Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow

Ponds works wonders! My mom has used it forever and that was the first thing she showed me when I started to get into makeup.

I agree with Miss TT. Ask them if you can test it. And if you don't want to waste time you can always call and ask over the phone if they would let you test it if you came in to the store.

MoForMakeUp

Still pretty new on Specktra. Joined a few months ago, but haven't posted much. Saw this thread and decided to add my two cents. I put the Comex Gold on my daughter today with MAC vanilla diamond. A little fluid line and some mascara to finish. Im actually pretty impressed. Will come in handy when prom season rolls in.
c20ce8bc_20131011_184354-1.jpeg

KiKi Kontour

dont worry laydeez....hold fast...yall know the sephora friends n family sale will be coming soon!!! thats when i'll swoop in n grab em!!

SydVicious

Ok ladies.... I caved and got 4 of these lovelies. Here is the cheapest way to get them.. Stila's website, used promo code WELCOME for 20% off it it's your first purchase with them. Also if you go through Ebates, you can get 12% cash back. Oh and you get free shipping on orders over $50. :) If you want an invite to Ebates, PM and I'll be glad to send one. You can sign up for Ebates without a referral, but I think you get a few dollars back if you use a referral.

KiKi Kontour

I went ahead n grabbed vintage gold!!!! ooooomg I cant wait to do a smokey eye wit this bad boy!! I actually dnt think u really need the liquid drops that come with it cuz they're pretty good on its own (over ur own normal primer). I also had a grand idea to use em on the lips too and it came out quite nice!! i'll post a pic when I complete the look!!

MissTT

So excited to see, KiKi! I forgot I had these on my list. I keep going back and forth about how much I'll use them.

KiKi Kontour

i thought that too but I figured I can always take it back so i'll store the packaging somewhere cuz ummm $32!!! yea this dmn shadow needs to gimme a lap dance
censored.gif

SydVicious

So excited to see, KiKi! I forgot I had these on my list. I keep going back and forth about how much I'll use them.
If you pick just one or two good colors, that you use alot.. it's totally worth it. These are AMAZING. I just got them in the mail last night and they are beyond gorgeous. I have never seen any eye shadow so shiny and metallic. Comex gold it really very orange. I'm not sure I will use it much because it is so orange, I might return it. Vintage Black gold is beautiful, it's got kind of a grungy background color with the pop of gold. I have Comex Platinum and Dusty rose on the way. I am really looking forward to using platinum in a smokey eye look. These shadows are unbelievably beautiful, but for the price, It's going to be one of those that you have to choose just a few shades to own because the cost of high. In my opinion, Vintage Gold is worth the cash.

Oh... and the base primer drops.... I did a few tests with them. I picked up a bit of product on my finger with no drops and I was able to get a medium coverage that I could sheer out a bit on the edges. I then put one tiny drop on the pan, dipped my finger in and patted it on my lid. When I went back to drip my finger to pick up some shadow, I noticed that the drop residue left on my finger helped me to pick up more product and gave me that really metallic shine when I put in on my lid. Also, when I swatched on my arm with and without the primer drops, I noticed that I did get a bit of flaking from the non primed area. Also, when I said I put a tiny drop, I mean it. I didn't squeeze the dropper or anything, I just tapped the end of the dropper on my pan and that was it. A little goes a very long way.

SydVicious

Comex gold. The top swatch is with the primer drops, bottom is without. With is much more foiled. Also, note how orange this "gold" is.

Vintage Black Gold. Left is with Primer drops, right is without.

Photos don't do these justice, you can't really capture the foiled metallic look of these of camera, but I figured you could get a better idea of the colors and how the primer helps. :)

MissTT

So flipping beautiful, Syd. And she's right, pics don't do this product justice. They pop IRL. Comex Gold is quite orange, but it looks good on my skin. I still can't decide b/w the two colors you posted. A metallic eye isn't quite my style so that's why I don't think I would use them much.

So Syd do you recommend fingers or brush for application? I'm liking fingers so far.

KiKi Kontour

So flipping beautiful, Syd. And she's right, pics don't do this product justice. They pop IRL. Comex Gold is quite orange, but it looks good on my skin. I still can't decide b/w the two colors you posted. A metallic eye isn't quite my style so that's why I don't think I would use them much.

So Syd do you recommend fingers or brush for application? I'm liking fingers so far.
i would say use ur fingers cuz u can be as precise as possible. i wouldn't feel like i'd get its full potential wit a brush!

SydVicious

I have a silicon applicator sort of like this one: http://www.sephora.com/224-silicone-applicator-P382422?skuId=1536457

I use that to help apply in the inner corner of my eye. Then I use my fingers on the rest of my lid. I was just having a little trouble getting the inner corner without accidentally getting some smudged on the under portion of my eye. So I started using this applicator to help control where the shadow is going. It works much better than any brush that I tried, but using my fingers worked the best of the larger portion of my eye. :)

MissTT

I actually need that brush for my YSL Pure Chromatics. (Thanks for that link, Syd!) I got two of them in gratis, but they were testers so came w/o the silicone applicator. I haven't really been able to apply the shadows well wet, but this is the tool provided in the full packaging. The problem is I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the eye shadows so what else I would use the brush for?

eta: Ah, pigments... I need to see a video of how this is done. And found one! Brush is in my cart. And I can even just order right now if I want due to VIBR free shipping. Yay! Thanks, Syd.

KiKi Kontour

I have a silicon applicator sort of like this one: http://www.sephora.com/224-silicone-applicator-P382422?skuId=1536457

I use that to help apply in the inner corner of my eye. Then I use my fingers on the rest of my lid. I was just having a little trouble getting the inner corner without accidentally getting some smudged on the under portion of my eye. So I started using this applicator to help control where the shadow is going. It works much better than any brush that I tried, but using my fingers worked the best of the larger portion of my eye. :)
what a great idea to use those kind of brushes too!! thanx

Latest posts