The Real Housewives of Atlanta

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I remember reading somewhere that Kieth Sweat wouldn't sign the release forms. So that's why the other 2 kids aren't on the show. Something about how he didn't know how the family was going to be portrayed so he didn't want to expose them.

Yeah, this is what she said on Essence.com. She had to let the older boys stay with him until the filming was over.

MiCHiE

Here is an excerpt regarding the Keith Sweat/Lisa Wu/children involved situation:

Ron Poag (a close associate and friend of Keith Sweat) wanted to make it clear that Keith Sweat is a great father who was granted full custody of his two boys, Jordan, 13, and Justin, 11. He declined to discuss why Wu lost custody of her sons. “Mr. Sweat doesn’t wish to speak negatively about his ex-wife. He respects her as the mother of his children,” said Poag. “He’s a great father, he loves his children. They are his life. He wakes them up every morning, irons their clothes, takes them to school and picks them up every evening,” said Poag.

“[Wu] gets the boys every other weekend. She picks them up at 6 PM on Friday and returns them to Mr. Sweat at 6 PM on Sunday.”

In a posting on her website, Wu said Bravo arranged its shooting schedule around the boys’ visits.

The full story can be found here

TISH1124

Ok here is the BIO's I read regarding the cast...which are not so bad...But I saw none of this on the show...NONE!! It seems if they just went by what their bios read they may have been portrayed as role models...versus..
1-hoodrat, 1-unbeweavable, 1-gold-digger, 1-materialistic and 1-ghetto-fabulous

The five women who will be featured in The Real Housewives of Atlanta's season -- and their Bravo-released bios -- will be:

DeShawn Snow -- Snow and her husband Eric, captain of the Cleveland Cavaliers, recently moved to their dream home in Alpharetta, GA. Mother to three boys: nine-year-old EJ, six-year-old Darius and five-year-old Jarren, Snow is an active member of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. She exercises her faith by running The DeShawn Snow Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on improving self-esteem in teenage girls. She is a regular on the Atlanta social circuit and extremely active in local philanthropy, sitting on the board of three different charities, all while expertly juggling her busy social calendar with being an NBA wife and keeping up with her boys.

Kim Zolciak -- Zolciak lives in an exclusive gated townhouse community in Duluth, GA with her two children, 11-year-old Brielle and six-year-old Ariana. Zolciak is single, but happily dating with hopes to marry again in the near future. She also has her sights set on fame in the music business as a country singer, and is currently working with Grammy award-winning mega-producer Dallas Austin and will begin recording an album later this year. A staple on the Atlanta scene, Zolciak balances life as a single mom with a vivacious social life.

Lisa Wu Hartwell -- Hartwell, a resident of a luxurious country club community in Duluth, GA, is a busy career woman who wears many hats - she owns her own real estate firm, Hartwell & Associates, a jewelry line called Wu Girls, a baby clothing line, Hart 2 Hart Baby, and juggles a budding acting, modeling and writing career. She's a devoted wife to her husband, NFL player Ed Hartwell, and their three children 13-year-old Jordan, ten-year-old Justin and one-year-old EJ. When she's not running one of her many businesses or running after the kids, Hartwell is very active in Atlanta's social scene.

NeNe Leakes -- Leakes is an active member of Atlanta society. She resides in the upscale Sugarloaf area of Atlanta with her husband Gregg, a successful real estate investor and business consultant, and their two sons, 18-year-old Brice and nine-year-old Brentt. Leakes donates her time to various foundations and is the founder of The Twisted Hearts Foundation, which brings awareness to domestic violence against women. Never one to sit still, the outspoken social butterfly also hopes to open a luxury boutique hotel in the very near future.

Sheree Whitfield -- Single socialite Whitfield, a resident of the exclusive Sandy Springs area of Atlanta, juggles her busy home life with a packed social calendar. She is a busy working mother to three children -Tierra, Kairo and Kaleigh. Whitfield prides herself on her fashion sense, and owned her own upscale clothing boutique - Bella Azul - for years before closing up shop to focus on her next business venture, a clothing line called "She by Sheree." Whitfield is opening a new chapter in her life as a single mom while balancing her entrepreneurial spirit and active social life.

aleksis210

I like how sheree said she wouldn't put nene and fashion in the same sentence....umm yeah someone's jealous because I like all the outfits nene was wearing, sheree thinks because her clothes are expensive they are fashionable...lol. Aren't they supposed to be friends?

pinklips1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
What the fuck is wrong with Kim's hair, wig, whatever? she needs to invest in a good cosmetologist.

i'm LMAO!!! and eye-brows gots to go!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
I like how sheree said she wouldn't put nene and fashion in the same sentence....umm yeah someone's jealous because I like all the outfits nene was wearing, sheree thinks because her clothes are expensive they are fashionable...lol. Aren't they supposed to be friends?

