Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie here but have often come here in the past to find swatches etc. I went into my local TF counter yesterday to check the new singles out in person and do some swatches.
I came home with Vertigo, Hush, Burnt Suede, Loveshade, Smoked Opaline, Body Double and Emerald Sun. I'm still on the lookout for Camera Obscura.
I will follow this post with my swatches done in store, hopefully they will help ☺️

IMG_2780.JPG
ULTRASUEDE
01 Naked City
02 Blonde Venus
03 Vertigo
04 Starlet
05 Dark Victory
06 Nightcast

IMG_2782.JPG
SUEDE
01 Hush
02 Burnt Suede
03 Loveshade
04 Agenda Rouge
06 High Rise

sorry 05 Videotape tester was missing

IMG_2790.JPG
SATEEN
01 Exposure
02 Moonlighting
03 Infrared
04 Iris Bronze
05 Smoked Opaline
06 Silver Screen

IMG_2793.JPG
VINYL
01 Body Double
02 Warm Leatherette
03 Violet Vinyl
04 Photographic
05 Purple Reign
06 Blue Velvet

IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
PAILLETTE
01 Camera Obscura
02 Breathless
04 Tempete Bleue
05 Emerald Sun
06 Black Onyx

sorry 03 Fire Sign tester was missing

Last edited:

elegant-one

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie here but have often come here in the past to find swatches etc. I went into my local TF counter yesterday to check the new singles out in person and do some swatches.
I came home with Vertigo, Hush, Burnt Suede, Loveshade, Smoked Opaline, Body Double and Emerald Sun. I'm still on the lookout for Camera Obscura.
I will follow this post with my swatches done in store, hopefully they will help ☺️

View attachment 62572
ULTRASUEDE
01 Naked City
02 Blonde Venus
03 Vertigo
04 Starlet
05 Dark Victory
06 Nightcast

Welcome & Thanks so much for the beautiful swatches!!!

I would like to know what you think of Loveshade.

Welcome & Thanks so much for the beautiful swatches!!!

I would like to know what you think of Loveshade.

Thank you :eek:

I have now updated my post with the rest of the swatches.
Loveshade I really liked in store, I haven't had a chance to play with it at home yet but once I do I will take some more pics of the ones I bought.

Last edited:

TraceyMc

I got Camera Obscura , Breathless and Vertigo , I kind of want Tempete Blue but like you I don't want a repeat of the Lips & Boys , however at least the eye shadow won't go rancid in under a year ;)

I got my 3 shadows , my favourite of them is definitely Camera Obscura , it's so pretty and pigmented , I found Breathless to be pretty but it seems to be sheerer and harder pressed in the pan so harder to pick up . Vertigo is lovely and smooth and pigmented and will make a good neutral shade I don't have . I like all 3 but so far these shadows haven't wowed me IYKWIM .

elegant-one

Thank you :eek:

I have now updated my post with the rest of the swatches.
Loveshade I really liked in store, I haven't had a chance to play with it at home yet but once I do I will take some more pics of the ones I bought.

Thank you so much! It is very helpful. I hope you love them all.

TraceyMc

It's lovely there. Can you describe the shade for me?

I love Camera Obscura too , on me ( I'm about a NC15 to NC20 ) it is definitely more of a red based plum sort of a raisin colour with micro blue and pink glitters in it giving it a blue shift but then in some lights a more purple shift.

elegant-one

I love Camera Obscura too , on me ( I'm about a NC15 to NC20 ) it is definitely more of a red based plum sort of a raisin colour with micro blue and pink glitters in it giving it a blue shift but then in some lights a more purple shift.

That sounds so beautiful. I was afraid it would be too purple for my liking, but you had me at the word raisin ;) Thanks dear!

GreenEyedAllie

I got my 3 shadows , my favourite of them is definitely Camera Obscura , it's so pretty and pigmented , I found Breathless to be pretty but it seems to be sheerer and harder pressed in the pan so harder to pick up . Vertigo is lovely and smooth and pigmented and will make a good neutral shade I don't have . I like all 3 but so far these shadows haven't wowed me IYKWIM .
How you found Breathless is how my CO is. How do you apply? I tried a flat synthetic brush and my finger to no avail. :(

Latest posts