Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

patentg33k

Everyone's saying those cream blushes don't have much pigment. I've been using Blush Gilt almost every day lately, which doesn't have much pigment either but it does have a lot of glow. So maybe I would still like those blush duos.

I really need Temptalia to finish her comprehensive review of the new powder blushes. Definitely going to be looking at a few of those!

awickedshape

Everyone's saying those cream blushes don't have much pigment. I've been using Blush Gilt almost every day lately, which doesn't have much pigment either but it does have a lot of glow. So maybe I would still like those blush duos.

I really need Temptalia to finish her comprehensive review of the new powder blushes. Definitely going to be looking at a few of those!

They just look so sheer! Can you test them in person?

I'm trying to steer clear of developing interest in blushes lol

awickedshape

I'm trying to be good, but darn it if I don't want Tantalize and Impulse...I know it's TF, but I think they miscalculated the price to offer. If it was lower, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

Oh, I think they'll only keep going up with the pricing lol they're gonna get the sales

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Oh, I think they'll only keep going up with the pricing lol they're gonna get the sales

Maybe. But I've seen this feedback all over the place about this particular product. Even typically starry-eyed bloggers are questioning whether the lip duos are worth the price point. Good knows TF can charge a bunch and still sell, but I think in this instance, they overshot.

Winthrop44

Maybe. But I've seen this feedback all over the place about this particular product. Even typically starry-eyed bloggers are questioning whether the lip duos are worth the price point. Good knows TF can charge a bunch and still sell, but I think in this instance, they overshot.

Like Lips & Boys it depends how you think about them. If you have a gazillion lipsticks and never use up a whole tube of anything, then you can look at these as a bargain -- two TF lipsticks for $30 each. You could even think of them as three if you want to count the mix as a third shade.

awickedshape

I wonder how it will play out for them, how the feedback will be. Gimmick or innovation?

Like Lips & Boys it depends how you think about them. If you have a gazillion lipsticks and never use up a whole tube of anything, then you can look at these as a bargain -- two TF lipsticks for $30 each. You could even think of them as three if you want to count the mix as a third shade.

Yes, I can definitely see it that way.
I thought it was an interesting approach.

GreenEyedAllie

OK. Very good point. I'm gonna continue with mine for the academic exercise and not to be argumentative. I (and given reviews, I think a lot of others) would say the lips and boys are at the same level of quality as the full-size (usually). Plus, if you do the math, they are the better value. What I've read about the duos has the quality in question...wear time, lip
lines, etc without taking the preference of stick versus palette into account.

lipstickaddict

OK. Very good point. I'm gonna continue with mine for the academic exercise and not to be argumentative. I (and given reviews, I think a lot of others) would say the lips and boys are at the same level of quality as the full-size (usually). Plus, if you do the math, they are the better value. What I've read about the duos has the quality in question...wear time, lip

It will definitely be interesting to see how they perform. In all honesty, I feel a bit badly about splurging on them and the blush. They are even more expensive in Canada. It was a bit crazy, but I hope that I love them. The review by Beauty professor totally sold me on them:rolleyes:

Winthrop44

I hear you. That is all very logical. I just plain like them. :)