Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

lipstickaddict

I just saw a picture of the new Tf highlight duo posted on the Sephora discussion board. It's like bicoastal blush, but with two highlighters. Beautiful. I won't repost the pic here because it's Trendmood. But wowza.

MaryJane

I've been wearing the new Inhibition blush the last few days. Not really sure how I feel about it - it blends very nicely and looks natural on the skin but so do my Nars and Charlotte Tilbury blushes and they're less expensive. I think my problem is that the color isn't what I expected. I've seen a few reviews on You Tube where everyone raved about it and described it as a 'nude' color blush. It could be that everyone has a different idea of nude but, to me, this leans more brown/orange than truely nude. For the price, I expected to be wowed and so far I'm not.

GreenEyedAllie

It will definitely be interesting to see how they perform. In all honesty, I feel a bit badly about splurging on them and the blush. They are even more expensive in Canada. It was a bit crazy, but I hope that I love them. The review by Beauty professor totally sold me on them:rolleyes:
Don't feel bad! I'm sure you'll love them! They look great, and everything you buy looks lovely on you...I just can't justify quite that price for me...especially with the diaper budget getting ready to explode, lol.
I hear you. That is all very logical. I just plain like them. :)
Fair enough! They look beautiful, and I'm glad they work so well for you.
Um. I could be in trouble....summer always gets me, and that duo looks amazing. Hopefully, it'll be ugly or too dark or something...poor wallet.

lipstickaddict

Don't feel bad! I'm sure you'll love them! They look great, and everything you buy looks lovely on you...I just can't justify quite that price for me...especially with the diaper budget getting ready to explode, lol.

Um. I could be in trouble....summer always gets me, and that duo looks amazing. Hopefully, it'll be ugly or too dark or something...poor wallet.

Me too! I was hoping for a bit of a lull, but March is just around the corner! Too many beauties on the horizon. Poor wallet is right!

lipstickaddict

I've been wearing the new Inhibition blush the last few days. Not really sure how I feel about it - it blends very nicely and looks natural on the skin but so do my Nars and Charlotte Tilbury blushes and they're less expensive. I think my problem is that the color isn't what I expected. I've seen a few reviews on You Tube where everyone raved about it and described it as a 'nude' color blush. It could be that everyone has a different idea of nude but, to me, this leans more brown/orange than truely nude. For the price, I expected to be wowed and so far I'm not.

I'm still waiting for my inhibition blush to arrive but it's interesting to see how it swatches more pink on some skin tones. This is my first TF blush - I'm hoping I'm wowed!

awickedshape

One can only hope ;)

MaryJane

I'm still waiting for my inhibition blush to arrive but it's interesting to see how it swatches more pink on some skin tones. This is my first TF blush - I'm hoping I'm wowed!
I'm curious to see if you like it. The quality is great. It's definitely not pink on me. I was hoping it would be more tan/beige than brown.

Winthrop44

That's how the color looks on me too :( but since my skin reacts to the new formula I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

javadoo

I have it too...and I'm not sure I am in love with it either. It's pretty, but not spectacular. I'm on the fence about keeping it.
Now Gratuitous......that color is STUNNING and I am in love with it. It's shimmery and soft and perfect. I was hesitant to order it, but went ahead and did anyways and I am SO glad I did.

Winthrop44

Boy oh boy did that link ever take me down the winding rabbit hole :doh: She looks so beautiful in the Sublimate shade! So then I followed her Kjaer Weis link ...& ordered Blossoming blush LOL!

Anybody love the Kjaer Weis blushes???

Did you ever get your blush from them?

And to stay on topic, has anyone seen good swatches of Disclosure yet? Just curious.

Last edited:

Latest posts