Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

I was a bit disappointed about Paper Doll, I really wanted to like it but I want it to be more nude. So far I've bought All Mine, Spiced Honey and Bad Lieutenant. Out of the three Bad Lieutenant is most wearable imo.

Hi! Yes, I really wanted it to be more nude with pink undertones. I forgot to swatch Bad Lieutenant & All Mine. I guess I'll have to make another trip. Thanks for posting!!

Last edited:

Alysse011

Oh good that you love it too. Yes, it is. Lip Magnet in 506 & Ecstacy Shine in 503. It's so hard to read the numbers on the box so I hope I have those right.

Yep, I was really disappointed in the swatches of which I WAS going to take pictures of out in the mall under the natural light but the SA took a tissue with oil in it & started to wipe them off :doh: I had to laugh, hubs was trying to help me read the names on the tubes but it was near impossible lol. They had a new whole TF display but the spotlights hit the gold lettering on the bottom of the tubes & you just could n't read them...that & old eyes :p I completely forgot to swatch Fetishist ls which I was pretty sure I wanted. ugh

Ever since I read your rave about this little kit I have been talking myself out of going to see if I can find it in store. But I can't escape you! You're everywhere and it's wearing me down :hide:

awickedshape

Wow, more like shocking! Does it have chemical sunscreen?

Yup
Here's a copy and paste from the email:

Soleil Tinted Moisturizer SPF30
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5% [] OCTISALATE 2.0% [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.3% INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] LAURETH-4 [] ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE [] NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIHEPTANOATE [] POLYETHYLENE [] MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT [] SAPINDUS MUKOROSSI FRUIT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL [] CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT [] PEG-100 STEARATE [] SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] MORUS NIGRA (MULBERRY) ROOT EXTRACT [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT [] GELIDIUM CARTILAGINEUM EXTRACT [] VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) FRUIT EXTRACT [] SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA SACCHARINA EXTRACT [] LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT [] SIGESBECKIA ORIENTALIS (ST. PAUL'S WORT) EXTRACT [] ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 [] SUCROSE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID [] CAFFEINE [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE [] LECITHIN [] ISOHEXADECANE [] POLYGLYCERYL-3 BEESWAX [] WHEY PROTEIN\LACTIS PROTEIN\PROTEINE DU PETIT-LAIT [] DIMETHOXYTOLYL PROPYLRESORCINOL [] ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE [] PVP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER [] TOURMALINE [] YEAST POLYSACCHARIDES [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] ISOSTEARIC ACID [] PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRATE [] HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE [] STEARIC ACID [] TROMETHAMINE [] ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER [] GALACTOARABINAN [] NYLON-12 [] SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE [] TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE/OLEATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] BORON NITRIDE [] XANTHAN GUM [] POLYSORBATE 80 [] SILICA [] ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE [] CAESALPINIA SPINOSA GUM [] TIN OXIDE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] LINALOOL [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)] <ILN43839>

Winthrop44

Thanks very much AWS. That would be a no go for me starting with the chemical ss. Hope you love it if you try it though!

jasp0810

hello everyone!

I think I should stop at 19 new Tom Ford lipsticks but I do sort of want an even number lol. Ysy/nay? Btw, I despise Paper Doll, it is so awful on me. Emphasises every lip line I have, every bit of unevenness, etc. Really don't like it.

Btw will swatch the rest tomorrow - need a bit of sleep! About six more will be arriving on the next few days and I have 7 more shades with me now (Adora, Dangerous Beauty, Discretion, Foxfire, Original Sin, Pretty Persuasive, The Perfect Kiss)!

Pictures are wonky! Shade ordering is initially top to bottom: Autoèrotique, Devoré, Paper Doll, Universal Appeal, Wicked Ways. In the pics with comparison shades order is top to bottom: Pink Dusk, Autoerotique, Devoré, Paper Doll, Universal Appeal, Wicked Ways, Velvet Cherry, Evan from the Lips & Boys.

LAlright time to catch a few winks lol, excuse me typos!

