Rock and Republic cosmetics

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I think usually if something is defective a company will take it back regardless of the general return policy.

I agree. That is the usual policy for any company. I have no idea what's happening with R&R. I haven't gotten the primer back yet. I almost hope someone took at look at the return slip and realized that it's stupid to send it back.

Vixxan

They are very serious about the all sales being final. I received an eye shadow from them broken and I am stuck with it. I did tell them that if they are going to make all sales final then they have a duty to their customers to wrap the items securely. One piece of tissue paper is hardly secure. I also told them that I found out about their products on the biggest makeup forum on the internet and that we share information with each other about companies and products and especially bad business practices like that this.
I did press it back together and it looks like crap. I have a few other items coming from them then I am done. I can't make them pack my items securely but I can control where I spend my money.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
They are very serious about the all sales being final. I received an eye shadow from them broken and I am stuck with it. I did tell them that if they are going to make all sales final then they have a duty to their customers to wrap the items securely. One piece of tissue paper is hardly secure. I also told them that I found out about their products on the biggest makeup forum on the internet and that we share information with each other about companies and products and especially bad business practices like that this.
I did press it back together and it looks like crap. I have a few other items coming from them then I am done. I can't make them pack my items securely but I can control where I spend my money.

Wow, that is crazy they wouldn't replace a broken shadow. It's very dishonest of them -- when you buy online you assume you will get the product in good condition. Hmmm, no wonder why the company in not doing well. Unfortunate, because they have some great products. I think I will only buy when Hautelook has a 50% off sale -- they make sure the items are packed securely.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade
Any thoughts on Call Me blush? Not sure if I should get it in case R&R gets it back in stock.

I am NC50 in Studio Fix Fluid and RR Call me blush adds a glow to my cheeks not color just a glow.

Vixxan

Did anyone else here order Rock and Republic from Beauty Story and if so have you received your items? I order on 8/3 and I have not received my items or a shipping confirmation.

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Did anyone else here order Rock and Republic from Beauty Story and if so have you received your items? I order on 8/3 and I have not received my items or a shipping confirmation.

I did, and I have not received my order yet. Somebody at MUA emailed their CS and they said that they're shipping orders today and will send us shipping confirmation email. Hopefully that's true, because it's been long enough.

Ingenue

I got the primer back. They ACTUALLY sent a defective item BACK TO ME. Wow.
I guess it's time for R&R and I to part ways. Like Vixxan said, I can certainly control where I spend my money.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I guess it's time for R&R and I to part ways. Like Vixxan said, I can certainly control where I spend my money.

I am shocked that they would do something so petty. The products are very nice but that kind of nonsense is unacceptable. I am sorry that they did that.

Shypo

I received a defective shadow but they're allowing me to return it (sent me the return label) - of the several items I ordered in 4 different shipments, it's the only one that arrived damaged.

I really want Call Me blush, but I don't know if I'm willing to risk damaged products and a hit-or-miss return policy.

I agree, Michelle, I think I'll wait for another HauteLook sale.......

jazm1n3s

Quote:

If I were you, I'm gonna try to contact their CS again. You may get a different person. I've heard they have good CS, so it's worth it to try again
smiles.gif

Vixxan

I received a email back from Beauty Story claiming that my items are going to be shipped today. I have received two orders from Rock and Republic and I will received another two orders tomorrow in the time it took them to just ship one order. This is my first and last order with them.

Ingenue I would contact them again and if that doesn't help try writing them a letter through planet feedback that has always worked for me.

I have Tease Me blush that I tried a few times no dips. It's too light for my NC50 skin tone. Would anyone like to trade me Kinky for my Tease Me?

Ingenue

Ladies, I am over it. I'm putting a lotion pump on the bottle, and just going on about my life. I already wasted several dollars in shipping on this madness. I'm certainly not wasting any more minutes on it. I have way too many choices for makeup, to be hamstrung by Rock & Republic and their issues.

Smf16

Quote:
Ladies, I am over it. I'm putting a lotion pump on the bottle, and just going on about my life. I already wasted several dollars in shipping on this madness. I'm certainly not wasting any more minutes on it. I have way too many choices for makeup, to be hamstrung by Rock & Republic and their issues.

