Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

starletta8

If my friends and some of my family knew how much I spend on cosmetics they would have me locked away and declared incompetent.
I wouldn't care as long as I could take my MU stash with me.
girlhaha.gif

It is my business and I don't discuss it beyond Specktra. Good for your mom. I would never comment on how someone else decides to spend their money.
ohboy.gif
Exactly.

The way I look at it, I have my bills paid, and it's nobody's business.

mkoparanova

Ugh, my "favourite" topic
ohboy.gif
I lived with friends last year and they were all very judgemental of my makeup buying. I remember I came home with a bag full of stuff after the Christmas sale and I was so excited but then the questions started: "Have you thought about putting that money into a savings account?", "Have you considered donating the money you spend on one lipstick?". They ruined my mood completely.

Medgal07

ohboy.gif
I lived with friends last year and they were all very judgemental of my makeup buying. I remember I came home with a bag full of stuff after the Christmas sale and I was so excited but then the questions started: "Have you thought about putting that money into a savings account?", "Have you considered donating the money you spend on one lipstick?". They ruined my mood completely.
Good time for you to have said, "Have you thought that what I spend my money on is none of your_____ing business!" I feel bad that you had to go through that.
I take it you no longer live with those friends.

mkoparanova

Good time for you to have said, "Have you thought that what I spend my money on is none of your_____ing business!" I feel bad that you had to go through that.
No
lol.gif
We're still close but we had too many domestic problems - we're better living apart.
That's why I started posting here - I don't know any people irl, who love and buy makeup as much as I do!

laurennnxox

The more the merrier in our little world!!!! Of course when you are chatting with those not in our world, they just think we are CRAZY!!! The one friend of my Mom's, gets very pissy about the monies my Mom and I spend. When my Dad was so sick, my Mom who has always lack patience, add the stress of my Dad. She let it rip. My brother and I just looked at each other like we did when we were children. Of please let the ground open up and just swallow us. Based on we so knew what was about to occur. My Mom made it clear, it is no one's business how or what something costs, unless the person asking is paying your bills. So in my Mom's true way she ended it with her tagline for morons of: Fu** off and Bite me
I just had a disheartening experience in sephora a few moments ago, and seeing this made me go: "you know!! Screw her!" Basically, i was re-purchasing some necessities: mascara, living proof shampoo, brow pencil, etc. and it came out to be like $109. Which is nothing to me, especially for getting staple items I use every day!! The SA goes "your total today is $109, are you paying cash or card" and the woman behind me made the most judgemental noise, like she was disgusted at me. I wanted to turn around and dump my 5 staple products on her feet and say "about $20 per item is perfectly fine--- Mind ya own business!!!!" But you're right. It's not her concern. It still bothered me at the time, unfortunately. Sigh.

MakeupAli

This was a professional mishap. I go a little darker and redder, but this is way out of my norm. And I had a seriously painful reaction to the different formula so I can't re-process.
Ugh-- so sorry that happened to you. So you are a lot darker in color AND redder? It's hard to adjust because it kinda changes everything.

