This just in: Price increase 2009

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranwic
Quote:

Originally Posted by sambibabe
Welcome to my world! We are paying $22 for a lipglass in Australia and the store I go to sold out all of Dazzleglasses.

spacer.gif

Oh if only sambibabe!! Don't you mean $34 a Lipglass? Its insane over here in oz. I was checking out the palettes from this years holiday collection...$85?? How can they raise the price on that?! The things you do for love.
th_rolleye0014.gif

$34 Aussie dollars = $22 US dollars. Coverted that for easy comparison.
winks.gif

spectrolite

This sucks. It's not just MAC, lots of other goods and services are going up in price. My rent went up a few weeks ago, and now even my precious MAC is jumping on the bandwagon. The economy is going to hell, we get it!! Why should we have to suffer even more though?? They should be lowering prices to encourage us to buy more with what little money we do have for luxuries
angry.gif

LP_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
HA, so funny. I have a friend like that, she doesn't like stuff that's inexpensive.

And really, what difference is another dollar here and there going to make to everyone? Probably all brands will raise their prices, even drugstore brands. It's not even that the price is going up, but the value of the American dollar is going down. It doesn't make sense to get all angry at a single company for trying to keep up with the failing economy.

Ummm... heck of a difference when you buy like 10+ items a month. If every single thing you bought in a month increased by $1 (including food and energy bills), it would be like an extra $500-$1000 a month. I think that makes a difference. What if MAC increase their prices by say, another dollar/pound in 6 months time? The price varies from country to country as it is, so I think we're well within our rights to be pissed that things that we've already had to cut back on because of the failing economy, is going to cost us even more. I'm not sure I can sacrifice anymore 'luxuries' in order to continue to buy MAC, so yes, an extra dollar/pound here and there is going to make a massive difference. I'm afraid I don't have a money tree in my back garden.

ginger9

Justified increase or not, this is a bad time to be increasing prices. The economy is going into a full blown recession, jobs cuts have already started and will unfortunately continue. People's purchasing power will be reduced further, increasing prices will likely do more harm than good for EL.

jaclynashley

Uggh this sucks!
I'm a teenager with a very low income!
And Hello Kitty comes out next year so it's going to be over $30 for two lipglasses or lipsticks?!?
Well think of it this way buy EVERYTHING you want from the permanent collection and you won't feel as bad because the price increase coming.
This is a bad time to higher prices...

Obama please make sure in your term as president you make a law that will disable MAC from raising prices ever again!!!!!! Im pretty much done with my e/s collection...Anye/s i purchase now a days for about a year now has only been becuz i like the packaging....so thank God im not building my traincase now.

cubachinita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
Obama please make sure in your term as president you make a law that will disable MAC from raising prices ever again!!!!!!

Agree!!!
th_LMAO.gif

MAC_Fafinette14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Justified increase or not, this is a bad time to be increasing prices. The economy is going into a full blown recession, job cuts have already started and will unfortunately continue. People's purchasing power will be reduced further, increasing prices will likely do more harm than good for EL.

Agreed. I don't have that much spending money to begin with, so to buy MAC is a luxury in itself for me. But with another rise in price, it'll mean that by the time I save up enough for more than one item from an LE collection, the collection will be long gone. How utterly unfair...
weeping.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeXedPiNk
I certainly do not think the price increases are justified either, however I know that I am not going to boycott MAC products. Be more aware of my purchases? Yes. Explore other brands? Yes. Still purchase my HG MAC items, regardless of price? Also, yes.

iagree.gif
I'll still buy it, but I don't have to like the increase.

ClaireAvril

That's what these companies do.. they know they have people hooked.. so they are very confident that even though the price has gone up people will still buy. And most people will continue to buy.

AudreyNicole

MAC and I are on a break anyway, but this will make it easier for me to stay away. It pains me to say it, but I have reached a point in collecting that I am content. I will still go back to MAC for my HGs like Studio Fix Fluid and Blacktrack, but I have come to the point where I don't feel the need or want to spend my money on *everything* with a MAC logo. Price increase or not, I will still buy the things I need and love, but at the same time, I will think twice about spending money that I don't have on things that just aren't special, even if it is just an extra 50 cents.

OfficerJenny

If it's only the products that weren't raised earlier this year, what's the big deal? Every company raises their prices, some even do it twice a year. At least MAC separates it and does some products early, and others later.

Now if they were increasing things they already increased, I would be pissed.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
we just got our list. i know sharpeners are going up to $5 (wtf), mineralize skinfinish natural will be $26, and satinfinish will be $27 or $28 (i forget). i only skimmed the list so i cant remember if anything that just went up, went up again or if its just the remaining items that did not increase the last time. sorry ladies =(

Sharpeners for $5? WTF is right. I actually think $3.50 is kind of pushing it.

MACPixie

Ugh, this will definitely cause me to back off MAC even more than I already have been. It's hard enough to justify buying it when I have tuition and school bills to pay and an increase makes it that much harder.

Face2Mac

MAC had better make more CCO's because that is the only place I will be buying the stuff. I mean think about:

Blushes are $18 and Nars Blushes are $25 but that packaging is amazing and IMO the quality is better plus Sephora had a 20% that made them $20, so I stocked up.

I will give you the e/s but MUFE is quickly becoming a favorite of mine and at $18 you get more product but you have to store them in Ben Nye palette and if Ben Nye starts making more colors they will put MAC out of business.

You know, the more I think about it, how can Ben Nye make eyes for 6-7 dollars that have the same or better quality than MAC what because they don't have stores. Whatever.

snowflakelashes

That's them the breaks, Guess I'll order afew Love-nectars when I get my december bonus, I know i'll go through those before they expire easily and if I KNOW i have lots I'll probably wear it everyday.

If it was E/S then I was going to plan to spend my entire bonus on shadows to stock up since I'm trying to build up my variety in my e/s collection.
smiles.gif