Attachments

• EDC9E851-C5BE-4F21-8098-5F77B1D62407.jpeg
    EDC9E851-C5BE-4F21-8098-5F77B1D62407.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • C353877F-39A5-46B0-8DD6-1D47C4286C3D.jpeg
    C353877F-39A5-46B0-8DD6-1D47C4286C3D.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 520F9562-2122-40D5-8141-2D331C16E0C3.jpeg
    520F9562-2122-40D5-8141-2D331C16E0C3.jpeg
    907.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 6F6BD5E6-6AC7-4864-9775-2B53D70A4132.jpeg
    6F6BD5E6-6AC7-4864-9775-2B53D70A4132.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • AB977758-245E-42F4-BF00-0F9AECB61E51.jpeg
    AB977758-245E-42F4-BF00-0F9AECB61E51.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 164
  • 22C7D056-E004-420B-B7F2-FF2C7249A544.jpeg
    22C7D056-E004-420B-B7F2-FF2C7249A544.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 143
  • 3B8D1843-22CA-43F9-B141-22A0A81001D3.jpeg
    3B8D1843-22CA-43F9-B141-22A0A81001D3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 40E34A88-8F84-4593-BA1D-A53F43641672.jpeg
    40E34A88-8F84-4593-BA1D-A53F43641672.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 131
  • 58505401-A394-4A40-92DC-98F3812F8274.jpeg
    58505401-A394-4A40-92DC-98F3812F8274.jpeg
    629.3 KB · Views: 139
  • AD2A79DF-E428-46C7-B377-F928F91E5EAB.jpeg
    AD2A79DF-E428-46C7-B377-F928F91E5EAB.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 87E45EB0-AA9C-43BC-BA75-B41412AB64D7.jpeg
    87E45EB0-AA9C-43BC-BA75-B41412AB64D7.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

elegant-one

Ever since I read your rave about this little kit I have been talking myself out of going to see if I can find it in store. But I can't escape you! You're everywhere and it's wearing me down :hide:

Died! :tee::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I'm going to get you my pretty! HAHAHA:scram::roflmao: It's a really really beautiful set! :heart:

elegant-one

I think I should stop at 19 new Tom Ford lipsticks but I do sort of want an even number lol. Ysy/nay? Btw, I despise Paper Doll, it is so awful on me. Emphasises every lip line I have, every bit of unevenness, etc. Really don't like it.

Btw will swatch the rest tomorrow - need a bit of sleep! About six more will be arriving on the next few days and I have 7 more shades with me now (Adora, Dangerous Beauty, Discretion, Foxfire, Original Sin, Pretty Persuasive, The Perfect Kiss)!

Pictures are wonky! Shade ordering is initially top to bottom: Autoèrotique, Devoré, Paper Doll, Universal Appeal, Wicked Ways. In the pics with comparison shades order is top to bottom: Pink Dusk, Autoerotique, Devoré, Paper Doll, Universal Appeal, Wicked Ways, Velvet Cherry, Evan from the Lips & Boys.

LAlright time to catch a few winks lol, excuse me typos!

You're Amazing dear! Thanks for all your great swatches & pics!!! :kisskiss: I have & love Velvet Cherry.

jasp0810

More swatches for you lovely ladies!

Finally got around to swatching the rest of the new lipsticks that I have with me! These pics except for the ones int the tube were all taken outdoors in daylight so I would say they are pretty true to life. I included Paper Doll again in this set, just for comparison with Pretty Persuasive (you can see that Paper Doll looks downright nude in comparison!)

