To my Desi/South Asian sisters out there! And everyone else too, actually! :)

nai

Hello. I'm NC35. Southeast asian.

The best bronzer by far that i've tried is cargo bronzer in medium. It's not too dark. MAC's mineralize powder in warmed is similar to it. for the JLo glow look I use belightful above the bronzer. works perfect everytime and i don't need blush.

I hardly ever line my waterline. Sometimes if i go out at night i do but never in the day. it's too harsh.

all colors work perfect on my dark brown eyes. although i noticed the best to accentuate them are greens and purples. my faves are pigments in olive green and violet.

for lips. mine r pigmented so i only need gloss to polish up my lips. lots of days i can just wear chapstick and be on my way.

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhayah15
no its way too concentrated to put all over your face...i use it more like a highlight...i use a small blush brush or a buffer brush and put a TINY bit on the lid and tap it on my cheeks and blend it up the sides towards my temples...also put a small bit on your nose and blend it towards your cheeks...sometimes i put some on my jawline too which defines it more but i mostly put it on my cheeks and nose!...cant live without it!
drools.gif

Ok, now you've quite convinced me, I must try this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Now lastly, eye shadows! The same can be said with eye shadows. Its good to try out new colors than to sticking to the norm. A lot of you suggest good colors but the thing is to take those colors and use them differently each time. Browns are always going to look good but how about taking those brown shadows and using blue with them? Or pink?

Hope that helps my friend!

Yeah, I'm working on blending in more unconventional colors, but it's hard to break out of the habit of browns and pinks! Baby steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpa
orgasm is a blush by nars not a brozer so you wouldn't want to put that all over.... taj mahal by nars is a really pretty blush on darker skintones coppertone by mac is another blush i adore

Well no wonder I thought it was too light, it's a blush! Haha, I'm such a nerd... :nerd:

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjdes
The one look I'm dying to nail is a soft pink-grey eye and light lips, inspired by the Indian actress Rani Mukherjee in some old Titan watch ads . Couldn't find any pictures, just this video on YouTube YouTube - Rani Mukherjee in Titan Watches I think she looks fab. Any ideas on products?

K well I know this isn't spot on her look, but is this somewhat close? I could make it in the pinkish brown she's sporting and show it to you if you want... let me know.
yes.gif

th_P1020065.jpg

mindlessgapgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteGoodness

Then I went to Sephora and tried out Nars' bronzer in Orgasm. It was way too pink and I think I'd have to use a lot for it to even show up. Couple that with the price, and yeah, it didn't take long for me to walk away.

Orgasm is actually a blush, not a bronzer. That may have been why you didn't get the results you wanted
smiles.gif
I think that it sounds like you want a bit of glow but not much colour - in that case, I agree with the person who suggested MAC's Warmed MSF. It won't look super obvious but it gives a nice sheen to make your skin look glowy and healthy.

mimibrowneyes

Rani Mukherjee is gorgeous! jus watched that clip- an i love the lips. i'm looking for a really good nude lipstick for south asian NC30/35 skin? my lips are kinda pigmented already, plummy-pink kinda colour. has anyone tried the lip erase from macpro? i'm thinkin of getting it.

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimibrowneyes
Rani Mukherjee is gorgeous! jus watched that clip- an i love the lips. i'm looking for a really good nude lipstick for south asian NC30/35 skin? my lips are kinda pigmented already, plummy-pink kinda colour. has anyone tried the lip erase from macpro? i'm thinkin of getting it.

Have you tried L'Oreal's Colour Riche's Aishwarya's Beige? It's a great nude lip color with a touch of pink. I also have slightly pigmented lips, and that color looks great on me... haven't tried out too many MAC lipsticks/glosses though, so I don't know which ones of theirs would look good...

Abhayah15

ive been thinking about getting strobe cream cause ive heard so many good things about it but does it give the same subtle glow on nc42 as it would on light shades?

shabdebaz

I'm Indian...I have gone from being an NC30 to currently NC42. I have tanned quite a bit from going on a couple of vacations.

