Strawberrynet still sells fakes!

marusia

You can buy online? Oh, you're in Croatia. That makes it a bit tricky. I'd just stick with the trusted sellers in the threads on here.
smiles.gif

kimmietrinh

Gosh, from what should be a reputable etailer, that's wrong. If you got caught once, you're more likely to get caught again! I thought about ordering non-MAC items from there before.

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
You can buy online? Oh, you're in Croatia. That makes it a bit tricky. I'd just stick with the trusted sellers in the threads on here.
smiles.gif

Yeah, it is a bit tricky and that's why I purchased most of my MAC itemst here on Specktra.
smiles.gif

kenoki

This is all good to know. I've ordered from them in the past (Chanel blush, l/g and e/s, Chantecaille l/s and e/s, Dior l/g and Sisley e/s) and it was all real and appeared fresh (or at least not bad). So I can at least confirm those were authentic. But I'll stay away from MAC... and maybe everything else from now on! Glad to hear they came through with refunds, though!

MissMagicBite

I've only purchased perfume from Strawberrynet. But that was many many years ago. They where all authentic. But there are so much better places to shop than Strawberrynet. Would nerver buy anything from them again
ssad.gif
(

lucym1

I'm glad they are refunding you too. I was thinking maybe you had got lucky and got some real items but obviously not. Love how they call giving you a refund a "goodwill gesture" .... what a joke! Spread the word ladies!

Edit: also the pans on mine were smooth. Forgot to mention that haha

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
Yeah, it is a bit tricky and that's why I purchased most of my MAC itemst here on Specktra.
smiles.gif

You can always ask one of us US girls to CP you. I do it at exact cost. (I order from MAC all the time, like 3x a week, I can just throw it in there.)
smiles.gif

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucym1
BEWARE! I purchased 2 mac eyeshadows from strawberrynet recently and using the guides on here, they are fake. Please don't buy from there... what a waste of money.
ssad.gif

That's a shame. I am sorry that happened to you. I always had very good experiences with them but then again I don't buy MAC from them

Hi ladies- anyone purchased mac lipstick from strawberrynet lately? I bought the overrich glaze lipstick and the packaging looks identical but the product isn't nice. It doesn't apply smoothly at all. Do you think it could be fake or old?Or are all glazes like that? My others are lustres and Satins so I can't compare.

Thanks!!

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_nat_88
Hi ladies- anyone purchased mac lipstick from strawberrynet lately? I bought the overrich glaze lipstick and the packaging looks identical but the product isn't nice. It doesn't apply smoothly at all. Do you think it could be fake or old?Or are all glazes like that? My others are lustres and Satins so I can't compare.

Thanks!!

I have not and will not ever buy from there. I can tell you however that overrich DOES have counterfeits out there. If you'd like the current list of counterfeit lipsticks, shoot me a pm and I'll send it to you.

I'd ask for a refund.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
I have not and will not ever buy from there. I can tell you however that overrich DOES have counterfeits out there. If you'd like the current list of counterfeit lipsticks, shoot me a pm and I'll send it to you.

I'd ask for a refund.

Have you ever seen a Bobbi Brown fake? I just ordered a Shimmerbrick from Strawberrynet. It was an Asia exclusive that was released recently (like in the last 1-2 weeks) and now this thread has me really paranoid...

marusia

Chanel has a lot of fakes, Bobbi Brown has a lot of fakes, Perfumes/Colognes have a lot of fakes, Lancome, MAC, just about any desirable "high end" brand has been faked. If you google "______ wholesale", You'll find dozens of sites in China and other countries making fakes. Anything like that can and has been faked.
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Chanel has a lot of fakes, Bobbi Brown has a lot of fakes, Perfumes/Colognes have a lot of fakes, Lancome, MAC, just about any desirable "high end" brand has been faked. If you google "______ wholesale", You'll find dozens of sites in China and other countries making fakes. Anything like that can and has been faked.
ssad.gif

Thanks! I Googled "fake Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick" and nothing turned up, however I did see a lot of sites for fake Bobbi brushes. I would just think that a Shimmerbrick would be hard to fake because it would look so obvious and of the companies that make similar products (Physicians Formula, Milani, Body Shop) none of them remotely look like a Shimmerbrick.

Anyway, has anyone purchased anything other than fake MAC at Strawberrynet?

user79

I purchased some hair products from Matrix there and a perfume and it was all real. I know because I used to buy the same stuff in salons and the smells, texture, feel everything is identical. So I had a good experience personally.

reesesilverstar

Well I haven't purchased anything from them, but I was interested in the BB nectar shimmer brick. So I figured why not check out some blogs and happened across one that had a picture of it, and purchased from them. Her shimmerbrick looks different from the others I'd seen online. Not that the colors seemed different, but how the product was baked - rough edges instead of the smooth ones from other blogs that I had seen. Hopefully the pics explain.

From www.lipglossiping.com (I think she got duped and it's a fake
ssad.gif
)

bobbi-brown-shimmerbrick-nectar-web.jpg

From Pursebuzz.com
20100203-regyweux8bx7c24rpitaphj6j4.jpg

From makeupandbeautyblog.com:
Bobbi-Brown-Cabana-Corals-Nectar-Shimmer-Brick.jpg

Se how rough the first one is and the other 2 are smooth, raised and look baked?

I dunno, but I'm skeptical about this site now.

GlamourLove

I'm about to order some MAC from strawberrynet but unsure...Does anyone know if their blushes are fake? would love to hear from someone who has purchased a MAC blush from strawberrynet.

I have one mac blush from them and i've compared it to the MAC blushes i bought from the counter and it looks legit but i can't be too sure, what should i be looking out for in blushes for signs of authenticity?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
Well I haven't purchased anything from them, but I was interested in the BB nectar shimmer brick. So I figured why not check out some blogs and happened across one that had a picture of it, and purchased from them. Her shimmerbrick looks different from the others I'd seen online. Not that the colors seemed different, but how the product was baked - rough edges instead of the smooth ones from other blogs that I had seen. Hopefully the pics explain.

From www.lipglossiping.com (I think she got duped and it's a fake
ssad.gif
)

bobbi-brown-shimmerbrick-nectar-web.jpg

From Pursebuzz.com
20100203-regyweux8bx7c24rpitaphj6j4.jpg

From makeupandbeautyblog.com:
Bobbi-Brown-Cabana-Corals-Nectar-Shimmer-Brick.jpg

Se how rough the first one is and the other 2 are smooth, raised and look baked?

I dunno, but I'm skeptical about this site now.

Honestly, that just looks like a slightly off Shimmerbrick. Not fake, but just not completely right, which might explain why Strawberrynet has them in the first place. Also, I have several Shimmerbricks (10) and more than a few of them have those "crumbly" edges. Most were bought by me at counters and CCOs. The Shimmerbrick I do have from Strawberrynet (the Pink Oyster Asia Exclusive) has smooth edges but the brick is slanted slightly in the compact (like turn a square to the right by 2 degrees). I said all of that to say that I don't think it's fake. I think it's just the nature of products that are manufactured in unconventional ways (mineralized products included).

reesesilverstar

It's not just the rough edges tho. It doesn't have that glazed look... I mean all I'm going off of is the pictures. And so far I'm not convinced.