RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

vyksyn

I love these kinds of purple lipsticks but I am not sure if the will love me! I have no way of finding out since I am not near a Mac counter and I don't want to just order the lipstick,any ideas?

MACupGrl

THIS &/&:$;@: has these other postings as well. That is sick. That's ripping people off!!! Are you kidding!!
unu6u5eq.jpg
Not trying to start crap but I have seen those same orange slices in 2 peeps online pics. Just Google MAC AAO and look at Images. NOT SAYING/ACCUSING ANYONE! Em 94 YJ white.

martiangurll

I'm not going anywhere doll! Ain't no way in hell some newbies are gonna scare me away by telling me something i don't already know. As you can see, nothing phases me, and i have no problem standing up for myself. I guess I'll just have to be more selective of who i respond to and answer questions from-peeps like you who actually understand my personality and who actually come here for information (gained and shared).
Girl u know I lurve you so please don't stop posting & forget about those haters because we don't have time for that shizzle

MaitaiFluff

hahaha I know! I was thinking I'd rather just wait and feel the thrill of getting the collection online myself instead of taking the easy way out. :)
I must admit, there is a bit of a thrill in the chase.
Not sure what you skintone is but Karla has great swatches of every finish for the perm range.  http://karlasugar.net/2009/09/mac-lipstick-recap/
This is super helpful since I was just wondering what Perm lipsticks I need to round out my assortment. Thank you!

cindypltnm81

With all do respect I have not @Richelle83. That was the perception, not the reality! And the manner in which folks chose to articulate their concern was nothing short of bullying. Totally unneccessary and alientating to say the least.To question a persons integrity without any concrete evidence and to do so as part of a group is what should be deemed as questionable. Furthermore I have oberved several other members who are part of the "crew" post "questionable things" and there was no objection just a discussion. Hyprocrisy? I'd say so..... Just my take....
I concur brooklyngirl :)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by luvlydee
To add an example of how great this forum is.. since the first day I've joined, not ONCE have i seen a negative comment posted towards someone who posted a picture of themselves. If we were truly bullies and a bad forum I think it would have been a different story.

I still have about 10 pages to read, but if the newbies are still around, i have had the same experiences as luvlydee - folks on here are amazingly generous to each other when it comes to commenting on photos of anyone wearing their new makeup.

And Specktra members have been nice to each other in other ways, such as making CPs (custom purchases) when someone can't get to a store or stalk a collection because they're in the hospital or have other problems.

Yeah, there's the occasional kerfuffle. We're only human. But they are usually quite short lived.

And, seriously, the forums here are much lower in drama than a scholarly e-mail list i was on, whose only members are professors, grad students, and published scholars in particular fields. Now THAT was nasty.

cindypltnm81

Listen, I've been a member here for a long, long time. There has been a shift in the way things are handled here as members come and go, people have their days and so on. That's neither here nor there. I've had a handful of misunderstanding with people. I think we all know tone is hard to establish over the internet whether it's with a stranger or someone you "know". I always find that explaining diffuses a situation. Example, when one member said she bought 3 RRW's, somehow she took my comment of "damn" with a laughing face as a judgement on her. I simply explained I wasn't judging and the situation was over. It doesn't matter if you have 1 post or 1,000 under your belt. If you feel like you've been disrespected or see something you don't like, you should be allowed to say so respectfully. If cooler heads prevail, and bullying or ridiculing was not the intention then the situation will be over. No one likes to be lectured, no one likes to be disrespected, no one likes to see the same question asked a million times or answer the same question a million times. So, let's just breathe and handle situations as they come.
I completely agree with what your saying entirely. I've had a few negative quarrels with members on here. Even referring to me as 'random' because I guess I didn't have a billion posts, but been member for some time now! lol I thought the comment was asinine and it was comical at same token. Anyway I didn't let it stop me from posting and commenting on specktra as I will continue to do :) There's allot info learned/shared from people with a common interest here! So for me the pos outweighed the negativity which I why I'm still an active member (when I can be).

