Strawberrynet still sells fakes!

panda0410

^^Ditto on the perfume, and its not a new occurrance. Chanel Coco Madamoiselle being the most counterfeited, followed by other chanel perfumes, many have been being counterfeited for years. Juicy couture is also a heavily counterfeited fragrance, there are really more than you can poke a stick at. It makes ebay and other discount sites a real risk
ssad.gif

tacobelle88

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^Ditto on the perfume, and its not a new occurrance. Chanel Coco Madamoiselle being the most counterfeited, followed by other chanel perfumes, many have been being counterfeited for years. Juicy couture is also a heavily counterfeited fragrance, there are really more than you can poke a stick at. It makes ebay and other discount sites a real risk
ssad.gif

shockt.gif
wow i didnt even know that! i guess its best to buy at their concept stores or department stores to be on the safe side cause you never know.....
ssad.gif

panda0410

Um yeah, fake perfumes not really a new concept and there was probably fake perfume before there was fake cosmetics, but makeup is cheaper, probably has a higher turnover because of that, and therefore a larger profit margin for counterfeiters. Fake perfumes have been known to contain urine from several sources
puke.gif
so be careful if you are buying off ebay. Generally take care when looking at listings for *anything* Chanel - in fact just don't buy Chanel off ebay period, D&G (esp Light Blue - heavily counterfeited!!), Juicy Couture, Vera Wang Princess (have personally seen this!), Armani Code, Creed (some), Ralph Lauren, JPG, Dior Jadore (heavily counterfeited), um there are so many others......

rockin

The only perfume I've bought on ebay is Ghost Sheer Summer (Ltd edition), in a plain brown 'tester' box. I hope that's not fake, too - I haven't used it yet.

I remember many years ago, when I was a child, seeing perfume being sold out of a suitcase on street corners when we visited London. Even then (I'm 44 now) my parents told me they were likely fakes. I didn't hear much about fake cosmetics then, but I do remember there being a problem with eyeshadow palettes being sold in the markets that contained dangerous substances (mostly lead, I think)

marusia

I can only imagine how much a jar of pigment costs to MAKE since if you google it, it can exported from China for 80 cents a jar...and that's after they tack on their costs!

lucym1

sorry to randomly bring up this thread again... i hadn't looked at it in awhile... but the saga goes on unfortunately. After like 2 weeks when I didn't hear anything from SNet they sent me this email:

Quote:
Dear Lucy,

First of all please let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We have received your emails regarding the MAC products that you received from us and we have been doing some detailed checking into your enquiry.

We stand by our guarantee that we sell only 100% genuine products. We only source from reputable suppliers and every shipment that we take delivery of undergoes numerous and thorough checks before being allowed into our warehouse. In the previous 12 months we have bought MAC products fro counters in the UK, France and Canada and they were all the same as the product that we sent to you so it does appear to us that there are regular differences in the packaging.

As we are committed to good customer service, we would be happy to process a refund for you for the value of your order. We would also appreciate it if you could send the products that you received back to us via registered mail so that we can investigate further. Please attach a copy of the shipping receipt once you have done this so that we can reimburse you for the trouble.

We do apologise that you''ve had an unhappy experience with us but we do re-emphasise that we only source and sell 100% genuine products.

Please don''t hesitate to get in touch again if you any further queries or questions.

Yours sincerely,
Isabelle Mckenzie
Customer Services Supervisor

But since then I have heard nothing from them. I still think they're fkn dodgy, especially saying that "all the packaging looks like that" yeah... because it's all fake perhaps?

Anyway I can predict that once they get back to me they will say its been more than 14 days since I received the items, therefore no refund. What a crock...

panda0410

This is the standard response form most big etailers, to admit they sold a fake is to admit liability - and they wont do that. The name of the game is to deny, deny, deny. I would just do a bloody chargeback if you paid with a credit card, let them eat the expense for selling you counterfeits!!

lucym1

was informed by paypal today that I have received a refund for my entire order (which included 2 other things)
hooray! still don't buy mac from there but at least i got my money back... and 2 free products haha

Honeylust27

I have bought heaps of stuff from StrawberryNet in the past - Nars, etc...

