Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

beautycool

Here's a quick swatch of Paradiso. It's a lot more coral than I thought it would be, I was under the impression it leans more towards hot pink, but it doesn't, at least not for me. Both swatched on my hand and on my lips, it pulls very coral, lots of orange undertones going on, which I know a lot of people love, but I'm more of a pink girl. It really is a great color for summer, especially with a pretty tan going! The photos are pretty much true to life, even though they're taken indoors at night.
01dbc620_image.jpeg
8e9ec9a0_image.jpeg
Wow that's v bright I thought it was pinky too well a pinky colour that was on my list think it may get wiped off like u I'm a pinky girl I don't think coral sheds suit me even though I love looking at corals I'm a nw22-25 in mac Did you say you have tried the TF bronzers If so do you like them I have terra coming I'm hoping it's not too dark for me I'm hoping I love it

Medgal07

It's beautiful, but I was also under the impression that it leaned pink. That's actually why I purchased. I already have Sweet Spot which is an orange-coral and TF True Coral, also an orange coral, so pink was in order for me. That's ok though. I love the white packaging and I love coral. C'est la vie!
shrugs.gif

Medgal07

im excited to see everyone's swatches!!! my paradisco shipped soooo im anxiously awaiting that and up next my other order! I think im gonna go ahead n pull the trigger on RS and gold dust during nordies triple points!!
Did you think it was pink too Kiki?????

RuLaRu

But you should still be able to buy things in uk from this coll
smiles.gif
Thats so nice of you to offer lovely thank you, luckily i got a call this morning from my SA and they got some more of the collection today that they reserved for me so i will be able to get the things i wanted. Hope you get your summer collection soon
amuse.gif

Psych1

Wow that's v bright I thought it was pinky too well a pinky colour that was on my list think it may get wiped off like u I'm a pinky girl I don't think coral sheds suit me even though I love looking at corals I'm a nw22-25 in mac Did you say you have tried the TF bronzers If so do you like them I have terra coming I'm hoping it's not too dark for me I'm hoping I love it
Yeah, it's a lot more coral than I had hoped for. It's a gorgeous shade, but not my personal preference. I got the Gold Dust bronzer and I haven't tried it on my face yet, but I posted a swatch on my hand yesterday. It's really a beautiful color, but it does have shimmer to it. I know a lot of ladies prefer for their Bronzers to be matte, like terra. I just don't bronze much, so I prefer the lighter shades. Terra looks really pretty though, I'm actually tempted to get that one too in the mini size.

YarahFlower

Here's a quick swatch of Paradiso. It's a lot more coral than I thought it would be, I was under the impression it leans more towards hot pink, but it doesn't, at least not for me. Both swatched on my hand and on my lips, it pulls very coral, lots of orange undertones going on, which I know a lot of people love, but I'm more of a pink girl. It really is a great color for summer, especially with a pretty tan going! The photos are pretty much true to life, even though they're taken indoors at night.
01dbc620_image.jpeg
8e9ec9a0_image.jpeg
Maybe your undertones have a part to play in the matter..or maybe you got a bad batch? I'd go swatch in the store to see how it compares to the one you received.

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF] Please join us Ernie------they're a must!!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]It's beautiful, but I was also under the impression that it leaned pink.  That's actually why I purchased.  I already have Sweet Spot which is an orange-coral and TF True Coral, also an orange coral, so pink was in order for me.  That's ok though.  I love the white packaging and I love coral. C'est la vie![/COLOR] :shrugs:
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. It's certainly a beautiful shade, just not what I was expecting. Maybe i got a weird batch or something lol or it just pulls that way on my particular skin tone, I do have yellow undertones. It's a beautiful formula though, really pigmented and moisturizing!