My staples are: Smolder eye kohl (the more the better), Blacktrack fluidline, a good eye lash curler and mascara, Improper Copper Cream Colour Base and Matte Bronzer from MAC.

Besides this, for blush colours my faves are Plum Foolery and Sunbasque. I also like Pink Swoon for a brighter look. Eyeshadow colours are basically limitless. Same goes for lips. I think the only colour that doesn't look that great on Indian skin is light mauvy pinks, like Politely Pink or Pervette. I think ALL of the Viva Glams look great on Indians, depending on what liner you wear with it.

A great everyday nude lipstick is Spirit with either Spice, Hover, or Beurre lipliner. Pair that with Viva Glam V gloss...beautiful!

shabdebaz

P.S. A new strobe product is coming out soon (keep your eye out for it). It gives a GREAT glow/highlight on NC42!

sitasati

My favorite nude is Jubilee with Sinamon l/g on top ..and mac lip prime as a base ..and spice as a lipliner lol. Soooooooooooo many things needed to achieve a perfect nude. ::
sigh.gif
::

DirtyPlum

I'm South Asian too, thanks for posting the thread!

I'm an NC40-42 and would second what Shabdebaz has said about Spirit and VG5 ...and also Blacktrack and Smolder...

The mineralize skinfinishes Light Flush and Warmed are a must have and Love Nectar gloss is beautiful!!

Here are some other recs:

Lipsticks:
nudes - viva glam 2,Hug Me, Cherish, Jubilee, spirit, hlaf n half, sparks can fly, kinda sexy
pink - feel so fine, creme de la femme, sweetie, lovelorn, intimate
plum/purple ish - up the amp, plumful, syrup, craving, budding lust
red/coral - profusion, vegas volt, russian red, viva glam 1
browny pinks - fast play, twig

Lipglass/plush:
nudes - Viva glam V, VI, lust, bare truth
peachy/golden - love nectar, big baby, pink lemonade
coral - lychee luxe (LOVE IT)
pinks - perfectly pink, full on lust, pink poodle, ample pink (a must)

Blushes
Breath of plum, plum foolery, margin, prism, harmony, dame, honour, peachykeen, fleur power... i could go on!!

Do any of you actually work for MAC? I do...

LatteGoodness

I see a lot of you (big surprise lol) love eye liner... I know you're not supposed to, but do any of ya'll still use MAC's fluidlines to line your lower inner rims? I talked to a MAC mua and she told me that although they suggest you don't, many people still do it... Also, I've heard good things about Stile Smudge Pots and how you can tightline with them. Thoughts?
hmm.gif

faifai

Hi, I'm from Bangladesh and NC45.

For eyes, I like wearing black eyeliner. Liquid liner for the upper eyelid and creme eyeliner for the lower waterline. Like you, I look really weird if I line outside the lower waterline. It has to be ON the waterline to look normal. I like using Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof liquid liner on the top lid and L'Oreal's HIP Color Truth creme eyeliner in black on the lower lid. It's the blackest black creme eyeliner ever, and lasts much longer than Blacktrack Fluidline! Plus it's way cheaper and you get more product, since it's nearly always on BOGOF at Walgreen's or CVS.

Curling your eyelashes is very important, since most desi people have long but very straight eyelashes. Then wear a lengthening, waterproof mascara for maximum oomph. I like Maybelline Volum Express Turbo Boost waterproof mascara.

As for bronzers, I think they look good, and I usually prefer wearing bronzer to wearing blush. I like L'oreal HIP Vibrant Shimmer bronzing powder in Glowing. It gives a nice glow without being glittery, and doesn't look "dirty" on my skin.

As for lips, I prefer mostly sheer reds and pinks in gloss form. I think lipstick is too hard to maintain so I prefer more low-maintenance stuff. VS Beauty Rush lipglosses are lovely.