I agree. I think while NeNe is not entouraging it up at Phipps, she still beat Sheree (at her own party) with a quite understated number. The only issue I had with NeNe's whole look was I felt she was taken by her MA because that makeup was not "fierce" at all. She really could've done better, IMO.

mtrimier

now i have to check this out...and add "fuckery" to my vocabulary more often...

okay, as much as NeNe tickles me, not plugging in the tv for this show. more of the same to me.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I agree. I think while NeNe is not entouraging it up at Phipps, she still beat Sheree (at her own party) with a quite understated number. The only issue I had with NeNe's whole look was I felt she was taken by her MA because that makeup was not "fierce" at all. She really could've done better, IMO.

LoL, it looked like one color....I was thinking, I wonder how much she pays her makeup artist... because it was just 'okay'...i thought it was cute how excited she got though...
smiles.gif

couturesista

"Eyelashes, POW, Lipgloss Boom", I was laughing so hard when she was doing her commentary and she said, "don't talk shit about me, don't t do that, don't talk shit about me" she was SERIOUS!

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
The difference between this cast and the previous casts are that the previous cast worked! All the women on The OC had careers, hell most of them made more than their husbands. They showed their wealth but they showed alot of family issues, like death, teaching their kids to work, divorce and starting over. I guess we have to give Atlanta Housewives the chance to show another side of themselves but for right now this is not the biz, entertaining yes, but not a good "reality".

Exactly!!

This season just aggravates me already. The only one that can really be "aspired" to is Lisa, cause she works, and she works hard.
All these women talk about is what they are wearing, and who their husband is. That one trick the last episode was mad because the assistant "didnt Google her". Um ok.
It would have been nice to i guess in a way see a little bit more independence on some of the womans part. Like, If i saw these woman, going off to their jobs, then hitting the big partys another time, and doing something with their chilren, then at another time driving to all the high end stores in their expensive cars then i think i would want to watch.
But when all i see is one who wants a "7 figure settlement so she can maintain her current lifestyle, if not better" and another who has this "Big Poppa". I mean COME ON!!!!!!

miss_primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Nene is also my fav. She just seems genuine. Sheree thinks she's the shit and so does Kim, when really, they both look like men. LOL. Lisa is pretty, but I don't really have an opinion about her. Deshawn just needs to be brought down to earth.

I totally agree with your post. Nene is my favorite. Lisa and her husband come off as too perfect...or they are trying to hard to be in my opinion.

benzito_714

i have been getting into the recent episodes because of the non-profit work some of the ladies are involved in (this is my course of study for my master's) and let me tell you...
this show has shown me that there are definitely two sides to the non-profit world-service and showmanship. i was taken aback at how some of the fundraising/networking galas are just venues for rich folks to flaunt their wealth-some not even caring or familiar with what service the non-profit offers. they just want to go the galas to show off their new $10,000 dress.
th_confused_new.gif
trying not get discouraged!
nope.gif

jaclynashley

This show is just another "blah show" to me.
I'll watch it but if I miss an episode I won't care.
Did anyone notice Kim's 11 year old daughters make-up at her birthday party?
It looked like that girl just poured a whole jar of 3D Silver on her eyes.
I cringed at the thought of that glitter scratching her eye.
Kim bugs me the most I don't know why but she does.
The rest of the cast I'm alright with because it is TV and most of their actions are for views.

TDoll

As a resident of Atlanta...let me just say that our city is not happy about this...lol.

It is really cool to watch the show though because I've been to or recognize all the places and neighborhoods. It's cool to see a show that takes place where you live. But the women are kinda um, silly. Like some others have said...in Atlanta, while we do have nice places to shop and swanky neighborhoods (that I DONT live in btw...lol) it's not exactly the "norm" or "real" to be married to an NBA player or living in a "divorce settlement" home. They were all on a local radio station morning show not too long ago responding to their negative reaction by the people around here and they were ridiculous talking about how they justify their lifestyles. While some of these women do have a lot on their plates and are really involved in the community or are NBA wives, it was hilarious how some of them explained that they earned this lifestyle through a bad marriage or painful divorce. lol...yeah, them and thousands of other women.

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
Did anyone notice Kim's 11 year old daughters make-up at her birthday party?
It looked like that girl just poured a whole jar of 3D Silver on her eyes.

I noticed this too! She definitely didn't look 11 to me!