Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Aquamarine1543

I returned Body Double, Warm Leatherette, Blue Velvet and Exposure. But I got High Rise, Dark Victory, Silver Screen and Videotape and they're gorgeous! Now I'm thinking of Smoked Opaline.

lipstickaddict

What about the Kohl liners? Anybody have/love them & do they have staying power?

I don't have them, but I have read several reviews on them. Both work well in the waterline, but Tourmaline apparently smudges and goes all over the top lid. Doesn't stay as a fixed line, even with setting powder. It's too bad really since I love the look of tourmaline. I guess I could always buy it and try it myself:D

elegant-one

I don't have them, but I have read several reviews on them. Both work well in the waterline, but Tourmaline apparently smudges and goes all over the top lid. Doesn't stay as a fixed line, even with setting powder. It's too bad really since I love the look of tourmaline. I guess I could always buy it and try it myself:D

That's such a bummer because the colors look rich & beautiful! I did read that it was good for the waterline & was kind of shocked at that because you would think it would need to be more waterproof for there. Crazy

TraceyMc

I didn't get a chance to play around yet. On the counter, they all were amazing on my olive skin tone, so bought all ( I couldn't decide and wasn't sure about some 2-3 colors, and as far as I know some color were sold out). I went only to get between 4-5 colors, and came back with 30:mad:. I am going to play around tmrw. I will try to put the swatches tmrw evening. There is a promotion on Saks in canada this weekend too (not as much money back though).

Welcome to the forum :) Can't wait to see your swatches although my wallet will probably cry :')

Haven

I returned lavender lure blush duo. I rarely return products, but this duo is identical to bicoastal.

I have been wearing dressed to kill a lot lately. Lipstick not patent polish. Really love that color when using a light hand.:sunshine: Plus I ordered several of the single shadows.

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

I returned lavender lure blush duo. I rarely return products, but this duo is identical to bicoastal.

I have been wearing dressed to kill a lot lately. Lipstick not patent polish. Really love that color when using a light hand.:sunshine: Plus I ordered several of the single shadows.

Which shadows did you choose?

Icecaramellatte

I picked up a few shadows today. I did not make a list and now that I'm home I realize I forgot to check out a few. I was quite overwhelmed by the shadows so I figured I'd go for ones I didn't really have in the quads. I was trying to focus on the mattes. Well, I ended up forgetting all about Fire Sign. I have a feeling it is one that I tested but put on the later list. They had all the testers except one but the MA did have the product in stock and showed it to be but it was a matte beige. I decided to hold off on Temp something Bleu. I have some dazzling blue from Pat McGrath and I got another Paillette. I figured I could just test the formula but now I wish I had bought it. I meant to get a vinyl formula. Oh well, next time. They did have a little bit off on perfumes so I got Vert de Bois even though Vert d'Encens was next on my list. I kind of planned to use my Beautylish Gift cards to get that one so I don't know what happened. I may still get it from Beautylish. The MA did give me some samples of the Vert series. I just opened them and they are spray bottles. I like. I like the pour ones but always mean to decant into a sprayer so I can apply it as if I had a full bottle. I think I get a better sense of the fragrance than the roll ons or pouring it on. I don't know if it is the same size as the others but it is a nice amount. I just need one more sample and I have all of the verts. She all gave me a trial size spray bottle of Oud Minerale. I really like this size. It looks like a 1/2 oz. but I haven't tried the fragrance before. So It is good I made a new Tom Ford friend. I haven't heard from my old Tom Ford friend in quite a while. Oh I forgot to mention what I did get:

Camera Obscura
Infared
Dark Victory
Agenda Rouge

Last edited:

Haven

Which shadows did you choose?
I currently have body double, videotape, agenda rouge, infrared, loveshade, burnt suede and moonlighting.

I am still waiting for tempete blue, iris bronze, vertigo, smoked opaline and breathless. I also preordered fire sign from Nordstrom but don’t know if I will actually get it. I am half expecting them to cancel the preorder.

I need to stop looking at these or else it will turn into another “lips and boys” situation. I wasn’t going to get any of these mini shadows, and now how many do I have lol. :doh:

boschicka

Neither IMO. I think there are some relatively unique shades and apparently some but not all have really nice texture.

Thank you. I don't think I'm going for any of the unique colors, but if they truly have a great texture, then I have that justification.

Monsy

Thank you. I don't think I'm going for any of the unique colors, but if they truly have a great texture, then I have that justification.

no they are not unique or much better or better at all compared to other shadows on the market

GreenEyedAllie

Neither IMO. I think there are some relatively unique shades and apparently some but not all have really nice texture.

no they are not unique or much better or better at all compared to other shadows on the market
I agree with these lovely ladies! Although, I have only played with my suede and vinyl since my Camera Obscura hasn’t arrived yet. I’m happy to have them, but I’m VERY happy I didn’t pay full price.

TraceyMc

I currently have body double, videotape, agenda rouge, infrared, loveshade, burnt suede and moonlighting.

I am still waiting for tempete blue, iris bronze, vertigo, smoked opaline and breathless. I also preordered fire sign from Nordstrom but don’t know if I will actually get it. I am half expecting them to cancel the preorder.

I need to stop looking at these or else it will turn into another “lips and boys” situation. I wasn’t going to get any of these mini shadows, and now how many do I have lol. :doh:

I got Camera Obscura , Breathless and Vertigo , I kind of want Tempete Blue but like you I don't want a repeat of the Lips & Boys , however at least the eye shadow won't go rancid in under a year ;)