But this was the first time I saw MAC on their website. Guess who is the dumbass who bought 5 eyeshadows from them?????

Now - the packaging is perfect - I have looked up stuff online to spot the fakes and compared it to the MAC I bought at a MAC store and it looks perfect. The only thing I am worried about is the colours!!! They appear to be different to swatches I have seen online....

I am not %100 sure if they are fake!!! I am too scared to use them in case they are. The only reason I think they might be is because of the colours.

thmbdn.gif

I have emailed them asking them to ensure me that they sold me a genuine product, then I am off to a MAC store to compare. I also emailed MAC and asked them what I should do. It really pisses me off when people sell fake MAC - if these are in fact fake.

Any suggestions?????

rockin

Hi Honeylust27,

Are you able to post some photos on here of both the shadows and their boxes?

Honeylust27

Hi rockin - I could do - not sure how my camera will go - but could give it a good try.

I have done a bit more research on the packaging and found that the fakes are getting better and better - I think I may have been duped.

I have depotted one and the pan was smooth - so I though it was all genuine...but I dunno, I just have this feeling.......

Colours don't look the same as online swatches.

Will try to post some pics now.

Honeylust27

Aaaaarrrgghh. Can't seem to get good photos...I have a good camera but the writing on the boxes just isn't clear.

I haven't taken pics of make up before. Any tips???

marusia

Yes. You need to take "MACRO" shots of them. There should be a button somewhere on your camera (mine is on top), and it should look like a flower. Click it before you shoot, and it will zoom into the fine details.
smiles.gif

marusia

Also, don't judge by swatches, your computer lighting could be off. There's a sticky thread that shows how much it can be off...it's quite a bit! HTH

lucym1

I will depot mine and tell you if they are smooth. This could be a challenge as i have never depotted before but at least i'll be screwing up fakes hahha

Also, don't panic too much, You can get a refund hopefully, just might take awhile

Honeylust27

UPDATE -

Hi all -

Just thought I would update you all on the fake stuff I bought from StrawberryNet.

I took the products to a MAC store and showed the staff and we compared them. Some of the colours were pretty close!!!! which is scary because people may believe they have bought the genuine product. Some were way off in colour - and the staff said that they were very good fakes - but fakes. The packaging was also a little off on comparison with the packaging in the store - weird printing and colours and stuff.

So I basically emailed StrawberryNet this:

To whom it may concern,

I have already sent you a message regarding this matter.

I received products from you, which I believe are counterfeit mac cosmetics. I have been to Mac store and shown the cosmetics you sent me to the staff and they have confirmed that the products are not genuine Mac items. The colours do not match and there are also some slight differences in the packaging.

As I paid a lot of money, believing that I was buying genuine Mac products, I am requesting that you refund my money. I am aware that Strawberry net has sold counterfeit Mac items in the past and has refunded those customers. I have no hesitation in taking the matter further, I refuse to send the products back as I will need them for evidence.

I can take this matter to consumer affairs if a refund is not given.

And I got this reply:

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry for the delay in replying.

We source from several different markets around the world, so products have slight variations due to differences in the country of manufacturer or sale. We guarantee all our products are 100% genuine.

As a goodwill gesture, we will submit the refund for order no. ********** to your Credit Card immediately. Please understand that credit card companies tend to take longer to show a credit than they do a charge. The credit will normally take at least 1 to 2 weeks to be posted to your credit card account.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again.

So it looks semi promising. Fingers crossed!!

marusia

"We source from several different markets around the world, so products have slight variations due to differences in the country of manufacturer or sale. We guarantee all our products are 100% genuine."

*cough cough-bullshit-cough* Everyone says that to cover their butt. *rolls eyes*. At least you're getting your money back though!
th_DANCE.gif

Almost black.

I purchased few stuff from SNet like Shiseido, Gatineau, Anna Sui, Elizabeth Arden and I haven't noticed there's anything wrong with those stuff.

I've read before that they were selling fake MAC and stopped with selling MAC after that was discovered but seems they're back in business with that.
greengrin.gif
Anyway, I don't buy MAC online unless I'm 100% sure it's okay.
smiles.gif

Of course, you never know, but, what can you do if you don't have a MAC store near you?

Latest posts