Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

No! It's SWATCHITIS-----a condition that's caused by swatching too damn many lipsticks in one day.
died!
th_roll1.gif

Medgal07

I am the queen of last minute packing with too many options in case I change my mind. I have a trip coming up in a few weeks where there are too many different weather and dress options-- dreading it. What makeup are you planning?
I'm constructing my makeup list now----it's separate from my general packing list. The wedding is Friday night so I'm focusing on makeup for that first. My dress is black, white and pale lavender, so I can go with a traditional smokey eye or I can play up the softness of the pale lavender in the dress and go with a soft lavender look------taking my TF Lavender Lust quad and my Armani Eye Tint, Shadow which is pale lavender. I'm wearing soft lavender nail polish. I haven't decided on my accessories-----Black patent Louboutin pumps, Black strappy Manolo high heeled sandals or Silver HH Gucci Sandals are what I'm considering. BTW---the dress has long sleeves, a deep vee neckline and a slightly flared skirt.

Beyond that event my wardrobe is pretty casual and colorful so I'll go with nude eyelids and bright coordinating lipsticks as well as a nude lip on a day or two.

​I prefer tons of options and this calm organized demeanor will be out the window by tomorrow night. We leave on Wednesday.

Medgal07

At the counter today, I tried on Velvet Violet. It is so my kind of color. It is a bit in the realm of Violet Fatale, a tad less red, and different finish. I really like it. I also had a near miracle at the TF counter at Bloomies. No SA was there for like a full half hour. It was so great. Because the problem I always have is that the SA will put a lot of stuff on you and it looks great. But you cannot differentiate what each product does, how it feels and handles, nor see how it looks when you apply it yourself. Plus you always feel their expectation that you will purchase which is not so relaxing for me in forming my own decision. What I finally figured out is that Lavender Lust is the quad for me. I wore it over the eye primer with Wicked Blush and the VV lippie. I also used Deepener and the Eyebrow in Taupe. This to me is a basic look that I could wear every day and never get tired of. Now I will set about acquiring those.
That was a miracle!!!! The look that you created with LL, VV and wicked sounds so amazing!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Lol!
I'm sure Naked Bronze looked amazing on you
eyelove.gif

I have some sorta similar shades so last night I was swatching the Fétiche palette hoping to talk myself of NB. Crazy
lmao.gif

What's worse is how great the wear on Golden Peach was today lol
It stayed so vibrant and one eye creased minutely and the other not at all.
Oy. Lol
Reminds me of

A friend of mine was very condescending about my makeup purchases initially (and then wanted me to get her an LE MAC lipstick from an insane launch).
Oh, yes!
Thank you AWS! Oh Fétiche is one of my favorite palettes!!!
ohboy.gif
That's some nerve---ood time for her to learn how to stalk & hunt for her own makeup!!!

ashievic

If you are in the States, you may also contact your State Attorney office for consumer issues. That will really make them jump through hoops.
I'm in canada. I made one more email, and will wait a few days. If I get no response, I will call them. If that doesn't yield results, I'll have to call the credit company.
I would think Canada has a consumer division for their version for Providence you are in. Yes, went to college in SD. Spent quite a few weekends in Canada.

meka72

@Awickedshape & @Medgal07, should I admit that I still haven't used the Fetische palette?

I love Pink Glow though! I'm going to try Golden Peach tomorrow.

ashievic

A lot darker and cooler.

I've only ever used Aveda or other non-ammonia-based formulas on my hair. Something with a ton of ammonia in it was used on it, which fried it and literally burned my scalp. Not happy. And not able to at least warm it up.

I'm thinking darker looks are probably my best friend right now- lots of color.
Oh that's just awful Starletta! I hope your scalp is better.
My Mom's good friend, not the one fretting about hungry children over my my Mom's spending on makeup. Hooked her up with some company in CA that makes hair dye specifically for you. You submit a photo (if you want, not required) answer questions about what your concerns. As in having delicate scalp, too brassy, too ash, good gray coverage, how long is your hair, fine, thick, curly, straight, etc. They do an auto send on your time frame. It costs around 20.00 for each one. If you are not happy with results, they will refund your money, alter the product, whatever needs to be done. Have actual customer service that knows their stuff. My Mom runs into the issue every time she found a color dye she really liked, it would be discontinued. Then the goat rodeo of finding a new one. I can ask her the name of the company. Yes, my Mom refuses to drop over 100.00 to have her hair dyed in a salon. I think it is called " e salon" or something like that.