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by StrongWoman
So back to Riri Summer... I want RiRi Boy and Heaux. The blush/bronzer doesn't excite me. I wish the blush portion was larger! I am a sucker for product names and Hibiscus sounds as close to a tropical vacation as I will ever get.

Well, with Lustre Drops, a little goes a loooooong way - if you're near a MAC or MAC counter, you can test the perm ones to get an idea of the formula. I figure that little bottle should last way more than a year, unless you slather the stuff all over your body
girlhaha.gif
I'd like a bottle of 'em, myself, i like that rose gold color.

As far as RiRi Boy and Heaux, i still want to see some swatches - i still have 5 more pages to read, so maybe some are lurking in there.

But from photos and hints, it sounds like they're basically Up the Amp (RRB) and Rebel (H) in retro-matte formula. Since i'm not a big matte lipstick fiend, my excitement is winding down. I guess i'll just go to MAC and get Up the Amp - it's about time i had it. I'll skip Rebel because i have so many dark plum and berry lipsticks, and it doesn't seem extremely different. And if RRB and Hx are darker than the regular colors they're based on, well, I can darken them with some black lip liner or a little OCC lip tar.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
I have a Macbook pro and have had the same problem for several months. But the last few days I haven't had any problems with clicking on the gallery. Knock on wood.

I have a Macbook and for quite a few months i was getting a message that a script was slow or not working. There'd be the choice of clicking "Continue" or "Stop script". I'd click "Stop" and the same thing would happen 4 or 5 times and then i could see the photo or return to the forum page. But, man, oh, man, that was annoying and a real joy killer.

I've noticed the past few days that isn't happening any more. YEA! Thanks to whomever for fixing it. But now that it works for me, i guess it isn't working for some others.

Ya know, the whole idea of the internet was that everyone could access it, it shouldn't make a difference what computer or operating system you were using. But then some companies started creating special code that only people using their OSs or browsers could use. Boo-ooo-ooo.

I just want to say thanks to whoever is coding Spectra, 'cuz keeping up with things can't be easy.

Medgal07

I'm appalled. Simply put---I am just so appalled. I turn my back for a hot minute (I was hauling AAO stuff) and this is what happens? Whatever
happened to loyalty and fidelity? Cry? Cry you say---how about good ole Medgal has cried to the point of life-threatening dehydration. What's more
is, I never had a wrinkle on this face until Elegant started cheating on me---I got a wrinkle from grimacing with the emotional pain of betrayal! Yet, I
know I'll take her back in a NY minute and a Dior heart beat---what can I say---she knows the good products. Who will give me sound
recommendations if I dump her? Forget RiRi Woo. MAC should consider an ElEl Woo in tribute to this woman who is so elusive to me.
icon_eek.gif
This is my heart
heart.gif
She broke it!
blah.gif
crybaby.gif

lol.gif
I remember that.
friends.gif

I'm SO gonna be in trouble with Medgal
amuse.gif

erine1881

[COLOR=0000FF]I'm appalled.  Simply put---I am just so appalled.  I turn my back for a hot minute (I was hauling AAO stuff) and this is what happens?  Whatever[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     happened to loyalty and fidelity?  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Cry?  Cry you say---how about good ole Medgal has cried to the point of life-threatening dehydration.  What's more[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     is, I never had a wrinkle on this face until Elegant started [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]cheating on me---I got a wrinkle from grimacing with the emotional pain of [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]betrayal!  Yet, I [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     know I'll take her back in a NY minute and a Dior heart beat---what can I say---she  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]knows the good  [/COLOR]products. Who will give me sound      recommendations if I dump her?  Forget RiRi Woo.  MAC should consider an ElEl Woo in tribute to this woman who is so  elusive to me.  [COLOR=0000FF]     [/COLOR]:shock:   [COLOR=0000FF]This is my heart :heart:  She broke it![/COLOR]:pooh: :crybaby:
Can't we just consider this an open relationship? :kiss:

Latest posts