Stila Must Haves

RedRibbon

Hey everyone

I'm quite a noob to Stila makeup and am going to the warehouse sale in London on Tuesday and was hoping that you kind ladies could share your knowledge as to which products from Stila are worth purchasing

Thank you

thmbup.gif
th_kiss.gif

MacAtFirstSight

you HAVE to get the convertible colors, especially gerbera. You can use it for your cheeks and lips, but mostly I use it for my cheeks. it's the best creme blush out there.

I heard kitten e/s is a must-have. I've never tried it myself, but heard good things about it

also stock up on kajal liners, they are one of the best pencil liners out there in the market.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I agree on the convertible colours, they are lovely!

Many of the eyeshadows have a lovely, almost creamy texture.

The smudge pots are gorgeous.

A lot of people like the Kajal pencils, but they smudge pretty badly on me.

I'm also a fan of the bronzing powders.

User38

Smudge pots in all the colors and the cream convertible colors, especially Gerbera and Fuschia! I still love the gold highlighters but I believe these are discontinued (I have a few stashed away..lol).. and the ES which are really wonderful. Kitten -- lots of dupes out there for this but it is a lovely and wearable color
smiles.gif

Mizzvaine

definitely LOVE LOVE the kitten e/s. I always use it for my everyday look. Another must have is the kajal eyeliner. It goes on so smoooth!
smiles.gif
I also love their lip glazes.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAtFirstSight
you HAVE to get the convertible colors, especially gerbera. You can use it for your cheeks and lips, but mostly I use it for my cheeks. it's the best creme blush out there.

I heard kitten e/s is a must-have. I've never tried it myself, but heard good things about it

also stock up on kajal liners, they are one of the best pencil liners out there in the market.
smiles.gif

Thank you
smiles.gif
Is that colour WOC friendly? I'm deffo going to stock up on the eye liners as I use them everyday and mine are running out really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I agree on the convertible colours, they are lovely!

Many of the eyeshadows have a lovely, almost creamy texture.

The smudge pots are gorgeous.

A lot of people like the Kajal pencils, but they smudge pretty badly on me.

I'm also a fan of the bronzing powders.

Thanks
smiles.gif
How do you use the smudge pots? Are they just like the gel liners from Mac and BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Smudge pots in all the colors and the cream convertible colors, especially Gerbera and Fuschia! I still love the gold highlighters but I believe these are discontinued (I have a few stashed away..lol).. and the ES which are really wonderful. Kitten -- lots of dupes out there for this but it is a lovely and wearable color
smiles.gif

I'v heard a lot about Kitten and really want to pick one of these up, I might as well get two seeing as the stuff will be greatly reduced and if it's a bit light I can use it as a highlighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzvaine
definitely LOVE LOVE the kitten e/s. I always use it for my everyday look. Another must have is the kajal eyeliner. It goes on so smoooth!
smiles.gif
I also love their lip glazes.

Is the liner a pencil one? How well do the lip glazes show up on the lips? Are they just sheer or do you get more colour?

Does anyone know how well the eyeshadows show up on Indian/darker skins?

I'll trawl the boards to find some swatches but thank you ladies so much
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

RedRibbon

Oooh, whilst I'm here, do any of you ladies know of a Stila eyeshadow which is the same colour as the one I've squared in red. That's quite an accurate colour in the photo but the brown is a bit more pigmented/slightly shimmered.

ng6anr.jpg

Mizzvaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Is the liner a pencil one? How well do the lip glazes show up on the lips? Are they just sheer or do you get more colour?

Does anyone know how well the eyeshadows show up on Indian/darker skins?

I'll trawl the boards to find some swatches but thank you ladies so much
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

It's pretty sheer.. it's shiny! :p I find it very expensive though.. It's nice and all that but i couldnt justify spending $20++ on a lipglaze.

The liner is like a pencil one but it's really creamy compared to other pencil eyeliner.

The eyeshadows are pretty pigmented!
th_DANCE.gif
There are a lot of color selections.. You can buy the ones that come in palettes. Not sure though which shows up good in your shade. I think Kitten looks good on almost every shade.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzvaine
It's pretty sheer.. it's shiny! :p I find it very expensive though.. It's nice and all that but i couldnt justify spending $20++ on a lipglaze.

The liner is like a pencil one but it's really creamy compared to other pencil eyeliner.

The eyeshadows are pretty pigmented!
th_DANCE.gif
There are a lot of color selections.. You can buy the ones that come in palettes. Not sure though which shows up good in your shade. I think Kitten looks good on almost every shade.

I'm deffo going to pick up a few, it's hard to see the actual colour online seeing as each computer I use and each photo shows the colour a bit different. I'll probably pick up quite a few of them seeing as they will be reduced so it won't be a great loss.

I'm going to buy the pencils in bulk I think as I've heard they're better than the UD ones and I'd hate to buy one and then find they're great only to be not able to buy them anymore.

I think I will buy the individual eyeshadow pans and then glue them into a dvd case as I have so many cases which are not being used
smiles.gif

rbella

Kitten is definitely a must have. Also, the 24 karat bronzer, Illuminating tinted moisturizer and the new 24 karat lipglosses.