I definitely have learned my lesson (I hope so anyway!): NOT TO BLIND BUY!! I can't say that I love most of the shades here, with the exception of Discretion which I absolutely love and which is unlike anything I have in my collection. It's very jammy and grape-y, cool toned but not plummy at all. It's a wonderful colour. The others...Dangerous Beauty and Adora are very similar imo. Adora is warmer and more muted and overall I prefer it - I don't know what it is about Dangerous Beauty but I find it quite aging on me for some reason. Perhaps, it's because it's the sort of shade my own mother prefers! Lol. My LEAST favourite is Pretty Persuasive - I don't know what possessed me to buy this, even Ree's swatch was very pink and bright. It's a sort of Barbie pepto-bismol pink on me...so erm, make of that what you will. Lol. If any of you have So Mod by Rodin, Paper Doll is almost an exact dupe for it, right down to the semi-sheer milky sort of texture (I'm not a fan of either if you can't tell).
Foxfire is good but not anywhere near as pigmented as I thought it might be. I found the texture a little too thin (sort of like Bare Peach). I think The Perfect Kiss is alright (it's very similar to Lost Cherry from Charlotte Tilbury).

Sorry for the super picture heavy post, I just took as many as I could while the light was good. Part 2 coming up right after this with comparison swatches :D

Attachments

• Dangerous Beauty.JPG
    Dangerous Beauty.JPG
    758.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Paper Doll.JPG
    Paper Doll.JPG
    783.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Original Sin.JPG
    Original Sin.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Discretion.JPG
    Discretion.JPG
    714.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Adora.JPG
    Adora.JPG
    729.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Adora, Dangerous Beauty, Discretion, Original SIn.JPG
    Adora, Dangerous Beauty, Discretion, Original SIn.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • Upmost view (still same order).JPG
    Upmost view (still same order).JPG
    741 KB · Views: 34
  • Lipsticks in row 2 (same order).JPG
    Lipsticks in row 2 (same order).JPG
    938.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Lipsticks in row.JPG
    Lipsticks in row.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • Paper Doll, Pretty Persuasive, The Perfect Kiss, Foxfire.JPG
    Paper Doll, Pretty Persuasive, The Perfect Kiss, Foxfire.JPG
    987.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Outdoor full arm swatch.JPG
    Outdoor full arm swatch.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 751
  • Outdoor full arm with flash swatches.JPG
    Outdoor full arm with flash swatches.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,238
  • Outdoors flash lswatches 2.JPG
    Outdoors flash lswatches 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,106
  • Outdoor full arm swatches 2.JPG
    Outdoor full arm swatches 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,148
  • Outdoor flash swatches 1.JPG
    Outdoor flash swatches 1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 899
  • Outdoor close up swatches.JPG
    Outdoor close up swatches.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 647
  • Foxfire.JPG
    Foxfire.JPG
    756.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Pretty Persuasive.JPG
    Pretty Persuasive.JPG
    751 KB · Views: 293
  • The Perfect Kiss.JPG
    The Perfect Kiss.JPG
    716.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3469.JPG
    IMG_3469.JPG
    730.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

jasp0810

Comparison swatches!

I know several of yesterday's shades pulled quite brown but they are much nicer in person. Wicked Ways has a nice bit of red in it. I bought Autoerotique, Wicked Ways and Universal Appeal on Saturday. Boy, the SA at my Tom Ford counter must think I'm crazy lol, I was grabbing everything and rattling off what I'd already bought. Oh well (he's familiar with me XD). Impassioned was sold out at all the other Tom Ford counters nearby which sucked because it was the shade I wanted the most (and it's sold out on Selfridges!). Luckily, Sephora was there for me in my hour of need and I ordered it yesterday.

Ugh, sorry for the wall of text! The shades that should be arriving in the new few days are:
- Age of Consent
- Bad Lieutenant
- Heavenly Creature
- Impassioned
- Night Mauve
- Night Porter
- Sugar Glider

Will try and swatch those as soon as I get them. Hope these are helpful and let me know if anyone wants comparisons with other shades (boys, Girls, regular lip colours...I have a bad enough Tom Ford addiction that it's worth a try throwing names out lol!)
[MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION] I totally agree about Paper Doll! It looked so pretty but there's too much baby pink it it for me. I would still take it over Pretty Persuasive haha but I should have skipped or bought Spiced Honey instead. Oh well.
[MENTION=95644]awickedshape[/MENTION] TY for piquing my interest in Wicked Ways! I would probably not even have swatched this one but because you had mentioned it, I thought it would be worth trying in. Swatches don't do it justice! It's lovely in person, two friends have it too and it looks great on a range of skin tones (N15 to NC25 to NC40).

