Stila Must Haves

hawaii02

I am still fairly new to Stila myself but the Jeweled lipstain from Barbie is one of my favorite pink shades.

SmokeSignal16

Okay I have to share this!!! Okay so Stila put out these new waterproof eyeliners, and I am skeptical cause the kajals I do like but smudge like hell on me so I have to layer it so it will stay on. But anyways I swatched these and not only are the colors gorgeous but the staying power is fantastic!! I swatched them then after like not even a minute I went to run my finger on top, did not budge at all! Even makeup remover took a try or 2 to get them off. I bought every one except the green since green eyeliner I have enough of and I wouldn't wear it all that often.

cno64

Does anyone have any swatches of or thoughts on Stila Viola eyeshadow?
th_worship.gif

I've developed a serious lemming for that one!

RedRibbon

Hey guys,

I've had my Stila stuff for quite some time now so I thought I'd let you know how I got on with them.

If you want to see photos then you can find them on my blog under the "stila" label.

I have the noire eyeshadow quad which is fabulously pigmented, even on WOC skin and without a primer. It has a light pink shadow which is the best pink shadow I have ever used. The colours are not matte and I would advise using them for nights out instead of work, the black is glittery and looks great when you smoke it out.

I have the kajal eye pencils in Topaz and Amethyst. Topaz is a nice nudey colour and Amethyst is purple. They are the creamiest mofos I have ever used, Topaz takes a bit of getting used to as you can lay it on too thick but I didn't have that problem with Amethyst because it's easier to smudge a darker colour into your lashes. I'd recommend them to anyone...my only regret is not getting a pencil in Onyx when I had the change..still, there is always Ebay or trips to America..

I have smudgepots in jade, purple and black. I have only used jade and it caused me issues. Not because it is a crap product but because I didn't know how best to use it but now I've figured it out, you can use it as a cream liner and smudge it out or as a liner..a Bobbi Brown type eyeliner brush works best. I haven't used the purple or black yet as I'm working through my Bobbi Brown dark liners.

I have lipglazes in mocha and melon mint. Mocha smells really funny, you know like raw cocoa powder? Like that. It also tastes the same. They go on very sheer so if you have pigmented lips, you may need a lippy under it. I don't think I would buy these again as they are quite sticky. They do however, last ages and the brush isn't messy.

I have a tester of the powder highlighter. I use this quite a bit and I find it works best with fingers as it's pretty light. It would work better on lighter skins as I have to use a fair bit on my skintone.

SUMM3RxBABii

I am a noob in Stila as well.
The other week, I went to Nordstrom's Rack and picked up the Cheek Color pan in Cream. It's an absolute gorgeous color!

hil34

I got a ton of stila eyeshadow pans for only about seven dollars from nordstrom rack last month. Now I have a full a full eight pan palette and another shadow I'm going to put in a palette once I get more colors
smiles.gif
the one I just got is called starlight and it is GOREGOUS!!!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil34
I got a ton of stila eyeshadow pans for only about seven dollars from nordstrom rack last month.

What a break!
I'm kind of envious, because I've recently discovered Stila shadows, and they are gorgeous.
I'm wearing Tone today, and it is the absolutely perfect matte neutral plum. It really makes my green eyes pop.
I also love Viola, which to me is a deeper version of MAC's beautiful Hypnotizing.
Other Stila favorites are Grace, Cloud, and Slate.

lipglossdiaries

CC's in Gerbera and Petunia, lip glazes in Kitten, grapefruit and strawberry, smudge pots in any shade, and kitten eyeshadow of course!
I've heard that the matte bronzing powder is great too.

Fluffyloo

Kitten e/s
Lip Glaze (metal tube)
Complete Coverage was the greatest foundation ever made....couldn't believe they discontinued it!

WumpsQuill

Ooo...you guys are making me want to try a million other Stila products. I have always loved the Lip Glazes (not too sticky, but sticky enough that there's a little better staying power). And lately I've been really into One Step Bronze. Anyone try the Perfect and Correct foundation? I'd love to try it, but 44$ seems a bit pricey so I want to know if it's worth it.

martiangurll

I find color preference to be idiosyncratic, what I love may be meh for you, but as a general rule, I have yet to meet a Stila e/s that wasn't at least moderately pigmented (almost all are true to pan, what you see is what you get) very smooth buttery texture and easy to blend. I find almost any of their palettes to be very utilitarian, if the color scheme appeals to you, you will love it. So, while I can't recommend a specific palette because you would need to pick the colors you find work for you, I would say everyone should try a palette, that is what Stila does very, very well. I have not tried the huge palettes that look like color wheels, but if I ever find one at a discount, I will snap it up and I may even get one full price.

I have the Blanc and Noir palettes and they are great for travel, the shades are quite versatile.

I have never tried the convertible lip colors, I may do that soon.

I hate the clicky lip gloss pen thingies. Just not for me.

The smudge pots are definitely comparable to fluidlines, great gel liners that set with great staying power and no smudging at all for me, no flaking or fading. Color stays true to the one you see in the pot.