Rock and Republic cosmetics

Bonitinha

For those of you interested in Rock and Republic makeup, here are some pics from my last haul from Hautelook. So sad to hear that this line is probably being discontinued after just 2 years on the market (I hear the brand is just going to stick with their luxe jean line). They are expensive if you buy them full price, but on Hautelook, they were 50% off (which makes the blushes $20 and the shadows $14 -- plus, they are *huge*)

First off, Blushes L to R -- Tease, Call Me, and Kinky (Call Me is usually sold out on these sales, so I was excited to snag it! These blushes are amazing!)
DSCN0781.jpg

Purple shadows L to R -- Twisted, Tempting, and Paranoid (the most gorgeous shimmer)
DSCN0783.jpg

Neutral shadows L to R -- Spy, Sabotage, Diffused (the only bummer with these is that Sabotage and Diffused are very similar)
DSCN0786.jpg

Picture of packaging (they are still in the bottom half of the box in the pic)
DSCN0784.jpg

Picture of the "hat boxes" they come in (love this -- feels like you are opening a little present)
DSCN0785.jpg

I am hoping it is just a rumor that they are closing out the cosmetics? Anyone know for sure?

jazm1n3s

They're not discontinuing their cosmetics line. Somebody emailed them to ask and they replied on their facebook page. So, no worries
winks.gif

Shypo

Very nice haul, Bonitinha!!! I love the packaging too! I think I might have to pick up Paranoid on my next order....I thought it was matte and have a gazillion purple matte shadows so I skipped it with this order. Thinking if the shimmer is that pretty, then I should probably give it a whirl!
yes.gif

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

Bonitinha

Shypo -- Paranoid has just a hint of shimmer -- really pretty (kind of like MAC Satin finish I think). I want some of their blue shadows -- but I also want the Chanel Blue Celeste quad, so do I really need that many blues?? lol

Jazm -- thanks for the heads up about their FB page. It seems they are low on so much of their inventory on their website -- so who knows?? I'll just get it while I can
smiles.gif

Vixxan

Rock & Republic Website

Rock & Republic

I am trying to purchase a couple of blushes from this site but I can't figure out how to select a shade. Can someone please help me navigate this site?

Thanks

AshleyDanielle

Re: Rock & Republic Website

i clicked it like 3x before a box finally popped up on the bottom...keep clicking on the blush

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDanielle
i clicked it like 3x before a box finally popped up on the bottom...keep clicking on the blush

Thanks for responding.

Can you select a color?

HOTasFCUK

I know there is two sites, one thats just rockandrepublic.com and then i think when you are there you have to click on shop and it goes to shop.rockandrepublic.com or something like that!

AshleyDanielle

Yes.....when you click on the blush or whatever you are trying to buy.....scroll down the page a bit, and it will show you a selection.....it will show you little circles to move your mouse over, to show the colors. click on one of the little circles, and click the button that says "buy" then it will take you to a diff page.....then it will show you "blush $40" then you click that picture and it will show you what you are trying to buy

Vixxan

I finally called them and they only have shameless in stock. Thanks for helping me out. I guess I found out about this one a little too late.

Ingenue

I've been using R&R cosmetics on and off for about a year. They didn't sell well at Nordstrom (which is where I discovered them)... so they're gone. I believe they're still available at the boutique in Beverly Hills.

For the price point, you get a LOT of product with the eyeshadows and blushes. They are highly pigmented with major staying power. The lip glosses are wonderful (trust fund & hot sauce are my favorites) but go rank rather quickly.

The foundations tended to get muddy on clients, so I tossed them. I didn't like the mousse at all. The mascara isn't very impressive, and I passed on the scuplting/highlighting duos.

I would say their BEST products are the blushes... followed by the eyshadows and the lipglosses.

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I've been using R&R cosmetics on and off for about a year. They didn't sell well at Nordstrom (which is where I discovered them)... so they're gone. I believe they're still available at the boutique in Beverly Hills.

