Stila Must Haves

BluEyeDoc

I recently bought the Taffy primer and while I hate to say it because I typically love Stila products, I think I actually really hate it. It's a good neutral color and it covers redness and evens the tone of the lid very well, but it dries down so fast that immediately after you put it on the lid you end up tugging on your skin and it's really unpleasant. I tried with a flat brush initially and then my finger thinking the warmth of my hand might help, but I haven't had much luck. I will say that it does do a really nice job of preventing creasing, but I'd rather deal with creased shadow or just go back to other primers to prevent all the wrinkles I'm getting by tugging on my eyelids to blend that stuff.

cno64

ng6anr.jpg
You might give Grace a look. It may be more shimmery than your shadow, but it's a lovely warm brown, with mauve undertones.

TXBeautyBaby

Stila Stay All Day waterproof eyeliner!!! It is my all time favorite liquid liner and has the BEST tip for easy application, Ive tried a few others but I just stopped buying other liquid liners because this one is so good!

shades of blue

Hello. Those of you who wear the Stila Powder Foundation, could you please share what shade you wear and then what shade you are in MAC or any other brand? I am trying to figure out what shade I might be in the Stila powder - I am about a NW 10 in MAC.

Thank you so much!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
For some reason, I've fallen totally in love with Stila's eye liners. I love all the formulas. They've become my new go-to.

BuickMackane

Cloud E/S - a shimmery light taupe. a lot cooler than other taupes I have.
Irma la Douce E/S - olive green! enough said :)

Both shadows are extremely pigmented and a dream to work with.

Hint blush - a light nude colour that pulls ever so slightly pink on me. Beautiful everyday blush, practically idiot-proof (which is one of the reasons I love it. lol). It's quite a light colour so I don't know if it would show on darker skintones.

I'm not sure if Stila still makes these shades but they regularly crop up on places like Strawberrynet and Evilbay.

fabulousmoolah

I love that they put out Valentine's Day edition blushes. I'm a sucker for anything with hearts and anything holiday themed.

tiffabutt

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I just took advantage of the 25% off sale Stila is having online. I don't think I have any Stila in my stash right now. Whoo! I bought a convertible color in peony and the all day liquid eyeliner in snow and I'm very excited about them! Did anyone else get anything for this sale?

sagehen

I just grabbed a little palette called Not So Nude (I think) and I was very satisfied with it. I love Stila's neutrals.

Maris Crane

Sheer Color TM.
In the Light/Naturaleyes palette. It's the first palette I've ever hit pan on :)
Prime Pot in Taffy.
Single eyeshadow in Puppy.

DILLIGAF

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.
I cannot recommend these enough. The color selection is insane, and unlike my beloved UD eyeliners they don't need to be sharpened!!!!!!

Jumping Mice

My favorite Stila product is my HG smudgestick in Stingray. It's the darkest and most opaque black eyeliner I've used, it goes on smoothly and it stays on all day. I like their lip glazes too and I love the sets, but I personally wouldn't pay full price for them mostly because the sets and sales are a better deal. I don't like Stila's mascaras, I've tried several and I'm just never amazed by them. I don't mind that the ones I've used are very wet formulas but they just don't do anything that a mediocre drugstore mascara can't do. Does anyone know when the semi-annual Warehouse sale is happening? I know it happens around June but I have not read anything about it anywhere.

pandorablack

Smudge stick eyeliner in Stingray.

Colorbalm lipstick in Ali and Valentina.

I also love love love the palettes/gift sets I bought around the holidays. I bought ALL the holiday collections from 2013. At the time I had like no makeup and was rebuilding my stash from nothing. Now I have eyeshadow in virtually every shade.

neferten21

LOVE the Stila stay all day liquid liners! Now that they have expanded their color range, I am in heaven! The black is super dark, non-glossy and stays on my crazy oily lids!