I am shocked how they treat customers! I mean they definitely could and should have replaced for you. I have placed only one order that was fine but you make me think twice about another..

Vixxan

I wanted to wait until I received all of my items from Rock and Republic and beauty story to write a little summary but I heard that this sale will end at the end of the month so I am writing it now.

I was planning to purchase all of the eye shadows but the broken eye shadow and them not accepting returns in a big deterrent for me. I am still undecided.

Beauty Story did ship my items the same day that they said they would. I didn't not received a tracking number but it was shipped and received.

This is the list of blushes that I purchased:

Call Me - Nice glow no color on my NC50 skin tone just a glow
Tease - On my skin tone I get a white looking ashy mess avoid this one if you are my skin tone
Shameless - This was the first blush I purchased from Rock And Republic I had no intentions of buying this blush but it was the only one left so I bought so I just try their blush. I am glad that I purchased this blush. Out of all the blushes that I purchased this is my favorite one. This blush is on my top 10 blush list and to think I would not have purchased this if All Nighter was in stock.
Lust - On my skin tone Lust is a slightly lighter version of Shameless. This one is just as nice as Shameless.
Immoral - Beautiful matte orange blush.
Bedroom - This is a little hard to describe. The color looks like a orange mauve if that's possible. This another favorite for me.
All Nighter - WOW this is a very nice nice orange blush. I love this blush.
Xrated - A bold Fuchsia blush. This is a very nice blush just be careful not to apply too much.
Seduce - A beautiful rose blush.

Eye shadows:
I purchased a lot so I am only going talk about a few.
Fatalistic - Matte black that is very black and easy to work with,
Proactive - This eyeshadow arrived broken. I don't believe this eyeshadow was pressed well to begin with. I didn't have to break it apart to repress it because it just crumbled as soon as I picked it up.
Electric - Since I am a blue eye shadow hoarder this is a welcome addition to my collection. It's a very nice bright shimmery blue.
Snakeskin - My new favorite lid color. This eyeshadow goes with almost any color.
Denim - Reminds me a lot of MUFE #60. This color is so easy to blend but not as easy and vibrant as MUFE #60.

Smut cream eyeliner - I don't like this eyeliner at all. The one that I received is starting to dry up. The color is not vibrant at all. This is one is almost transparent.

This line is not flashy or bright, if you are looking for bright colors look else where. Rock and Republic put together a beautiful line of cosmetics that can be worn everyday on just about anyone. This is not just a beautifully packaged product the makeup itself is top of the line. I am happy with almost everything I purchased.

I hope this helps.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
Are you planning on posting swatches?
smiles.gif

I will post swatches tomorrow.

jazm1n3s

Wow, Vixxan, you bought almost all of their blushes! *jealous*

I'm lemming Bedroom so bad right now. That's the only blush left that I want from them. But i can't spend $20 for another blush right now. Already bought too much
ssad.gif

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Wow, Vixxan, you bought almost all of their blushes! *jealous*

I'm lemming Bedroom so bad right now. That's the only blush left that I want from them. But i can't spend $20 for another blush right now. Already bought too much
ssad.gif

I bought too much and I am probably going to have to miss Fabulous Felines. I really do have to stop shopping.

aziajs

I am torn on this whole Beauty Story thing. It has taken FOREVER for them to ship the items out. I finally got a shipping confirmation and was linked to the UPS website to track it....but it's a USPS confirmation number. I found this out after emailing CS with the invalid "UPS" number. I mean, how can they send you the wrong website link to track your package? On top of that, I am only seeing confirmation of one order. I placed 2 orders, a day apart. I hope they shipped them together. It just seems like they have ALOT of bugs to work out. It's not a machine like HauteLook. I love them.

pinguina

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying Rock & Republic in Canada? I don't think their website ships here, and based on previous purchases from Hautelook I don't actually save any money
ssad.gif
(Because of exchange rates, shipping costs, and duty. Plus Hautelook's shipping is extremely slow for Canada). If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it!