Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow

MissTT

E.l.f. has this same brush. The trick is to find it in stock. I'll try to look at Target tomorrow, but I have a feeling it won't be aroud as I doubt its popular.

thebloomroom

I agree, Comex Gold was TOO orange! I may swap it out for Vintage Gold if Sephora lets me do an even exchange.

My primer drops came at like 1/4 full.. anyone else have this issue?

KiKi Kontour

I agree, Comex Gold was TOO orange! I may swap it out for Vintage Gold if Sephora lets me do an even exchange.

My primer drops came at like 1/4 full.. anyone else have this issue?
yes my primer was like half full too. im like i meeeeean it aint that big anywayz so at least fill it up!! sheesh!!

MissTT

The primers aren't full? That's not cool... Y'all should leave some feedback where Stila can see it because that needs to change.

KiKi Kontour

yea that definitely sucks for the price we payin that shyt is NOT full. hell I think the dmn bottle should be bigger actually. I meeeean if anything the bottle should be bigger cuz im quite sure you'd finish the bottle waaaay before u finish the pan of the shadow!!

and FYI: im keepin this expensive azz shadow in the original box in case I need to return/exchange this product for any reason or if down the line I know it wont get as much love as a regular shadow. I just feel like these will expire or mold or some shyt within a year cuz its just sooo...moistly different!!

SydVicious

yea that definitely sucks for the price we payin that shyt is NOT full. hell I think the dmn bottle should be bigger actually. I meeeean if anything the bottle should be bigger cuz im quite sure you'd finish the bottle waaaay before u finish the pan of the shadow!!

and FYI: im keepin this expensive azz shadow in the original box in case I need to return/exchange this product for any reason or if down the line I know it wont get as much love as a regular shadow. I just feel like these will expire or mold or some shyt within a year cuz its just sooo...moistly different!!
Mine was half full too. I wonder if they are going to come out with a full size bottle of that stuff. I have been wanting to try it with pigments and glitters, but I am afraid to use it on anything but this shadow, I don't want to be left without that primer.

KiKi Kontour

thanx laydeez!! Bloom, all i used was my fingers then dabbed the solution drop thingy on my finger n applied it directly to the lid. its really buildable but u dnt wanna layer too much cuz then it'll get all bunched up n crease. VG is definitely the most versatile "everyday" color to me. pics just do this shadow no justice. noooow is it worth $32
icon_eek.gif
errr uuuuh im still keepin my box in case i need to take it back lol. im just curious of the shelf life wit these (not that i go by expiration dates) but the texture doesnt seem like it would last a long time.

SydVicious

has anybody seen the new magnificent metals liners? its in a pot form

http://www.sephora.com/magnificent-metal-liners-P384586

im gonna swatch it against the vintage gold shadow cuz if i like it better im gonna swap!!
Umm, I have not seen that. I can't find any swatches, so if you go check them out I would love a swatch photo. Especially of the purple.

I STILL have not gotten my silver and rose that I ordered forever ago. My package went missing via USPS and Stila sent out a new one ASAP, but they shipped it UPS and that takes like 6 weeks to get to me here via APO. So... Still waiting, hopefully is will show up this week.

On another note, I did break down and order Kitten from Sephora and it just came yesterday. It's a lovely neutral, slightly pink. I couldn't help but mix it with Comex Gold to try to make a softer rosy copper. It came out nicely. It's sort of a rose gold/copper. These shadows mix very nicely too, just FYI. Here are a few swatches:

Kitten, over primer:

Comex gold and Kitten mixed, over primer:

KiKi Kontour

i swatched the liners and they are just as goooorgeous. only difference is they are more black based. i havent seen swatches either WOMP WOMP but once i get the gold one i'll do a comparison. the purple is pretty too n these would make for a meeeeean smokey eye

KiKi Kontour

the texture is that same wet moist like mousse feelin of the shadows. I would prefer to use these as shadows vs a liner becuz they smudge so perfect. the purple is gorgeous too but I just got gold to compare to the shadow I have. more than likely i'd pair the 2 together for a more vibrant punch. the liners aren't as chunky as the shadows n give a more subtle foil due to the blk base but these would also be pretty to pat over a dark lip too (dnt worry I will try it lol) definitely the pro would be the COST which is a $7 difference and no it doesn't come wit the mini bottle primer. after I do some more testings n play with em i'll decide if I wanna keep $57 worth of shadows lol

thebloomroom

old thread, but i just tried to use these shadows for the first time in months and the primer evaporated... was closed tight too. Mess. smdh. returning these to sephora ASAP