Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

awickedshape

It's not you. She's currently experiencing tech issues with the blog and trying to fix it

Thats better than what I get. I just get a database error trying to establish the connection message.

Ah! I think I got that once but I refreshed the page and it partially loaded.
I had just done an update on my mobile so the timing made me wonder, even though pic-heavy pages were loading.
I saw she mentioned something on her IG story so I decided to ask about it.

awickedshape

Some good swatches and reviews here regarding Paradise Lust and Reflects Guilt. Apparently the rose gold shade in RF is a dead ringer for a shade in the new Nars highlight palette. Am still waiting for my TF goodies and the Nars palette to arrive, but will be interesting to compare them in person.

I meant RG, not RF. Oops! Hate that you can't edit any more

I was wondering about that!
I was comparing swatches because I can probably dupe the first two shades in BdS so Embruns was the one I was checking for.

I think I was able to edit yesterday or today! Weird.

patentg33k

Some good swatches and reviews here regarding Paradise Lust and Reflects Guilt. Apparently the rose gold shade in RF is a dead ringer for a shade in the new Nars highlight palette. Am still waiting for my TF goodies and the Nars palette to arrive, but will be interesting to compare them in person.

Well, that was helpful! I'm going to pass on Paradise Lust--if it leans orange, it's not for me. I have the Nars palette on the way (as well as Reflects Gilt). Thank you!

elegant-one

Well, that was helpful! I'm going to pass on Paradise Lust--if it leans orange, it's not for me. I have the Nars palette on the way (as well as Reflects Gilt). Thank you!

I loved Bicoastal too so I really want PL. The other swatch we saw of PL was beautiful pink coral. Who said it was on the orange side?

EDIT: Ok, I just looked at those swatches. I don't think that it looks orangey at all. It just looks pigmented pinky coral. It looks lovely.

Last edited:

patentg33k

I loved Bicoastal too so I really want PL. The other swatch we saw of PL was beautiful pink coral. Who said it was on the orange side?
This post on Beautytalk uses the word "orangey"--IDK. It looks beautiful. I think I can finally decide when Sabrina posts at Beauty Look Book
] Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 8.53.21 PM.png

GreenEyedAllie

I feel myself caving on the blush duo....I need to get Sabrina's thoughts first, though. I respect her opinion the most as long as I keep in mind she's generally very optimistic.

Icecaramellatte

I caved on Inhibition. I will get Gratuitous next. I think that is the plum color. It is nice. Just don't wear plum blushes much. I don't know why as I wear plum lip colors quite a bit. I just seem to always reach for a pink blush when I do.

javadoo

I caved on Inhibition. I will get Gratuitous next. I think that is the plum color. It is nice. Just don't wear plum blushes much. I don't know why as I wear plum lip colors quite a bit. I just seem to always reach for a pink blush when I do.

Gratuitous is really beautiful.

Winthrop44

I got my second Sun Worship and it is melted too. Are they all like this? Did anyone else get Sun Worship?
I got SW and yeah, I guess you could call it melted if what you mean is it's shifted to one side and sort of up around the top edges on the side it shifted to. That's the way all of my TF cream shadows have arrived though.

lipstickaddict

Oh, my dear...I needed to know what they are like. Do you love the shades? :)

Yes! I love both! When I first ordered, I was basing my choices off of the swatches on Really ree and these seemed to be the most pigmented which is what I wanted. Neotropic is definitely the most pigmented of the lot. It's quite bright actually and pulls more orange/coral on me. It's definitely hot. Cruising is not as bright, but has a warmth to it- it's a beautiful strawberry pink. Recently I saw a post on Instagram with l'Odissea, which looks really peachy and glorious. I ordered that one earlier today so I will have to report back. I can't speak to wear time but the formula seems lovely in terms of coverage and feel. Definitely Tf quality! And they are super cute!

Edit: What do you know! I can edit my posts on my laptop-just not on my phone

Last edited:

Latest posts