Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

What's happening in CA is so awful. Hard to imagine losing a whole winery as an owner, but losing your home as so many have would be even worse. So scary and sad.

As far as the mattes I'm wondering if Universal Appeal is really as brown as it's looked in swatches so far, and will be interested to hear what you think of Age of Consent, Perfect Kiss and Best Revenge.

Yes, UA is on the brown side. I didn't like Age of Consent as it seemed to have slight orangish tint, maybe the lighting. Perfect Kiss is pretty maybe a bit bright. Best Revenge was a pretty orange red. I was so disappointed that I didn't like Ruby Rush! It was pretty, but had too much pink in it for what I thought it should look like. The TF SA ghosted me the whole time..:ghost::scream: drove me nuts. A lot of the tubes were missing that I wanted to see. I was disappointed in most of the shades I swatched.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Holiday Armani lip box!!!!!!!!!! Just elegant girlie & beautiful! I posted about it in the Charlotte Tilbury thread.

KiKi Kontour

I am so leary of grabbing Paper Doll becuz I'm still holding on to trade in Sable Smoke and Deep Mink (which seems to be discontinued) for the THIRD TIME since they've turned on me. I don't know what it is with TF nudes but my 2 faves turn on me in less than 6 months!!

elegant-one

Speaking of PAPER DOLL (hi Kiki dear) no one called me out on calling it BABY Doll!!!!!!! :doh::tiptoe::rofl:Anyhow, I thought it was pretty, but more pink than nude pink which I thought it was going to be. It may be much prettier on the lips than a hand swatch.

boschicka

Speaking of PAPER DOLL (hi Kiki dear) no one called me out on calling it BABY Doll!!!!!!! :doh::tiptoe::rofl:Anyhow, I thought it was pretty, but more pink than nude pink which I thought it was going to be. It may be much prettier on the lips than a hand swatch.

Please, I don't even know where I am half the time, so there's no way I'm calling out someone on a lipstick name! I can't keep track of which of these are new, what's going on with the Girls/Boys line (are there new boys too?), and I tried searching Instagram for swatches of Autoerotique and lordy be, that was a mistake!

boschicka

Tom Ford site: Automatic and Erotic are two different lipsticks
Beautylish: Auto Erotique
Nordstrom: Autoerotique
Me: :bonk:

elegant-one

Please, I don't even know where I am half the time, so there's no way I'm calling out someone on a lipstick name! I can't keep track of which of these are new, what's going on with the Girls/Boys line (are there new boys too?), and I tried searching Instagram for swatches of Autoerotique and lordy be, that was a mistake!

OMG my friend LOL! I laughed so hard reading that. You complete me too :rotfl::rotfl: :rofl: I've been just as confused.

awickedshape

Tom Ford site: Automatic and Erotic are two different lipsticks
Beautylish: Auto Erotique
Nordstrom: Autoerotique
Me: :bonk:

And "Megnetic" Attraction lol
Yup, Automatic lip duo, Erotic patent lip "thingy" and new lipstick shades in Autoerotique (I also had to search IG for this and Fetishist lol) and Exotica

awickedshape

I am so leary of grabbing Paper Doll becuz I'm still holding on to trade in Sable Smoke and Deep Mink (which seems to be discontinued) for the THIRD TIME since they've turned on me. I don't know what it is with TF nudes but my 2 faves turn on me in less than 6 months!!

Funny enough, my Sable Smoke (from Dec 2014) is the only one of a dozen or so that is smelling off and due for tossing out

Winthrop44

Yes, UA is on the brown side. I didn't like Age of Consent as it seemed to have slight orangish tint, maybe the lighting. Perfect Kiss is pretty maybe a bit bright. Best Revenge was a pretty orange red. I was so disappointed that I didn't like Ruby Rush! It was pretty, but had too much pink in it for what I thought it should look like. The TF SA ghosted me the whole time..:ghost::scream: drove me nuts. A lot of the tubes were missing that I wanted to see. I was disappointed in most of the shades I swatched.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Holiday Armani lip box!!!!!!!!!! Just elegant girlie & beautiful! I posted about it in the Charlotte Tilbury thread.

Is it this one?

Access Denied

i have that lip magnet and like it a lot. Thanks for the TF descriptions. None sound overly promising. Oh well, money saved!

elegant-one

Is it this one?

Access Denied

i have that lip magnet and like it a lot. Thanks for the TF descriptions. None sound overly promising. Oh well, money saved!

Oh good that you love it too. Yes, it is. Lip Magnet in 506 & Ecstacy Shine in 503. It's so hard to read the numbers on the box so I hope I have those right.

Yep, I was really disappointed in the swatches of which I WAS going to take pictures of out in the mall under the natural light but the SA took a tissue with oil in it & started to wipe them off :doh: I had to laugh, hubs was trying to help me read the names on the tubes but it was near impossible lol. They had a new whole TF display but the spotlights hit the gold lettering on the bottom of the tubes & you just could n't read them...that & old eyes :p I completely forgot to swatch Fetishist ls which I was pretty sure I wanted. ugh

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Oh good that you love it too. Yes, it is. Lip Magnet in 506 & Ecstacy Shine in 503. It's so hard to read the numbers on the box so I hope I have those right.

Yep, I was really disappointed in the swatches of which I WAS going to take pictures of out in the mall under the natural light but the SA took a tissue with oil in it & started to wipe them off :doh: I had to laugh, hubs was trying to help me read the names on the tubes but it was near impossible lol. They had a new whole TF display but the spotlights hit the gold lettering on the bottom of the tubes & you just could n't read them...that & old eyes :p I completely forgot to swatch Fetishist ls which I was pretty sure I wanted. ugh
Ugh, that's annoying that you missed Fetishist, and that the SA was a pain, but still pretty great to have a counter! AFAIK there isn't one in reach of where I am.....as usual.

Erena

I was a bit disappointed about Paper Doll, I really wanted to like it but I want it to be more nude. So far I've bought All Mine, Spiced Honey and Bad Lieutenant[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Out of the three Bad Lieutenant is most wearable imo.

Latest posts