Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

NaomiH

Naomi is looking beautiful in her new avi
eyelove.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

naomi u look stunninggg
Awww shucks, thanks ladies! Y'all are too sweet.
love.gif
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif

Ella, it's MAC's Film Noir. :)

EllaS

Quote: Originally Posted by NaomiH

Awww shucks, thanks ladies! Y'all are too sweet.
love.gif
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif

Ella, it's MAC's Film Noir. :)

Thank you! Well that lippie suits you perfectly. I agree with @Medgal07 - you can really wear a vamp!

alexisweaver

I haven't been able to find any information about this, but I was told by a Tom Ford SA that they'll have a huge release of 50 limited edition lipsticks (at $30 each, and smaller sized) the day after Christmas. And if you buy 3 you also get some kind of pouch. Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently they'll be completely new shades/possibly formula, and each location would only get very, very limited quantities, so will likely sell out just in pre-sell...
SAY WAH!!!

alexisweaver

Hi ladies! Such a busy day today I haven't had nearly enough time yet to test out my new goodies, but I did manage to swatch First Time. It's such a pretty peach! I did not line my lips or prime them here - I just wanted to test it out au naturel ;-) I have roughness on my bottom lip that is such a PITA and doesn't smooth out with any amount of exfoliation and moisturization, so the imperfections you see here are not the fault of the lippy. They're visible with every lipstick I wear. Can't fault TF for not magically curing my lip roughness LOL.

Anyway, first impressions of the formula are really good. I recently got a few of the Mac Matte lippies and by comparison those felt much more powdery. The TF, while being matte, feel more creamy and comfortable (to me). Haven't had the chance yet to wear them all day so if I notice any issues with them being drying I'll report back!

Fabulous!

Medgal07

I haven't been able to find any information about this, but I was told by a Tom Ford SA that they'll have a huge release of 50 limited edition lipsticks (at $30 each, and smaller sized) the day after Christmas. And if you buy 3 you also get some kind of pouch. Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently they'll be completely new shades/possibly formula, and each location would only get very, very limited quantities, so will likely sell out just in pre-sell...
icon_eek.gif
I just sent a text to one of my TF SAs. I'll let you know what I find out.

sarabeautime

icon_eek.gif
I just sent a text to one of my TF SAs. I'll let you know what I find out.
I was told the following:

"Also fyi we will debut 50 new lipsticks in small sizes at $32.00 each on dec.26th. the collection is called "Lips and Boys" and each color is named after a boy.
Also debuting in late January will be "50 Shades of Gray" to celebrate the new movie coming out in February"

alexisweaver

"Also fyi we will debut 50 new lipsticks in small sizes at $32.00 each on dec.26th. the collection is called "Lips and Boys" and each color is named after a boy.
Also debuting in late January will be "50 Shades of Gray" to celebrate the new movie coming out in February"
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I'll be ready!

ellyk

Thanks for the confirmation and extra info! That's so exciting!! But, oh my wallet...

EllaS

FIFTY new lipsticks? That's too many to even fathom. I can't keep up. I hope they're perm! (but of course I'm sure many of them won't be...)

Alysse011

I am kind of surprised that Tom Ford is releasing all of that to celebrate 50 Shades. I think I'm the only one who wasn't too into the books. Even my boyfriend's mom was talking to me about them lol.

EllaS

I think I'm the only one who wasn't too into the books. Even my boyfriend's mom was talking to me about them lol.
Well Tom Ford is awfully cheeky
graucho.gif
Just look at some of the product names from fall and holiday...stroked, softcore, negligee, first time...

I agree with you about the book series, but then again I'm sure Tom Ford could have a lot of fun coming up with a line full of 50 Shades references
lolz.gif

Vineetha

I was told the following: "Also fyi we will debut 50 new lipsticks in small sizes at $32.00 each on dec.26th. the collection is called "Lips and Boys" and each color is named after a boy. Also debuting in late January will be "50 Shades of Gray" to celebrate the new movie coming out in February"
:shock:

Alysse011

@walkingdead and @ellas I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Now that you say that, TF does have some cheeky names. I feel like I am so desensitized to those naughty names by now that I don't even notice them anymore! Between UD, TF, NARS etc. Dont even bat an eye anymore.

Dolly Snow

Hi ladies! Such a busy day today I haven't had nearly enough time yet to test out my new goodies, but I did manage to swatch First Time. It's such a pretty peach! I did not line my lips or prime them here - I just wanted to test it out au naturel ;-) I have roughness on my bottom lip that is such a PITA and doesn't smooth out with any amount of exfoliation and moisturization, so the imperfections you see here are not the fault of the lippy. They're visible with every lipstick I wear. Can't fault TF for not magically curing my lip roughness LOL.

Anyway, first impressions of the formula are really good. I recently got a few of the Mac Matte lippies and by comparison those felt much more powdery. The TF, while being matte, feel more creamy and comfortable (to me). Haven't had the chance yet to wear them all day so if I notice any issues with them being drying I'll report back!

So pretty.

Medgal07

She was clueless. That's really sad---you work for a company and you know zip!