Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

I would buy it if it smells good. Although it is very limited distribution and $$$ (but everything tf is $$$ ). Can you imagine "oh you smell really nice what are you wearing" "fck fabulous"
hahahha
Fair enough, and that is funny. While I still like his products, I have a hard time seeing TF as anything but an asshole after I read an article about how he was mean and borderline emotionally abusive towards his young son over a pair of dinosaur shoes the child loved.

TraceyMc

I got my lips & girls lippie in Zoe , a really pretty colour , I'd say on my NC20 skintone it's a true opaque warm peach with the tiniest amount if silver glitter through it but it's hardly noticeable .

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at a counter today. The MA said they were waiting for the full size lipsticks and expected them in the next 2 weeks. She said other stores had more of the collection in. I think she said they had some of the new mini lipsticks in. She showed me the colors of the single eyeshadows in the book. She said they were limited edition and multiple textures. The mattes were the creamy matte type. She said none of the colors were repeats from palettes. Now here is where I don't quite remember what she said next but I think there may be some that look similar to an existing color but the formula or texture was different. I can't quite recall exactly. Any how. I believe she said they were $36. She said they had the packaging like the quads but were small and 6 could fit in your hand but that the pans were deep. There were a lot of shades too. I don't remember the number but over 20. She said they drop Black Friday. Also, there is shade extension on the foundations and concealers with more deeper shades. She also mentioned a few more pencil eye liner colors and more mascaras. I saw 3 of each in the picture. As far as the mascara, I don't know if there were more formulas or more colors. I forgot to ask about the Runway fragrance.

6 shadows in your hand? That sounds tiny but they don't look that way in pics.

Oh! and I asked about the discontinued brushes. She said she just came form update and there was no mention of it. She said the brushes were cult products! Hee Hee! I was thinking the same. Why would TF discontinue a money maker? Maybe they are just going to bring in synthetic in new brushes but not discontinue the old. Time will tell.

GreenEyedAllie

I stopped at a counter today. The MA said they were waiting for the full size lipsticks and expected them in the next 2 weeks. She said other stores had more of the collection in. I think she said they had some of the new mini lipsticks in. She showed me the colors of the single eyeshadows in the book. She said they were limited edition and multiple textures. The mattes were the creamy matte type. She said none of the colors were repeats from palettes. Now here is where I don't quite remember what she said next but I think there may be some that look similar to an existing color but the formula or texture was different. I can't quite recall exactly. Any how. I believe she said they were $36. She said they had the packaging like the quads but were small and 6 could fit in your hand but that the pans were deep. There were a lot of shades too. I don't remember the number but over 20. She said they drop Black Friday. Also, there is shade extension on the foundations and concealers with more deeper shades. She also mentioned a few more pencil eye liner colors and more mascaras. I saw 3 of each in the picture. As far as the mascara, I don't know if there were more formulas or more colors. I forgot to ask about the Runway fragrance.

6 shadows in your hand? That sounds tiny but they don't look that way in pics.

Oh! and I asked about the discontinued brushes. She said she just came form update and there was no mention of it. She said the brushes were cult products! Hee Hee! I was thinking the same. Why would TF discontinue a money maker? Maybe they are just going to bring in synthetic in new brushes but not discontinue the old. Time will tell.
Nice intel [MENTION=12810]Icecaramellatte[/MENTION]! Ty! I'm intrigued by the shadows....and my wallet is afraid, very afraid. :rofl:

awickedshape

So, I saw online that some of the Ultra Rich girls are dupes (like some of the "boys" were) eg Katherine/Revolve Around Me, Kyra/ Temptation Waits, Anne/Solar Affair, Leigh/Paradiso. Wonder if it's correct.
Two of those "girl" shades were on my list and I had considered buying the full size ones and halted lol what a coincidence.
I know some people don't like them but as someone who doesn't use lipstick every day I like having the option.
I'm hoping for some matte "girls" because I have about 6 minis and Ben is my favourite. I love it.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

So, I saw online that some of the Ultra Rich girls are dupes (like some of the "boys" were) eg Katherine/Revolve Around Me, Kyra/ Temptation Waits, Anne/Solar Affair, Leigh/Paradiso. Wonder if it's correct.
Two of those "girl" shades were on my list and I had considered buying the full size ones and halted lol what a coincidence.
I know some people don't like them but as someone who doesn't use lipstick every day I like having the option.
I'm hoping for some matte "girls" because I have about 6 minis and Ben is my favourite. I love it.
I'd believe it. Personally, I enjoy the Boys and Girls sizes...I'm much more likely to use them up/use them before they go bad, and they fit in my purse better.

Winthrop44

From Ree's swatches it may be Naked Ambition?

Instagram

Can't say I'm a fan of Ree's swatch of NA, so I guess I'll hope that's not it or that her swatch isn't accurate, but this pic of NA does look like Ree's swatch. Bautygypsy's tube pic looks more like a mauve nude on my monitor.

Last edited: