SEPHORA FRIENDS AND FAMILY-WHAT ARE YOU BUYING???

shontay07108

If you get the wrong color it will probably look to obvious. I want something that looks like my skin and that will make the darkness disappear. #4 is my color, but it gives a luminous finish and that makes it look less dark, but still natural. the original shades are 1-4. The others were recently added and they involve different undertones. That's why the numbering may seem off.

califabulous

If you get the wrong color it will probably look to obvious. I want something that looks like my skin and that will make the darkness disappear. #4 is my color, but it gives a luminous finish and that makes it look less dark, but still natural. the original shades are 1-4. The others were recently added and they involve different undertones. That's why the numbering may seem off.
OIC. Thx! well I didn't really see anything off but I noticed that I "looked" different. Something was smoother or clearer in my general eye area if that makes sense. I am so excited to use this....but I heard it can be drying if used daily. Eye cream rec's?? I've been reading up on Ole Henrickson fresh start.....
anyone.gif
I know someone asked earlier about the best eye creams....any others?

MadTheologian

I hv a question:
1.UD 24/7 liner in Zero pencil
2.UD 24/7 liner in Perversion Liquid
3.Stila Stay All day waterproof liquid in Black.

Which is the best?

Just found your question, and I would go what is familiar to me: one of the Urban Decay liners. If you like the color very pitch black and matte, I recommend Perversion; otherwise, pick Zero for its ease of use.

MadTheologian

Today, my package arrived from Sephora and it was great! I am looking forward to giving the colognes to Mr Theologian. Now, I will have to wait for the Mia to charge up. I am hoping for good results.

It was a pity that I missed the NARS duo specials, but it might be a good thing as I've heard that their shadows are much too dry, and felt that they looked much prettier in the pan than when applied (like the time when I swatched Rated R, for example).

shontay07108

Today, my package arrived from Sephora and it was great!  I am looking forward to giving the colognes to Mr Theologian.  Now, I will have to wait for the Mia to charge up.  I am hoping for good results. It was a pity that I missed the NARS duo specials, but it might be a good thing as I've heard that their shadows are much too dry, and felt that they looked much prettier in the pan than when applied (like the time when I swatched Rated R, for example).  
I have several Nars duos and they are fantastic, in my opinion. Once you put a primer on, it's a piece of cake. Rated R, in particular is one of my most coveted from them. The single shadows are not my thing (tried, not into it), but the duos are really good in application.

missah

Just found your question, and I would go what is familiar to me: one of the Urban Decay liners. If you like the color very pitch black and matte, I recommend Perversion; otherwise, pick Zero for its ease of use.
Thanks. I probably will get perversion though. I have perversion in pencil form and I do really like it.

foxxylatina07

Ok so I know I said that I didn't need anymore makeup well I caved and bought a few things. I got:

NARS Danmari palette,
NARS Bad Influence n/p (8 bucks versus the 20 something price tag) and
Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hour foundation in 3.2 (I have 3.3 also that I got from Ulta)

I guess that's it. When I go back to the city I'm gonna exchange the GHD flat iron for a Clarisonic MIA 2 =)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I got the MUFE Wild & Chic Aqua Eyes Collection too. Probably won't get anything from the VIB sale now.

sss215

I grabbed the last Laura Mecier Face Illuminator with my VIB discount today. I stopped in Nordies first to get the 411 on it (found out its a gel and meant to give a long wearing non sparkly glow, and synthetic brushes are best with it)

I adore the texture and I am convinced this will be the perfect highlighter for me. I love that it comes in a mirrored compact as well. I was going to get MAC's Hello Beautiful BP, but this is way more pigmented and functional.

Off to decide what else to get before the sale is over.

califabulous

I grabbed the last Laura Mecier Face Illuminator with my VIB discount today. I stopped in Nordies first to get the 411 on it (found out its a gel and meant to give a long wearing non sparkly glow, and synthetic brushes are best with it)

I adore the texture and I am convinced this will be the perfect highlighter for me. I love that it comes in a mirrored compact as well. I was going to get MAC's Hello Beautiful BP, but this is way more pigmented and functional.

Gel? wowza. I love how it looks in the pan. it does seem to look sparkly on me. maybe it just doesn't work for me. can wait to hear how it works for you....I really love the idea of a highlight....so glam...!

LV2EVOLVE

NARS Mandchourie Duo nails Inc. Houses of Parliament MUFE Highline palette NARS Hungry Heart Duo Korres Jasmine set

Copperhead

Gel? Mine isn't a gel. Are we talking about the same Face Illuminator? The same Face Illuminator in Shontay's pic? I'm confused. LOL.

sss215

Yup, that's its! The Laura Mercier rep said its a gel, that's why its so smooth.

After reading this post, I went back to ask her to be sure, and she said the ingredients in this product, like glycerin gives it gel like qualities. Of course isn't a squeeze out of the tube gel, but its smooth, long wearing and blendable like a gel cosmetic product would be. Which makes so much sense to me. It also isn't powdery and has no Talc or Zea Mays in it.

Copperhead

Yup, that's its! The Laura Mercier rep said its a gel, that's why its so smooth.
After reading this post, I went back to ask her to be sure, and she said the ingredients in this product gives it gel like qualities. Of course isn't a squeeze out of the tube gel, but its smooth, long wearing and blendable like a gel cosmetic product would be. Which makes so much sense, it isn't powdery at all.
Ohhhh ok. I see. It is definitely smooth and silky feeling.

PixieDancer

I forced myself to place an order today... I cannot pass up on a sale! It was a boring order: Makeup Forever HD Elixer, HerCut Ponytail, a Tokidoki lip prod, & refills for my Nu Brillance.
Did you end up with anything UrbanSweetheart?

I got my VIB coupon code, but no clue what to get
icon_eek.gif
oh boy...

DILLIGAF

I also made myself get something on the last day of the sale. I ended up with:
Nails Inc colour collection in neutral
Dior show Blackout mascara
Philosophy Body Lotion in Fresh Peaches with cream
Philosophy Shower Gel in Melon Daiquiri