Thanks for the $900, Hello Kitty here I come.

~Crystal~

I have a MASSIVE HELP debt... and it will be much more massive by the time I graduate (another 4 years to go... woo hoo), so hopefully it won't matter too much...

darn old universities being so much harder to get into and costing so much more than everyone else!

On a happier note- I managed to sign up for the Hello Kitty launch at DJs city (chatswood was booked out... so was myer) so I'm looking forward to seeing everything on the 12th! I'm afraid to use my Strayin' lippie atm in case I don't like the colour... soo I plan to play with it there first before I come home to use my own one
greengrin.gif
If I don't... I guess I'll just hold onto it for awhile...

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
I have a MASSIVE HELP debt... and it will be much more massive by the time I graduate (another 4 years to go... woo hoo), so hopefully it won't matter too much...

darn old universities being so much harder to get into and costing so much more than everyone else!

On a happier note- I managed to sign up for the Hello Kitty launch at DJs city (chatswood was booked out... so was myer) so I'm looking forward to seeing everything on the 12th! I'm afraid to use my Strayin' lippie atm in case I don't like the colour... soo I plan to play with it there first before I come home to use my own one
greengrin.gif

ohhh im going to the chatswood one, we could have bumped into each other!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
I'm afraid to use my Strayin' lippie atm in case I don't like the colour... soo I plan to play with it there first before I come home to use my own one
greengrin.gif

That's what I am planning to do.. I will try all the testers and if I don't like any of my HK lippies (already got them CP'd), they will be on ebay 6 months later
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

I don't even know if I'll get it
ssad.gif

I've been naughty and didn't lodge a tax return (excluding youth allowance i earnt like $800 and paid $8 in tax, it confused me so much i just said stuff it lol). But i think if you lodge a tax return for 07/08 by june 30 you can still get it if you meet the criteria.

I actually rang about it and the lady confused me more, supposedly if (letters on tax return) A+O-G= more than $o you're eligible :S that made no sense to me lol (having a dumb blonde moment.

~Crystal~

I was really confused about that too! I had no O or G on my notice because of how little I did earn... so in total i guess my A > $0.. but that's because my other categories were non-existant!

billy_cakes

My brother got his mid last week and went out and brought a new tv and blu ray dvd player. I was planning to save mine but seeing people go out and just blow it makes me want to
ssad.gif

darkorchid

^^ Well its kind of the point of the stimulus - it won't do any good for the economy if we don't spend it, so don't think of it as 'blowing it'
smiles.gif
I am seeing all these articles about students planning on going overseas with it and stuff...I mean, yeah that's great - for them - but it's not going to help stimulate the economy and help us in regards to a recession.
Mine is going to the RTA and to a birthday weekend in the GC!

Edit: Just more on the student thing, it's actually really bad that some are planning on going overseas with it, because when the recession hits, they are the ones who won't be able to get a job, fresh out of uni. Hopefully they will think about it more before spending the stimulus offshore :S

billy_cakes

I know saving it technically "bad" but i just cant help looking at it like omg its $900! having said that...the mac counter would be very fun with $900 under the belt

Paramnesia

I feel the same, I'm a saver. I'm not good at spending money lol. Though I feel if I get it I have to spend it, it's not free money to do what we want with, it's meant to be spent to boost our economy.

darkorchid

Ahh $900 at MAC would be sooo sweet. It would feel very naughty to walk out with such a large spend. Imagine if prices were the actual equivalent to US prices ! How much more would we be able to get with it then!!!

*_* Ahhh a girl can dream...

billy_cakes

*wipes drool from chin* $900 at mac would be nice. Sometimes when im bored i go online to the mac store and "spend" $500 and i look at it all the the shopping basket and then get depressed because its not that much
ssad.gif

However, i would like to get some empty palettes with some of the rudd money. but even then that makes my money going overseas because i dont even want to know how much they cost here

panda0410

Awww.... well I'm not sure about the whole thing.... I have as many kids as my sister and she will get the payment for 3 of them, I get it for ONE of my kids. I'm not whinging, just seems the way the whole thing was managed wasnt so good.....

jrm

Because I apparently 'earn too much' (yeah great, it all disappears into tax anyways) ... I get nuffin' .. personally I think it stinks.

simplyenchantin

Lol, Jenna, if you're earning that much over 100k so much that the $900 is reduced to $0, as far as the government is concerned you don't need it compared to families who earn half that and have a bunch of school kids. Seems fair enough to me *shrug*.

darkorchid

It's started already but I think they are going through families and stuff first at the moment. Should see it around April.

I agree with Simplyenchantin - if you earn 100k , you don't need it as badly as others :S I'd love to give some of mine back to my parents - they are struggling with two mortgages at the moment and my dad lost his job so it's only my mom supporting them, but I have a bit of debt so I'm not sure if I can :S

Latest posts