Rock and Republic cosmetics

MacAtFirstSight

For those of you that are wanting to try out R&R, they are currently 50% off at Rockandrepublic website.
Use code ROCKCOSMETICS for 50% off all of their cosmetics line.
They've just restocked their blushes but seems to be out of stock of call me and spank.

HTH

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
My absolute favorite blushes are Spank and Immoral.
yes.gif
There's NOTHING like their lipglosses... right?! They aren't sticky at all. I love them. I just want them to last longer before they go bad. I'm on my third tube of Trust Fund.

WOW!! Your third tube??!! Is that because you finished each tube or because they went bad??
th_confused_new.gif

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Purple -- what a huge bummer that your blush was broken! I am wearing Call Me today and I love it (I think it is much better than Nars Orgasm). It is too bad they are sold out of most of their blushes on their website. I wonder if they plan to restock -- or if they really will let them phase out.
I really wish I would have gotten a few more blushes, because they are truly amazing!
I did a purple smokey look with my new shadows yesterday and it literally lasted all day and night. They have great pigmentation. I am a sucker for the packaging, too
smiles.gif

Smf16 -- I would say in the year that I've been a member of Hautelook, they have done 4 R&R sales. If you haven't signed up yet -- I would. They send emails of all of their sales. I ignore most of them -- I only buy from a few of the cosmetics sales.

I know, I was
angry.gif
, but I tought that I didn`t pay full price and try to enjoy that beautiful color (those are a makeup addict words
tong.gif
).
Soon as I can I will try the eyeshadows, it`s wonderful that they have great pigmentation!

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple
WOW!! Your third tube??!! Is that because you finished each tube or because they went bad??
th_confused_new.gif

I finished two of 'em. I use it a lot over other colors. But one of them went bad.
ssad.gif
Incidentally, it's the one I got from Nordstrom. The other two I got through the mail.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I love Spank blush , too. Really just gives the *perfect* flush on the cheeks! I tried out Tease the other day and it is really pretty -- looks like a lilac-y pink on (reminds me of MAC Azalea Blossom). Loving Call Me -- and tomorrow I will try out Kinky blush.
I bought 4 glosses a while ago and haven't had any luck with the staying power. Do you layer them over a lipstick or wear them on their own? The tubes are adorable
smiles.gif
I have been loving my Chanel glossimers lately and haven't been paying any attention to my other glosses lol

I mostly layer Trust Fund over other colors. But I LOVE Hot Sauce and Tyrant right out of the tube. They do WONDERS for my complexion... with just a little mascara and eyeliner!

I haven't had issues with staying power for any of the R&R glosses.

User38

lovely colors, great packaging.. bad business strategy for a recession due to high price points and little competitive advantage in the cosmetics market.

they are low on inventory why?

oh ..

Bonitinha

^^ I agree, they were just never marketed for the right demographic. And at full price, they are really expensive (and for that money I'd much rather buy Chanel). But at 50% off, it is quite the deal
smiles.gif

I did get another blush (Foreplay -- the matte peach one) of the website since it is half off and .99 shipping with the code. I noticed they are almost all out of their blushes again!!
shockt.gif
Hmmm, maybe they just need a new price point for their product . . .

Ingenue

I agree with the mis-marketing thing. Between them and Chanel, you get LOADS more product. And R&R's demo seems to be much younger than the targeted Chanel addict (you youngn's are extra for the company, lol). And the 18-34 just isn't going to drop that kind of coin on those products. They've already spent 200+ on those jeans. There's only enough money leftover for some Wet N' Wild. What they SHOULD have done is separated it and launched it as a 'couture' line. That way they could attract a financially flush clientele, and create a following.

Bonitinha

Quote:
I also feel like the product was 'soft launched.' It kind of just 'showed up' ... you know?

Yep, the first time I ever even heard of it was on Hautelook. I wasn't sure about it at first -- I thought it might be too young. I think now that I am in my late 30's, I have been gravitating more towards brands like Chanel. But yep, a couture line would have been a great idea.

Shypo

I love their products - I just received a second order from their website today, but Skintight e/s was pulverized - whoever is in their warehouse packing stuff is a moron. It was wrapped only in tissue paper and tossed into a box 3 times the size that was needed to ship the products.....grrr.......I decided to go online and order it again, and of course it's gone. So I called customer service....ugh. The girl was trying to be helpful, but couldn't even find the color in inventory. I asked her if the cosmetics line was being discontinued, and she said not that she knew. She said that their inventory replenishment was 2-3 weeks out, but it's a 'blind' shipment so they don't know what they're getting (and I suspect that's why they can't have a backorder capability on the site). So I suppose I'll do without Skintight for now, and hope that my next order (which is a big one and contains Paranoid Bonitinha
winkiss.gif
) doesn't arrive the same way.
angry.gif

I have Foreplay in my cart right now (it's the only color left
th_rolleye0014.gif
) - wondering if I should get it - any thumbs up?

Might try another lipgloss........

EDIT: Now Foreplay is gone - when I added a shadow to my cart I got the message that it's out of stock. Unbelievable.

Ingenue

Re: Rock & Republic Website

SUPER fast shipping! My glosses came today! I ordered them Wednesday. I also got Foreplay Blush and a tinted primer in Sophia (yesterday). I guess I'll get them on Monday.

I just went back to the site, Foreplay Blush is still in stock.

