Tarina Tarantino

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
well. i wouldnt say everything was dissapointing.

That's why I said "According to her, almost everything she tried out with the employee was disappointing."
winks.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I saw it yesterday! I am suprised, the little compacts look so much better in my opinion! I'm not really feeling the drawn bow on some of the products, and hate how the lipsticks and glosses look though.

I got a sample of the Primer, can't wait to try it! Maybe I'll get a shadow sometime too.
greengrin.gif
Much cuter than expected, and the products themselves seemed alot better than I expected too!

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
That's why I said "According to her, almost everything she tried out with the employee was disappointing."
winks.gif

don't worry, i know it was her opinion that you were reiterating!

who is this girl btw?

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
don't worry, i know it was her opinion that you were reiterating!

who is this girl btw?

I think she's one of the more well-known familiar-with-indie-makeup beauty bloggers, biggest claim to fame probably being that her honest review of Lime Crime lipsticks resulted in huge BS legal threats from Doe Deere/Xenia.

LionQueen

I picked up Trinket eyeshadow, which is sort of a soft matte gray with some sparkle, because I love gray eyeshadow and nice light grays are hard to find - there are a million charcoal grays, but a nice soft cloud gray? Not easy to find. Sadly, I'm somewhat disappointed, and doubt I'll purchase again. It looks lovely in the pan, and on the lid at first (I used UDPP as a base), but the sparkles dont show up very well at all, and the color itself seems to sort of fade off - I could see my lid color through it, even though I tried to pack it on.. it was really strange. That's not the worst part though - my eye watered a little and a bit of the wetness got on my lid - and the shadow color immediately got twice as dark! I had to try to wipe it off with a makeup wipe and reapply, and of course it never looked quite the same. I experimented a bit, and happened again - any wetness turns Trinket into a really dark gray, which.... really sucks. One eye was fine, but the other eye, because it watered just a little, ended up with a few dark gray bits on the lid, where the shadow had gotten wet. I only have a couple other shadows that do this, and I never reach for them. I mean, they're your EYES - there's a possibility they're going to water a little. How can I wear an eyeshadow that's going to turn color the minute it gets damp?

It's a shame, cos the color itself is nice, it's a color I dont have anything close to a dupe of, but the formula needs work :/

xKiKix

i only brought her cream eyeshadow, the purple one, and i have to say that for the price it's 19 but you get more than a paint pot. it doesnt crease, and it's totally buildable without smudging the previous layer, given that you applied a primer first.

i will definitely be trying out her eyeshadows next, or maybe lips.

Jaim

I like the products a lot. The shadows work best when you really press them onto the skin, rather than swiping them. They can be a bit tricky because a lot of them are almost a matte formulation, but with glittery particles in them. I find the products grow on me more and more every time I look at them! The Pearlglow primer is amazing if you like a radiant glow to your skin!

MACPixie

I was really impressed with this stuff! I only picked up a blush in Parasol and got a sample of the primer but I fell in love with the blushes and liners. Also the glitter spray stuff with the vintage looking perfume pump is GORGEOUS (but $51 CAD), I just don't wear glitter. The eyeshadows were really pretty and nicely pigmented, nothing too unique but pretty. Really liked the cream shadows too. Will definitely be buying more!!

DILLIGAF

They were setting this up yesterday when I went to my local Sephora. Maybe I will look at this again on Friday.

astronaut

I checked out the line and it's not bad. The eyeshadows' texture is pigmented but powdery kind of like NARS but not as powdery. Not really my favorite texture for eyeshadow. I like the packaging! I saw the cream shadows and I think you get a lot for $19. Then there's the primer and I bet anyone would look radiant and gorgeous with it on! The product I fell in love with was the pure shimmer and the glitter that comes out of the atomizer. I love glitter so I was at awe! I didn't get anything though because I'm trying to save my monies :p

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i was also wondering what the lippie on that hot pink headed lady with the tiara thingy was wearing D:

It does tell you the name of the color is Pom Pom, but they changed the saturation in the picture so much that its not true to life. You're better off using Showroom lipstick with My Pretty gloss over top of it to get that color.

Also, I like the primer a lot. I have to fake a glow so thats the kind of primer I need. I've been able to match up almost every color of hers to Urban Decay though so I was a little miffed about that. The liners do hold up pretty well, but in order from best to last goes. 1. Make Up Forever 2. Tarina Tarantino 3. Urban Decay

glowingface

is there a swatch thread for this brand? I have some swatches and would like to post them in the appropriate thread..

NappyMACDiva3

I love the primer but have not tried anything else since I have an overload of makeup. Most new lines are coming out with colors I have already so no need to buy the same color in another brand. The cream shadows are nice though...

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowingface
is there a swatch thread for this brand? I have some swatches and would like to post them in the appropriate thread..

I don't think there is a thread yet so you could post them here. The mods will probably make a TT swatch thread after there are several swatch pics to put together

Leigh-Cheri

Aw man, I'm wary about trying this brand. The packaging really turns me off. Looks like toy makeup... especially the products coming out soon.

hil34

I got the pink eyeliner and it's really nice for brightening your eyes in the inner corner. Really creamy too!
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

I got the set of brushes and guys, they are amazing! The big blush brush is sooo soft and perfect. It doesn't hurt that the handles are pink either. Totally worth it.

nebbish

I agree with those who've said the packaging looks cheap. I mean, I've seen her jewelry designs and I think she could've done a much better job.
I haven't seen the line at my Sephora [but then again, I didn't really spend a lot of time looking last time I was in -- Just at Toki Doki XD] but I'm anxious to check out the colors just cos they look nice.