• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tinted Lip Balm * EASY & NO MESS *

cyens

This is my first tutorial, I hope you guys like it.

OK after I read this thread: http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25584
I experiemented with lip balm and my samples.

So this is what you need:
A keddle to boil water
a small and bigger bowl
a brand new, never used Bobbypin.
Mac Pigments ( make sure its lips safe )
Lipblam or Lipgloss ( I used N.Y.C ) ( I recomend using a brand new jar )
alcool
a small spoon

Step one:
Heat up the water and remove from fire before it boils ( when you start seing steam ).

Meanwhile the water is heating up, clean the spoon with alcool and put pigments on top of the lip balm in the jar, about 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon depending on your tastes. I used 1/4. Its about 0.5 cm evenly on top of the lip balm.
429266.jpeg

When the water is ready pour a small quantity in the small bowl, enough to cover until below the lid of the jar. Screw tighly back the lid on the jar, place in water for about 5 minutes, until the lipbalm is a rich cream like liquid. Place a larger bowl on top if you want to keep the heat in.
429269.jpeg

Meanwhile, unfold your bobbypin and clean it with alcool.

Remove the jar from the water, use your Bobbypin to mix evenly, it takes about 3 - 5 min to mix evenly. If it doesnt mix well, leave your jar 5 more minutes, it need to be realy creamy and you see the pigments sinking in as you mix-it.

When its done it looks like this:
429268.jpeg

on your lips it looks like this:
429267.jpeg

you can put more or less pigments and even glitters in it depending on the effect you want to achieve and your tastes.

I wanted a subtile glow in this one.

BTW I used Melon mac pigments in these pictures.

I hope you guys apreciated my first tutorial!!!

8)

Caderas

oh, this looks easy!! i've seen it done with rose pigment too and both are so pretty... i'm defenitely going to have to give this a try. good job!!--

Julie

Thanks for doing this tutorial! I will definitely be making my own piggie lip balm now.

cyens

I'm happy you guys like my tutorial

If someone make a mix with other colors, I would like to see how it looks like too

About the "lip safety" Im just making sure people are safe...

I took a picture of my other mix for fun, its coral something, the second word got errased...

429474.jpeg

429470.jpeg

cyens

Yes it prolly works with just vaseline, you need a jar though. But its the same thing.

But using ready made you get the jar, a nice smell and taste too.

Brianne

I used a creamsicle lip balm I hardly touched and mixed in Goldenaire pigment. Holy prettiness Batman! And it was SO easy!

I am going to get some cheapo lip balms so I can do this with more pigments.
smiles.gif

banana

Neat! Thanks for the tutorial. How do you find the taste/texture of the NYC balm? I don't want to waste pigment on a lipblam I don't like. :)

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlucesco
What a great method! I want to try that with my rose pigment now.
greengrin.gif

I think I'm going to do it with rose tooo!!!

inbigtrouble

I did this yesterday with rose and it turned out beautifully! You are right, it is so easy. If I have the time/energy after work tonight, I'll post a picture of the result.

Only downside:I hunted all over Duane Reade for a lip gloss that I thought I'd like. They did not have the NYC gloss in a pot, alas, or much else, for that matter. So, I grabbed the only thing I could find: Jordana. It has some kind of pretty horrid, overly-sweet coconut flavor.

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbigtrouble
I did this yesterday with rose and it turned out beautifully! You are right, it is so easy. If I have the time/energy after work tonight, I'll post a picture of the result.

Only downside:I hunted all over Duane Reade for a lip gloss that I thought I'd like. They did not have the NYC gloss in a pot, alas, or much else, for that matter. So, I grabbed the only thing I could find: Jordana. It has some kind of pretty horrid, overly-sweet coconut flavor.

Please please please post a pic!!! I'm thinking of doing it but I only have a rose sample so I'd like to see it before I lose it!!

user2

Soo I did my first one too:

CIMG2502.JPG

I had some leftovers in the jar added some vaseline and Rose, Ruby Red, Goldenaire and Pink Pearl pigments!

Latest posts