Rock and Republic cosmetics

Bonitinha

Wow, I can't believe Call Me keeps selling out everywhere! All of the blushes are sold out on the R&R official site. I got it with the last Hautelook sale -- I'm so glad I snagged it! I think you have to get on the second the sale starts on those sites. I know sites like Gilt and Ideeli have R&R sales and maybe Hautelook will do another one, too. Call Me is really worth tracking down -- the perfect glowy peach blush.

beautywithbre

I tried to get call me but it was in someone's basket and I got tired of waiting. Instead I got X-Rated and I have Kinky coming in the mail from R&R's 50% off sale they had on their website. I have not ordered from Beauty Story yet but I emailed their customer service this morning and they replied to me within twenty minutes and added a discount to my order as well! So far I am impressed, but we'll see about when my product arrives.

DL83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Yea, i ordered from them too, but the slow shipping is due to the warehouse not sending them products on time, and they gave me 20% back plus a free e/s brush, so i forgave them
tong.gif

I think they're trying to prove themselves again with Beauty Story. I've emailed them several times and their CS is pretty good. I asked him if i can use my store credit at both EC/BS since they're under the same ownership, but he said that they're not, so maybe they're really under different management.

Ah, I see. They gave me a percentage back for the inconvenience also, but it was less than 20%. I didn't get any free items either. Oh well.

Beauty Story emailed me an awesome coupon to use on the R&R sale. It was too good of a deal to pass up since the blushes were half off, so I decided to use it and got Kinky & Tease. In the comments section, I asked if they could package the items well and mark the item as fragile. Hopefully, everything arrives safe and sound =X

Morena.Doll

I ordered a few things and I hope it's all packaged well.
My order from R&R's site should be arriving this Thursday.
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I got my latest order... good news! My blush came intact. It was poorly packaged, but somehow it survived the trip!

Foreplay is a soft apricot-like brown. Reminds me of a matte version of In Love by Chanel. I think it's gonna look great on me!

What is it with them and their packaging procedures? I got a blush today that was rattling around in the box -- just one piece of tissue. I am amazed it remained intact also! Whenever I have ordered from hautelook, everything comes packed in tissue. The R&R warehouse needs to learn how to ship!
Foreplay is the blush I got today. I am pretty cool toned, so I hope it works on me. I can always put a pop of brighter blush on top if I need to.
I hope everyone can get their hands on Call Me
smiles.gif

jazm1n3s

I was gonna buy Kinky and Bedroom today but they were both sold out. I was sooo sad because i was waiting for the sale since last week
ssad.gif

I decided to get Foreplay though, couldn't bear to see the code unused. It's not as popular as Call Me or Kinky, but i hope it'll look good and natural on me
yes.gif

Bonitinha

I heard R&R website will restock their blushes soon -- possibly next week. Maybe they'll still have the 50% off promotion going and .99 shipping!

Tatyiona

Beauty Story restocked the blushes but I believed Call me and spanked are still sold out
ssad.gif
The $15 promo no longer works the $10 promo does

Ingenue

I have to send the primer back. The container is NOT dispensing the product. I tried the little 'pin trick' they suggest on the website and it still doesn't work. Booooo!!

jazm1n3s

Rock & Republic is sooo addicting! Within a few weeks, i bought:
Blushes:
Call Me
All Nighter
X-Rated
Kinky
Foreplay
Spank

Eyeshadow:
Tempting

I have never ever bought this many items within a few week span before! I'm usually the kind of person who buys 1-2 things in a month, so this is definitely a new thing for me. Hopefully i wont regret it!

Smf16

OMG! I just got my order in from R&R
smiles.gif
...these blushes are sooo nice! I got All-Nighter and X-Rated. Very pigmented! And then I go on their site just now...and they have blushes back in stock!! I am so tempted to order more...
ssad.gif
I'm obssessed now!

Morena.Doll

I got my order from R&R today. The packaging wasn't the greatest.
1 thing of bubble wrap on the bottom of the box & 1 piece of tissue paper.

THE BLUSHES ARE GORGEOUS THOUGH! I want more!
greengrin.gif

Bonitinha

^^Yeah, the wrapping from the R&R site is so lame! Good thing they come in those sturdy hat boxes -- or I can imagine they would arrive completely smashed. So fun how many people are loving the blushes. They are truly amazing -- I have 5 now and really love them (Call Me, Kinky, Spank, Tease, Foreplay). The 50% off sale has probably sent their sales through the roof. Now, if only other makeup brands would do the same sale
winks.gif
The shadows are also amazing!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I have to send the primer back. The container is NOT dispensing the product. I tried the little 'pin trick' they suggest on the website and it still doesn't work. Booooo!!

Bummer. I hope they refunded your shipping costs, too. Are they making you send the primer back? Whenever I have had a problem with a MAC online product, they have just refunded me and never made me send the faulty product back. I wonder if R&R will do the same??
th_dunno.gif

DL83

Would anyone know how R&R's Lust compares to MAC's Sunbasque? I just bought Sunbasque because I completely forgot that I had Lust at home. They look very similar in pan, and I don't really want to swatch Sunbasque so that I can exchange it untouched or maybe swap it if they are similar to each other. TIA!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL83
Would anyone know how R&R's Lust compares to MAC's Sunbasque? I just bought Sunbasque because I completely forgot that I had Lust at home. They look very similar in pan, and I don't really want to swatch Sunbasque so that I can exchange it untouched or maybe swap it if they are similar to each other. TIA!

Here is a swatch of Lust:
Rock and Republic Blush, Part 1 - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

Hope that helps!

Tatyiona

I don't know when the beauty story sale ends but I see they keep restocking and the $10 promo is still valid but if you want your items sooner order from the R&R website you'll only spend $5 more