For the price point, you get a LOT of product with the eyeshadows and blushes. They are highly pigmented with major staying power. The lip glosses are wonderful (trust fund & hot sauce are my favorites) but go rank rather quickly.

The foundations tended to get muddy on clients, so I tossed them. I didn't like the mousse at all. The mascara isn't very impressive, and I passed on the scuplting/highlighting duos.

I would say their BEST products are the blushes... followed by the eyshadows and the lipglosses.

I´m with you...I love Call Me blush (it´s the only one that I have been using), and both lipglosses, they taste/smell very good and stay on for five or more hours
yes.gif

Smf16

How often do they have sales on hautelook? I would love to snag some of these blushes...very pretty colors!

Bonitinha

Purple -- what a huge bummer that your blush was broken! I am wearing Call Me today and I love it (I think it is much better than Nars Orgasm). It is too bad they are sold out of most of their blushes on their website. I wonder if they plan to restock -- or if they really will let them phase out.
I really wish I would have gotten a few more blushes, because they are truly amazing!
I did a purple smokey look with my new shadows yesterday and it literally lasted all day and night. They have great pigmentation. I am a sucker for the packaging, too
smiles.gif

Smf16 -- I would say in the year that I've been a member of Hautelook, they have done 4 R&R sales. If you haven't signed up yet -- I would. They send emails of all of their sales. I ignore most of them -- I only buy from a few of the cosmetics sales.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple
I´m with you...I love Call Me blush (it´s the only one that I have been using), and both lipglosses, they taste/smell very good and stay on for five or more hours
yes.gif

My absolute favorite blushes are Spank and Immoral.
yes.gif
There's NOTHING like their lipglosses... right?! They aren't sticky at all. I love them. I just want them to last longer before they go bad. I'm on my third tube of Trust Fund.

Smf16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Purple -- what a huge bummer that your blush was broken! I am wearing Call Me today and I love it (I think it is much better than Nars Orgasm). It is too bad they are sold out of most of their blushes on their website. I wonder if they plan to restock -- or if they really will let them phase out.
I really wish I would have gotten a few more blushes, because they are truly amazing!
I did a purple smokey look with my new shadows yesterday and it literally lasted all day and night. They have great pigmentation. I am a sucker for the packaging, too
smiles.gif

Smf16 -- I would say in the year that I've been a member of Hautelook, they have done 4 R&R sales. If you haven't signed up yet -- I would. They send emails of all of their sales. I ignore most of them -- I only buy from a few of the cosmetics sales.

I am signed up with hautelook but unfortunately I mostly ignore emails unless there is a brand I know I want...I am definitely going to have to keep a look out now! I see the website is sold out of most colors now except Shameless...thanks!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
My absolute favorite blushes are Spank and Immoral.
yes.gif
There's NOTHING like their lipglosses... right?! They aren't sticky at all. I love them. I just want them to last longer before they go bad. I'm on my third tube of Trust Fund.

I love Spank blush , too. Really just gives the *perfect* flush on the cheeks! I tried out Tease the other day and it is really pretty -- looks like a lilac-y pink on (reminds me of MAC Azalea Blossom). Loving Call Me -- and tomorrow I will try out Kinky blush.
I bought 4 glosses a while ago and haven't had any luck with the staying power. Do you layer them over a lipstick or wear them on their own? The tubes are adorable
smiles.gif
I have been loving my Chanel glossimers lately and haven't been paying any attention to my other glosses lol

Bonitinha

One more pic for those of you waiting for the next Hautelook sale:

DSCN0842.jpg

L to R: Mistress l/g, Alpa Blonde l/g, Spank blush, Vacant l/g, and Preppy Punk l/g
The colors look very different in person than on the site, so here are some items I bought in a previous sale. I actually wasn't wowed by the glosses, but love the blushes
love.gif

Latest posts