starletta8

My Mom's good friend, not the one fretting about hungry children over my my Mom's spending on makeup. Hooked her up with some company in CA that makes hair dye specifically for you. You submit a photo (if you want, not required) answer questions about what your concerns. As in having delicate scalp, too brassy, too ash, good gray coverage, how long is your hair, fine, thick, curly, straight, etc. They do an auto send on your time frame. It costs around 20.00 for each one. If you are not happy with results, they will refund your money, alter the product, whatever needs to be done. Have actual customer service that knows their stuff. My Mom runs into the issue every time she found a color dye she really liked, it would be discontinued. Then the goat rodeo of finding a new one. I can ask her the name of the company. Yes, my Mom refuses to drop over 100.00 to have her hair dyed in a salon. I think it is called " e salon" or something like that.

Thanks for the recommendation, that sounds awesome.

That said, I have never, nor will I ever, dye at home. This goat rope was in a salon. I have many talents, but doing my own hair is not one of them!

ashievic

I'm trying for the life of me to remember why I passed on Sugar Dune last year. It's fantastic!

Soooo glad it's back for good.
Oh that's really pretty. I shouldn't be looking at cosmetics---I'm supposed to be selecting accessories to go w/my dress for the wedding on Friday night! can you tell my
heart's not in it!!!
sigh.gif
Makeup is the MOST important accessory at all times!!!! Go to bed, you will feel better tomorrow and hopefully will have snapped out of this moment of crazy. When I go to a function, all the dresses look the same, the jewelry the same, it is the makeup I remember!!!! And it is the photos that will be around for years of your face, not the shoes, dress, jewelry you wore.

karlaedith

I went to neiman Marcus today to check if they had GP and the pink glow palette and of course they were already sold out, but they had NB but i didnt buy it, i swatched it on my hand and it really its a beautiful color, the glitter shade is stunning.. And now i want that too, but if i buy it it will be online so i can use my ebates and at the end i only bought a YSL lipstick its called 52 rouge rose, its like a coraly pink, SO pretty and a dior lipstick for my mom, she loves highend makeup but she cannot afford it atm so im gonna keep buying her some makeup whenever i can

ashievic

I am the queen of last minute packing with too many options in case I change my mind. I have a trip coming up in a few weeks where there are too many different weather and dress options-- dreading it. What makeup are you planning?
I'm constructing my makeup list now----it's separate from my general packing list. The wedding is Friday night so I'm focusing on makeup for that first. My dress is black, white and pale lavender, so I can go with a traditional smokey eye or I can play up the softness of the pale lavender in the dress and go with a soft lavender look------taking my TF Lavender Lust quad and my Armani Eye Tint, Shadow which is pale lavender. I'm wearing soft lavender nail polish. I haven't decided on my accessories-----Black patent Louboutin pumps, Black strappy Manolo high heeled sandals or Silver HH Gucci Sandals are what I'm considering. BTW---the dress has long sleeves, a deep vee neckline and a slightly flared skirt.

Beyond that event my wardrobe is pretty casual and colorful so I'll go with nude eyelids and bright coordinating lipsticks as well as a nude lip on a day or two.

​I prefer tons of options and this calm organized demeanor will be out the window by tomorrow night. We leave on Wednesday.
Might want to toss in some gray into the eye look, for some punch or a charcoal gray. The black center shadow with pink/lavender sparkles in the YSL pink sparkle compact might work. I just bought it for the center shadow, the rest of the shadows are just OK.

ashievic

It's a stunner. Trying to justify getting it. I think she picks the color she likes best.
It's way simpler than that--------I'm convinced that on more than one occasion she does -----Eeny meeny miny moe
icon_eek.gif
Or this little piggy went to market????

ashievic

I went to neiman Marcus today to check if they had GP and the pink glow palette and of course they were already sold out, but they had NB but i didnt buy it, i swatched it on my hand and it really its a beautiful color, the glitter shade is stunning.. And now i want that too, but if i buy it it will be online so i can use my ebates and at the end i only bought a YSL lipstick its called 52 rouge rose, its like a coraly pink, SO pretty and a dior lipstick for my mom, she loves highend makeup but she cannot afford it atm so im gonna keep buying her some makeup whenever i can
Your Mama I am sure is proud of you!!! You know you have become an adult when you do things nice for your parent's instead of thinking of ways to torment them!!!!

Latest posts