Medgal07

Oh wow, it was bright pink on my hand especially when I swatched it between Sweet spot and Skinny dip! Unfortunately, it's sold out online, I hope I can find it in a store. I really underestimated this collection :(
I think many people ordered it, thinking it was pink. I love it anyway----haven't met a coral I didn't love. I'm glad I know now----otherwise I would've been pretty surprised
when it arrives!

YarahFlower

[COLOR=0000FF] YES!!!!!  That's great news!!![/COLOR] :stars: [COLOR=0000FF] I'm so  happy for you.[/COLOR]
Thank you!!!!! And yes, glorious news!!! You and [@]elegant-one[/@] are thee most cheerful people in this forum!!! You make shopping even more fun :frenz:

Psych1

Maybe your undertones have a part to play in the matter..or maybe you got a bad batch? I'd go swatch in the store to see how it compares to the one you received.
I agree, I just posted the same thing to Medgal lol I look fwd to seeing other swatches and I'm def going to try and swatch in store to see if there is a difference.

Psych1

Oh wow, it was bright pink on my hand especially when I swatched it between Sweet spot and Skinny dip! Unfortunately, it's sold out online, I hope I can find it in a store. I really underestimated this collection :(
I think it's probably just me and my skin tone or an off batch? It's certainly pretty, just not as pink as I had hoped. I just got a call from Saks this morning telling they had the whole collection in, have you tried calling around to locate it? I noticed it was sold out online too :-/

Medgal07

I look fwd to seeing other swatches and I'm def going to try and swatch in store to see of there is a difference.
Temptalia even described it as a "medium warm-toned pink:
http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?sg=153910,153758,150630,149078,147555,147301,122726,108111,107748,107225,107168,158164

Next to Sweet Spot in these photos it looks pink:
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/02/tom-ford-lip-color-sheers-summer-fling.html

mkoparanova

I think many people ordered it, thinking it was pink. I love it anyway----haven't met a coral I didn't love. I'm glad I know now----otherwise I would've been pretty surprised
when it arrives!
I'm the opposite - I haven't met a coral I love
lol.gif
It's just not my shade.

Quote: Originally Posted by Psych1

I think it's probably just me and my skin tone or an off batch? It's certainly pretty, just not as pink as I had hoped.
I just got a call from Saks this morning telling they had the whole collection in, have you tried calling around to locate it? I noticed it was sold out online too :-/
It's probably the undertones of your skin tone - I was looking at swatches from last year and it looks pink on some people and coral on others. I hope you grow to love it!
I'm in the UK, I'll go to a few stores tomorrow, I'm almost sure they'll have it.

Medgal07

I'm the opposite - I haven't met a coral I love
lol.gif
It's just not my shade.

It's probably the undertones of your skin tone - I was looking at swatches from last year and it looks pink on some people and coral on others. I hope you grow to love it!
I'm in the UK, I'll go to a few stores tomorrow, I'm almost sure they'll have it.
I actually prefer pink over coral but there's enough love in this heart for both!
heart.gif

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]   Temptalia even described it as a "medium warm-toned pink:[/COLOR]     http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gal...301,122726,108111,107748,107225,107168,158164   [COLOR=0000FF] Next to Sweet Spot in these photos it looks pink:[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/02/tom-ford-lip-color-sheers-summer-fling.html
Temptalia's looks a lot closer to what I'm seeing with mine. I can definitely see it appearing more pink when swatched with more nudes/neutrals and true corals, bc it does have pink to it, but on it's own it's pretty dang coral lol I can't wait until you ladies receive yours so I can hear your opinions on how it pulls.

Psych1

I'm the opposite - I haven't met a coral I love :lol:  It's just not my shade.  It's probably the undertones of your skin tone - I was looking at swatches from last year and it looks pink on some people and coral on others. I hope you grow to love it! I'm in the UK, I'll go to a few stores tomorrow, I'm almost sure they'll have it. 
I'm the same, I'm just not a coral girl. It's SO beautiful and I love how it looks on other ladies, but I'm not a fan of it on me. I hope you're able to find one soon!