MakeupAli

Ooh, beautiful and bright! One of the SAs was wearing a mixture of Electric Pink and Violet Violet the other day and it made for a super bold lip.
At the counter today, I tried on Velvet Violet. It is so my kind of color. It is a bit in the realm of Violet Fatale, a tad less red, and different finish. I really like it. I also had a near miracle at the TF counter at Bloomies. No SA was there for like a full half hour. It was so great. Because the problem I always have is that the SA will put a lot of stuff on you and it looks great. But you cannot differentiate what each product does, how it feels and handles, nor see how it looks when you apply it yourself. Plus you always feel their expectation that you will purchase which is not so relaxing for me in forming my own decision. What I finally figured out is that Lavender Lust is the quad for me. I wore it over the eye primer with Wicked Blush and the VV lippie. I also used Deepener and the Eyebrow in Taupe. This to me is a basic look that I could wear every day and never get tired of. Now I will set about acquiring those.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]  .....and you should have them!!!!  I love this collection so much---obviously, because I bought the whole thing but I haven't yet really dug in.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I've used the NB e/s duo and the RS lippie[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] and that's it.  I think I've been way too consumed with this upcoming wedding.  If I were a time traveler[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I'd make it be over already!!!!  Oye!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]
Lol! I'm sure Naked Bronze looked amazing on you :eyelove: I have some sorta similar shades so last night I was swatching the Fétiche palette hoping to talk myself of NB. Crazy :lmao:
5bcee921_20150524_174847.jpeg
What's worse is how great the wear on Golden Peach was today lol It stayed so vibrant and one eye creased minutely and the other not at all. Oy. Lol
The more the merrier in our little world!!!! Of course when you are chatting with those not in our world, they just think we are CRAZY!!! The one friend of my Mom's, gets very pissy about the monies my Mom and I spend. When my Dad was so sick, my Mom who has always lack patience, add the stress of my Dad. She let it rip. My brother and I just looked at each other like we did when we were children. Of please let the ground open up and just swallow us. Based on we so knew what was about to occur. My Mom made it clear, it is no one's business how or what something costs, unless the person asking is paying your bills. So in my Mom's true way she ended it with her tagline for morons of: Fu** off and Bite me
Reminds me of
e8a3b686_Screenshot_2015-05-25-16-34-17.png
A friend of mine was very condescending about my makeup purchases initially (and then wanted me to get her an LE MAC lipstick from an insane launch).
I have been neglecting the eye and cheek palette. I think I have worn it once. I seem to be into the cream shadows lately. But need to open that compact and use it!!!!
Oh, yes!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF]   Thanks AWS[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF] Thanks Glammy---this one was mad for your lovely lips!!![/COLOR]
awwwwww thanks medal I bet it looks amazing on u
I am officially an owner of a TF brush.  This is the Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush! !
enjoy It looks beautiful
Has anyone seen Velvet Violet matte lipstick in person?  How does it compare to Plum Lush lipstick?  Thanks.
i was wondering the same thing Almost order pl a couple weeks ago Happy I waited because I want vv About to see who has great ebates I need
very pretty
Happy wife, happy life
I'm happy my bf understand this If he keeps it up he may become my husband oneday
I have been using Pink Glow almost every single day since I got it. Added Golden Peach and YSL Rose Asarine rv today; it looks so good when the light catches it! Still have to add some variety to my look, though.
c81ef4d5_2015-05-2508.27.59.jpeg
633ea088_2015-05-2508.30.52.jpeg
Beautiful
Ugh, my "favourite" topic :eek:hboy:  I lived with friends last year and they were all very judgemental of my makeup buying. I remember I came home with a bag full of stuff after the Christmas sale and I was so excited but then the questions started: "Have you thought about putting that money into a savings account?", "Have you considered donating the money you spend on one lipstick?". They ruined my mood completely. 
i stopped talking about makeup with my friends and family because they hardly understand a $16 dollar lipstick If I talk about a $50 dollar u get U spend whattt I'm not going to defend myself about how I spend my money What I say is u do u and I do me And leave it at that
Lol! I'm sure Naked Bronze looked amazing on you :eyelove: I have some sorta similar shades so last night I was swatching the Fétiche palette hoping to talk myself of NB. Crazy :lmao:
5bcee921_20150524_174847.jpeg
What's worse is how great the wear on Golden Peach was today lol It stayed so vibrant and one eye creased minutely and the other not at all. Oy. Lol Reminds me of
e8a3b686_Screenshot_2015-05-25-16-34-17.png
A friend of mine was very condescending about my makeup purchases initially (and then wanted me to get her an LE MAC lipstick from an insane launch). Oh, yes!
so true

awickedshape

awwwwww thanks medal I bet it looks amazing on u enjoy It looks beautiful i was wondering the same thing Almost order pl a couple weeks ago Happy I waited because I want vv About to see who has great ebates I need very pretty I'm happy my bf understand this If he keeps it up he may become my husband oneday Beautiful i stopped talking about makeup with my friends and family because they hardly understand a $16 dollar lipstick If I talk about a $50 dollar u get U spend whattt I'm not going to defend myself about how I spend my money What I say is u do u and I do me And leave it at that so true
Thank you [@]allthingsglam[/@]! At least there's Specktra lol

ashievic

I find such comfort that my fav blogger is still having "drying" issues with the new lipstick shades. Perhaps she lives in the desert?

ashievic

No
lol.gif
We're still close but we had too many domestic problems - we're better living apart.
That's why I started posting here - I don't know any people irl, who love and buy makeup as much as I do!
This person who ripped on my Mom always frets about giving monies to the homeless, church, whatever. Worthy causes, and yes my parent's do donate to the charities of their choice. Then this is the woman who will literally drive 10 miles to purchase a loaf of bread for 10 cents less then the store near her home. The best one is when this woman went on for hours how many hungry children could have been fed for the 600.00 my Mom spent on her goodies. But this chic always asks my Mom for any mascara samples she might have!!!!

ashievic

ohboy.gif
friends like that who needs enemies????

allthingsglam

After wearing both bronzers finally Gold dust is my fave Still have not used eye and cheek palette Forgot I got smoke red lipstick this week Was looking for a red to wear today I could have worn smoke red Too much makeup I forget lol But I loveeeee it

elegant-one

At the counter today, I tried on Velvet Violet. It is so my kind of color. It is a bit in the realm of Violet Fatale, a tad less red, and different finish. I really like it. I also had a near miracle at the TF counter at Bloomies. No SA was there for like a full half hour. It was so great. Because the problem I always have is that the SA will put a lot of stuff on you and it looks great. But you cannot differentiate what each product does, how it feels and handles, nor see how it looks when you apply it yourself. Plus you always feel their expectation that you will purchase which is not so relaxing for me in forming my own decision. What I finally figured out is that Lavender Lust is the quad for me. I wore it over the eye primer with Wicked Blush and the VV lippie. I also used Deepener and the Eyebrow in Taupe. This to me is a basic look that I could wear every day and never get tired of. Now I will set about acquiring those.
Ooh, I was thinking about Velvet Violet! Love the name too. Thanks for posting that!