Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow

I bought the Vintage Black Gold on Sunday and I love it!!! Yes, you do apply with your fingers and I think you would lose A LOT if you applied with a brush, however you can blend with a brush after applying. I also want to get the green color, but I don't know if I can justify the cost versus how often I would actually wear it. For a color you would use on a regular basis, though, I think it is worth it. From my use so far I think it will last a looooong time because it takes so little when applying. You really just take a drop of primer and one dip of your finger for both eyes. It is so stunning. I also love the look of applying it sheer and wearing a bright red lip (which I think would look good with all the gold/copper colors).

MAChostage

I went and played with these yesterday. My favorite of the bunch is the vintage black gold, followed by the gold. I personally can't see purchasing one of these because to me they can only be used pretty much for very special ocassions (or if you've just got it like that and can wear them whenever). Plus, I don't like the amount of effort you have to put into the application. On top of that, removal leaves glitter everywhere. They are pretty, though.

EmbalmerBabe

I saw these the other day they are lovely but i'm worried they will possibly dry up fast because they have a somewhat "squishy" texture. Also the 32.00 price tag is really absurd for the product. It is a cool product but not worth 32.00. Unless you are madly in love with it there are alternatives out there i'm sure that have a more proper price point.

Julily

I just saw them on the site. They are to die for! Still I can't see myself getting much use out of these. I'd probably only use it one or twice.

HauteFace Mimi

I saw these gorgeous babies when I was just about to leave Sephora empty handed. Oh, They are so beautiful and pigmented I fell in love! The price is a little steep though at $32 a pot, but it doesn't even matter. They are amazing!
love.gif

Darby

I messed with these a bit at sephora a few weeks ago. Not sure if I was doing it right. What should the 'foiled' effect do to the eyeshadow when mixed together. Not sure if I used too much of the mixing agent but to me it looked like I took a mac pigment and added fix+ on it. I didn't get the foiled appearance?

If you were messing with them at Sephora most likely the problem was that other people mixed primer into the pot itself and have caused it not to come out right. However, the best way to get a truly foil effect is first apply the primer to your eyelid (about one drop between the two eyes if you can manage it) and then, using your finger, pat the shadow on top of it. If you don't want it quite that dark mix the primer and the shadow before applying in your little mixing tin. Remember you only want to use one drop of primer. You can change how dark it is by how much shadow you add to the primer. Whatever you do, do not mix the primer in the pot of eyeshadow.

Darby

Thank you thank you!!! So when you apply all correctly what does the shadow look like? Haha I know that may be hard to describe but if it's something unique I want to but one but if not, I don't want to fork over the money.

I think it is quite unique, I thought the video Sephora created was accurate. I think I linked the video properly below. If not search "Sephora Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow by Stila"on Youtube and the video should come up. Or go to the Sephora website and look under the specific product.

0.jpg

thebloomroom

swatched comex gold in sephora JCP today (didnt have vintage gold)-- SO beautiful omg. waiting for F&F to get these.

fyi was a nightmare to get off even on my hand lol glitter everywhere

KiKi Kontour

when is the F&F sale? im definitely gettin 2 of em...dont know if i want the silver n gold, gold n vintage or kitten n gold. hmmmm....

Yeah, glitter can be hard to get off in general. I can get the main color off with a general makeup wipe, but if I really want to make sure all of the glitter comes off I use Ponds Cold Cream and it comes right off, no struggle.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yeah, glitter can be hard to get off in general. I can get the main color off with a general makeup wipe, but if I really want to make sure all of the glitter comes off I use Ponds Cold Cream and it comes right off, no struggle.
That stuff is older than the sun, but it works like nobody's business. I guess some stuff was just made right.

I really want to try out the metallic shadows, but my Sephora only has them in the front display case, not in section. So I can see them, I just can't touch them.

MissTT

Ask them to test it. I'll bet they'd make a tester for you. We have them out front under glass and with testers out and then back in the Stila section with testers and we're a small store. Applying them is what sells them so locking them up doesn't do them a lot of good.

Latest posts