Strawberrymold

My Stila can't live without it list

All the Kajal liners, but especially topaz, onxy & tigers eye
-These are best for rimming the eye with, they are super creamy and smudge like a dream.

Smudge pots in grey, bronze, black & pomagrante
-Smudge pots are awesome! They are a cream based shadow/liner/base. You can line the eye with them, smudge them out and do a whole eye with just one product!

Shadows in Twig, Jeezabel, Cloud, Kitten, Wheat & Sun
-Stila shadows are huge (twice the size of MAC & very pigmented and creamy, stay away from the duo's though... although pretty in the pan they are not as high quality as the single shadows. They are going to be DC'd soon.)
#9, #7 #4 & #15 brush... Stila brushes are amazing! They are very high quality and last for years.

I also like the Illuminating concealers and the illuminating tinted moistizer, both are wonderful products as well that give a very dewy natural look to the skin!

The glosses are okay, I do wear the one's I have.. but I like other brands more.

Hope that helps!

RedRibbon

Thanks
smiles.gif

I'm back from the sale now and have done quite well considering I only spent £37 quid.

I didn't get any convertible colours as they only had gerbera, poppy and camelia and gerbera looked too orange for my skin. They had peony which was unboxed and the container was scratched and it had been swatched many times, I would have bought it if it was unswatched. I've just seen some swatches of gerbera on karlasugar now and it still looks like it wouldn't suit me.

Anyway, I did manage to get a purple smudgepot for £1.50.

I'm going to do a blog entry about my whole experience
smiles.gif

Shimmer

The CCs are great as a base for blush or MSFs.
smiles.gif
I like to use Lillium and then put Albatross over it.
ANY of the liquid highlighters are yum in my book.
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
The CCs are great as a base for blush or MSFs.
smiles.gif
I like to use Lillium and then put Albatross over it.
ANY of the liquid highlighters are yum in my book.
smiles.gif

I didn't see any of them there and I made a mistake in my other post, I meant all they had was gladiola which was far too orange for me, I wish wish wish they had peony in a box as I would have bought 2/3 of them!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Thanks
smiles.gif

I'm back from the sale now and have done quite well considering I only spent £37 quid.

I didn't get any convertible colours as they only had gerbera, poppy and camelia and gerbera looked too orange for my skin. They had peony which was unboxed and the container was scratched and it had been swatched many times, I would have bought it if it was unswatched. I've just seen some swatches of gerbera on karlasugar now and it still looks like it wouldn't suit me.

Anyway, I did manage to get a purple smudgepot for £1.50.

I'm going to do a blog entry about my whole experience
smiles.gif

Sounds awesome!! I really wanted to go to the sale, but I had a friend visiting from overseas. Ah well. Next time there's a big makeup sale on in London we should have a Specktra meetup
yes.gif
. We can tag team to scout out the best deals
tong.gif
Sounds like you did well though!

LeeleeBell

Smudgepots are awesome!!
thmbup.gif
I just bought Kitten e/s the other day and OMG...I want to use it every day lol. I *love* it.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Sounds awesome!! I really wanted to go to the sale, but I had a friend visiting from overseas. Ah well. Next time there's a big makeup sale on in London we should have a Specktra meetup
yes.gif
. We can tag team to scout out the best deals
tong.gif
Sounds like you did well though!

lol.gif
@tag team, we really should but sample sales are so rare in London, boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeleeBell
Smudgepots are awesome!!
thmbup.gif
I just bought Kitten e/s the other day and OMG...I want to use it every day lol. I *love* it.

I bought the Kitten palette from ebay for about £10.00 all in and the actual kitten shade had been untouched, I am loving it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrael
I think I may prefer Stila smudge pots over MAC's fluidlines!

I only have BB gel liners as they were the first ones I bought and if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I still havent worked up the guts to use my Stila smudgepots, I think the name is putting me off because I suck at doing a smudgey eye and my mind wont realise that I can just use it as liner.

Sorry for the lack of any apostrophes in this message, my apostrophe button is being really funny, whenever I press it, it goes to quickfind
th_dunno.gif

peachesxsan

I agree with the convertible colors: gerbera and petunia are absolute faves and colors that can't be easily duplicated
Kitten eyeshadow is a must as well as its their most popular shade
I would try one of the lipglazes, it is after all the original click tube lipgloss
i heard their smudgepots are good but I've never tried one

cno64

I couldn't manage without the following Stila products:
Eyeshadows:
Cloud - shimmery light-to-medium grayed taupe; great lid shade with MAC French Grey
Slate - shimmery medium dove gray; it could be more pigmented, but it's still lovely
Ebony - dense deep matte black; I use it to set my MAC Blacktrack liner, and it stays on better than MAC Carbon
Grace - lovely medium shimmery mauve/brown/taupe; a good stand-in for MAC Style Snob
Lipstains(Lip Rouges):
Beam - bright fuchsia pink, with maybe a few purple molecules; it's easy to apply with the marker style applicator and stays on very well, but it tends to dry out rather quickly
Pout - deep blue red; gorgeous color, but you have to smooth this one out, with a damp finger or sponge, immediately upon application, or you can easily get the dreaded "clown mouth" look.

Latest posts