If you look at any of my FOTDs, you can get a better idea of what kinds of colors I wear - some colors are definitely more flattering than others. I usually tend to be pretty neutral, but that''s only because I'm too lazy to do colorful looks.
greengrin.gif

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteGoodness
I see a lot of you (big surprise lol) love eye liner... I know you're not supposed to, but do any of ya'll still use MAC's fluidlines to line your lower inner rims? I talked to a MAC mua and she told me that although they suggest you don't, many people still do it... Also, I've heard good things about Stile Smudge Pots and how you can tightline with them. Thoughts?
hmm.gif

I've used blacktrack on my lower lash line, I see no problem with doing that. But don't use it on your waterline, I wouldn't recommend it.

I own a couple of Stila smudge pots, they are similar to fluidlines, but I think fluidlines are a notch better than the smudge pots. The color payoff seems better to me (or maybe I am just partial to MAC
cutey.gif
).

Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I'm South Asian too, thanks for posting the thread!

I'm an NC40-42 and would second what Shabdebaz has said about Spirit and VG5 ...and also Blacktrack and Smolder...

The mineralize skinfinishes Light Flush and Warmed are a must have and Love Nectar gloss is beautiful!!

Here are some other recs:

Lipsticks:
nudes - viva glam 2,Hug Me, Cherish, Jubilee, spirit, hlaf n half, sparks can fly, kinda sexy
pink - feel so fine, creme de la femme, sweetie, lovelorn, intimate
plum/purple ish - up the amp, plumful, syrup, craving, budding lust
red/coral - profusion, vegas volt, russian red, viva glam 1
browny pinks - fast play, twig

Lipglass/plush:
nudes - Viva glam V, VI, lust, bare truth
peachy/golden - love nectar, big baby, pink lemonade
coral - lychee luxe (LOVE IT)
pinks - perfectly pink, full on lust, pink poodle, ample pink (a must)

Blushes
Breath of plum, plum foolery, margin, prism, harmony, dame, honour, peachykeen, fleur power... i could go on!!

Any good MAC peach lipsticks for NC42 skintone?

Debbie

I'm Vietnamese, with light skin...and have had trouble with bronzers because anything that goes on looks like a blob of mess.

My routine these days after my foundation, I apply a medium tan foundation (which is really dark for me) on the contour area of my cheeks with a blush contour brush. I then use a 182 buffer brush, and dip it in Bare Escentuals "Bare Radiance" all over face color, tap it, and buff it on my sun areas (forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks (blending over the contour I created earlier). Then with a blush brush, I lightly tap it into a Bare Escentuals All over Face color (I use clear radiance) to sweep over what I just did with the Bare Radiance. If I want more pink, I'll apply a hint of "Kiss" from Bare Escentuals.

I found that Bare Escentuals All over Colors are buildable, and could be as subtle or dramatic as you like. Check it out next time you're at Sephora or UlTA.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable
Any good MAC peach lipsticks for NC42 skintone?

Try See Sheer, Kinda Sexy (but with Spice lipliner), Exhibitionist, Ramblin Rose, Vegas Volt, and pair any of them with Love nectar gloss or Lychee Luxe gloss...

shabdebaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum

Me too! And I loved all of your recommendations! You had a lot of my faves/staples in there.

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimibrowneyes
has anyone tried the lip erase from macpro? i'm thinkin of getting it.

Just got it in the mail today (cuz the Pro Store has been sold out for over a month now) ... I'm gonna try it tonite and see how it is. I got it in Dim.

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
For eyes, I like wearing black eyeliner. Liquid liner for the upper eyelid and creme eyeliner for the lower waterline. Like you, I look really weird if I line outside the lower waterline. It has to be ON the waterline to look normal. I like using Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof liquid liner on the top lid and L'Oreal's HIP Color Truth creme eyeliner in black on the lower lid. It's the blackest black creme eyeliner ever, and lasts much longer than Blacktrack Fluidline! Plus it's way cheaper and you get more product, since it's nearly always on BOGOF at Walgreen's or CVS.

I got all excited yesterday and bought L'Oreal's HIP Color Truth cream eyeliner. Less than impressed with the liner brush it comes with, but that doesn't matter as I'm gonna use my SmashBox eyeliner brush instead.
smiles.gif
Will let ya'll know how it turns out, got a puja to go to this weekend!
th_DANCE.gif

Latest posts