Tarina Tarantino

fingie

I got my Sephora catalog thing in the mail the other day and was intrigued by a pink lippie the model was supposedly wearing but they don't tell u what the damn name of the lippie was. Ugh. Maybe when I have more time I will do some investigating to try n figure it out... I wish I had a Sephora that was closer so I could see her products in person first, though.

thezander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingie
I got my Sephora catalog thing in the mail the other day and was intrigued by a pink lippie the model was supposedly wearing but they don't tell u what the damn name of the lippie was. Ugh. Maybe when I have more time I will do some investigating to try n figure it out... I wish I had a Sephora that was closer so I could see her products in person first, though.

Check out the Tarina section of Sephora's site. They have 4 "looks" in the "Get the Look" section, I bet the promo photo is one of those.

mirauk

oh how do i miss Sephora
ssad.gif

sucks that it isn't in the uk...

shatteredshards

When did a bunch of crystals glued on plastic entitle the ingredients of the actual products to go unlisted?

I don't get the hype. At all. The idea is it's supposed to be makeup as an accessory, but really, if the name were not on the package, most people would look at you like you've grown a second head when you pull it out of your purse, because it looks rather childish and tacky. Pink and crystals can be done in a fabulous-looking way, but this reminds me more of a 13-year-old who puts stick-on jewels all over her first cell phone.

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezander
Check out the Tarina section of Sephora's site. They have 4 "looks" in the "Get the Look" section, I bet the promo photo is one of those.

Thanks! I didn't see the option to change the look it showed you but I found it
smiles.gif

Babylard

i was also wondering what the lippie on that hot pink headed lady with the tiara thingy was wearing D:

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
When did a bunch of crystals glued on plastic entitle the ingredients of the actual products to go unlisted?

I don't get the hype. At all. The idea is it's supposed to be makeup as an accessory, but really, if the name were not on the package, most people would look at you like you've grown a second head when you pull it out of your purse, because it looks rather childish and tacky. Pink and crystals can be done in a fabulous-looking way, but this reminds me more of a 13-year-old who puts stick-on jewels all over her first cell phone.

In some people's eyes, they look at crystals as tacky and over the top. For other people it isn't that way. Most people who have stepped into a Swarovski store in any upscale mall wouldn't call that.

If a stranger is going to judge me negatively because I have a sparkly pink makeup compact I wouldn't worry about what someone like that thinks. Makeup packaging is for fun, it is not an extension of me or anyone else.
th_DANCE.gif

The eyeliner has been getting good reviews- I can't wait to see them in person. Anyone know if it's out at Sephora Times Square yet?

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i was also wondering what the lippie on that hot pink headed lady with the tiara thingy was wearing D:

That is a cool color, I didn't even notice it because I was distracted by her hair and eye makeup. Hopefully it is true to life.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
In some people's eyes, they look at crystals as tacky and over the top. For other people it isn't that way. Most people who have stepped into a Swarovski store in any upscale mall wouldn't call that.

On that note, I live insanely close to the Mall of America, which does, in fact, have a Swarovski store. I also wear Swarovski crystal bead bracelets that I make.

I still think the packaging is tacky, though.
ssad.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

So they launched Tarina Tarantino at my local Sephora today! But they closed it due to weather
ssad.gif
I could even see the unit from the window. I want to touch ittttttttttttttttt I wanted to cry!!

xoleaxo

i saw the eyeliners at my sephora the other day.. they definitely live up to the hype! the staying power is much better than urban decay's 24/7 liners. i had to SCRUB with the cotton pad & makeup remover in the store to get it off.. and even then you could still faintly see them. great colors, too.. UD was sold out of covet so i got tarina's spark of envy liner.

Mabelle

i set up the gondola for tarina the other day. i must say i was impressed, and i expected it to be total crap. the shadows are uber pigmented (5% more than mufe shadows apparently). the blushes and a dollskin powder are so soft and velvelty feeling. Beware the powder foundation runs a bit yellow. The pearl primer is DELISH! i want it soooo bad! The lipsticks loook like they might be a touch sheer, but are very conditioning. I havent played with the whole line, but i was very suprised with the high quality of the prodcuts.

i still hate the packaging. i think it looks cheap as hell, even though all the crystals are hand laid.

shatteredshards

I'm actually waiting to see what Grey of Gothique says - she was invited by her local Sephora to come in for a swatchfest at the store with employees, but her initial review of what she bought amounted to "I'm disappointed, this stuff is poor quality."

Mabelle

really? i thought thats what my reaction would be... but i was impressed.
granted, i only swatched on my hand.
All the powders are uber soft

Mabelle

well. i wouldnt say everything was dissapointing. I don't like the lip products at all, but the shadows are fairly nice, and i really like the primer!!
one of the girls was raving about the mascara

kabuki_KILLER

I never thought something like this was up my alley, but I want quite a bit from her collection...maybe save up for it.

I really liked her pressed powders and cheek colors. I wish I had found out about her peridot pressed powder before I bought the green powder I have. It neutralizes redness, but I use such products for combatting that orangey coral that happens when I put some foundations on.

The pencils were good, but nothing I can't live without. I liked her eyeshadows as well (kind of reminds me of the shape of the packaging for Urban Decay Deluxe shadows), but no colors I couldn't find for cheaper elsewhere.

Her lip glosses and lipsticks were cute and non-sticky.

I really wish I could afford all of the stuff haha.