Ingenue

I ALREADY got my first order! I placed it on Wednesday...

Shypo, I ordered the Foreplay blush. I hope it comes intact. The lipglosses were bouncing around the box I just got. They just shove some tissue paper in there without actually wrapping the items. That's no good.

Shypo

Quote:
I ALREADY got my first order! I placed it on Wednesday...

Shypo, I ordered the Foreplay blush. I hope it comes intact. The lipglosses were bouncing around the box I just got. They just shove some tissue paper in there without actually wrapping the items. That's no good.

Yes, it's quite a departure from HauteLook.....I'm hoping I don't have problems with the 3 other orders I placed. So I didn't get Foreplay cuz apparently they don't 'honor' what's in someone's cart - if someone else comes along and orders it too, and it's the last one, you're out of luck. I am not happy. Now the blush page says 'Coming Soon'. So I can *hope* that they get stock in again in the next 2-3 weeks, and try to get Call Me.

I called them last week because for one of the orders I placed, I did not get an email confirmation, and the order status on the site said 'pending product'. So I called, and the guy that answered was extremely helpful - called the warehouse. He said that what 'pending-product' usually means is that they're checking to see if stock is available. When he checked with the warehouse, he called me back and said that yes, they had just got a shipment in, and that my order would go out the next day. So I guess it was a good thing that they got stock in. I did notice a couple of days later that there were more blush colors available, though not a full stock. They didn't stick around long - people are probably figuring the code out and ordering up what they can get. Probably evil-bayers
lecture.gif

I've ordered all of the shadows I want, but wish I had got a couple more blushes while I had the chance. I had Tease in my cart earlier in the week, but changed my mind. Oh well, my own fault.

Like Bonitinha, I too am a Chanel glossimer girl - I ordered one R&R gloss, and for me it's just 'ok' too.

Oh, and my order took 5 working days to get here, but I'm on the East coast.

Bonitinha

I hope my blush comes intact! This is the first time I've ordered off of the R&R website -- all other times I've ordered from Hautelook and had no problem.
I must say with this 50% off and .99 shipping -- I'm hooked. I am loving all of the products I got in my last shipment! I really didn't think I'd venture too much out of MAC and Chanel -- but this is a great line. And I am a sucker for the packaging -- nope, not too young for me!
smiles.gif

Cheryl -- I hope you get Call Me. It is so gorgeous! I was afraid that Tease might look too lavender -- but I love it. It goes great in a look with cooler shadows.
I think I have all of the blushes and shadows I want now
smiles.gif

Ingenue -- let me know what you think of Foreplay blush. I'm excited to get it and try it out. My little girls have been oohing and aaahhing over everything lol

Ingenue

I got my latest order... good news! My blush came intact. It was poorly packaged, but somehow it survived the trip!

Foreplay is a soft apricot-like brown. Reminds me of a matte version of In Love by Chanel. I think it's gonna look great on me!

Ingenue

Hey, did anyone order the tinted illuminizer or the primer? They've got these strange instructions on the website, about how to dispense the product? I followed the instructions and it is NOT working. Anyone else have this issue?

jazm1n3s

Guys, R&R will be on sale again tomorrow @ 10am est at Beauty Story website. It's similar to Hautelook. I don't know how much the sale's gonna be, but hopefully more than 50% off
winks.gif

I already have Call Me, All-Nighter, and X-Rated. I want Kinky blush and Tempting e/s now. I'm not sure Kinky will look good on my NC35 though.

DL83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Guys, R&R will be on sale again tomorrow @ 10am est at Beauty Story website. It's similar to Hautelook. I don't know how much the sale's gonna be, but hopefully more than 50% off
winks.gif

I already have Call Me, All-Nighter, and X-Rated. I want Kinky blush and Tempting e/s now. I'm not sure Kinky will look good on my NC35 though.

Beauty Story is run by the same guy who used to run Editor's Closet. Right before he sold Editor's Closet to another company, they had a R&R cosmetics sale. I ordered 2 blushes, Call Me & Spank. It took over a month to get to me and when it finally did, it was packaged so poorly, "Call Me" was shattered to pieces, which was unfortunate because that's the one I was looking forward to using the most. My friend who ordered at the same time, had the exact same thing happen to her. After many emails and eventually finding out Editor's Closet is run by a new company, I managed to get a refund from the people at Beauty Story, but they didn't even bother to respond to my friend.
angry.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL83
Beauty Story is run by the same guy who used to run Editor's Closet. Right before he sold Editor's Closet to another company, they had a R&R cosmetics sale. I ordered 2 blushes, Call Me & Spank. It took over a month to get to me and when it finally did, it was packaged so poorly, "Call Me" was shattered to pieces, which was unfortunate because that's the one I was looking forward to using the most. My friend who ordered at the same time, had the exact same thing happen to her. After many emails and eventually finding out Editor's Closet is run by a new company, I managed to get a refund from the people at Beauty Story, but they didn't even bother to respond to my friend.
angry.gif

Yea, i ordered from them too, but the slow shipping is due to the warehouse not sending them products on time, and they gave me 20% back plus a free e/s brush, so i forgave them
tong.gif

I think they're trying to prove themselves again with Beauty Story. I've emailed them several times and their CS is pretty good. I asked him if i can use my store credit at both EC/BS since they're under the same ownership, but he said that they're not, so maybe they're really under different management.