Ok enough blabbering from me. I think these should upload better than yesterday as I'm not half asleep right now lol.

Attachments

• Comparison set 1 .JPG
    Comparison set 1 .JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,087
  • Comparison Set 2.JPG
    Comparison Set 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,043
  • Comparison set 2 .JPG
    Comparison set 2 .JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,116
  • Comparison Set 2 flash.JPG
    Comparison Set 2 flash.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,154

awickedshape

I know several of yesterday's shades pulled quite brown but they are much nicer in person. Wicked Ways has a nice bit of red in it. I bought Autoerotique, Wicked Ways and Universal Appeal on Saturday. Boy, the SA at my Tom Ford counter must think I'm crazy lol, I was grabbing everything and rattling off what I'd already bought. Oh well (he's familiar with me XD). Impassioned was sold out at all the other Tom Ford counters nearby which sucked because it was the shade I wanted the most (and it's sold out on Selfridges!). Luckily, Sephora was there for me in my hour of need and I ordered it yesterday.

Ugh, sorry for the wall of text! The shades that should be arriving in the new few days are:
- Age of Consent
- Bad Lieutenant
- Heavenly Creature
- Impassioned
- Night Mauve
- Night Porter
- Sugar Glider

Will try and swatch those as soon as I get them. Hope these are helpful and let me know if anyone wants comparisons with other shades (boys, Girls, regular lip colours...I have a bad enough Tom Ford addiction that it's worth a try throwing names out lol!)
[MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION] I totally agree about Paper Doll! It looked so pretty but there's too much baby pink it it for me. I would still take it over Pretty Persuasive haha but I should have skipped or bought Spiced Honey instead. Oh well.
[MENTION=95644]awickedshape[/MENTION] TY for piquing my interest in Wicked Ways! I would probably not even have swatched this one but because you had mentioned it, I thought it would be worth trying in. Swatches don't do it justice! It's lovely in person, two friends have it too and it looks great on a range of skin tones (N15 to NC25 to NC40).

Ok enough blabbering from me. I think these should upload better than yesterday as I'm not half asleep right now lol.

Nice!
I'm glad you like it!
Hoping to get mine this week; there have been three holidays so I think that's causing the delay

Winthrop44

I know several of yesterday's shades pulled quite brown but they are much nicer in person. Wicked Ways has a nice bit of red in it. I bought Autoerotique, Wicked Ways and Universal Appeal on Saturday.

Thanks for even more great swatches! They're really great! So you feel Universal Appeal is less brown in person?

jasp0810

[MENTION=5347]Winthrop44[/MENTION] Yes, definitely less brown - I'll try and swatch it in better (daytime) lighting tomorrow. Universal Appeal and Wicked Ways are a little frustrating as they just seem to swatch...brown. I'll try and include a lip swatch too :)

I actually made quite a bit of fun about Universal Appeal not being very appealing lol. But it's a more nuanced shade so seeing it in person makes quite a bit of difference. I have Pat McGrath's LuxeTrance in Lavish which is about as brown as I can go and Wicked Ways is actually less brown than Lavish swatched beside each other!

As for my impressions of the other shades: I haven't received Heavenly Creature yet but it's like the matte version of Spiced Honey. I'm a bit worried it's going to be too pale on me but I have my fingers crossed it'll be ok. From looking at pics on Instagram of some TF SA's swatches (forget exactly who - they did forget to include the shade names though lol), it looked like a lot of the nudes were going to be wearable for me. I have trouble with anything with ochre undertones and the swatches in that pic looked not very ochre-y. In person, Satin Chic and Open Kimono were straight up ochre nudes. All Mine was leaning that way too. I was/am tempted by Spiced Honey but am also eyeing about 4 more Pat McGrath lipsticks so...gotta be restrained haha. Ugh budgets. So annoying!

Latest posts