Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

DH one time left a very pricey camera in a restaurant booth on the seat. Went back about 10 mins later and it was gone. We were there at closing so only the wait staff could have taken it. We were both very po'd. None of the staff had any idea about what we were talking about. Yeah right!
censored.gif

Medgal07

rofl.gif
Yes exactly...stop, drop & roll...don't be takin my glasses
rofl.gif
I love the flippin my hair...of course

Hubs was like...just order another pair & don't sweat it ...& I'm like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I love my old ones man!
Yes---you had already broken them in!!!!

beautycool

My Mom is allergic to metal unless it is stainless steal or 18k gold. I bought her a Kors watch and she got pinhead water blisters within hours under it. Even though it was loose and was like a bracelet. 
enjoy your brush I find my brushes get better after the first wash reshape it with your fingers lay on paper towel and allow it to air down It will be perfect And use a gentle cleanser
Thank you all things glam :) Ash yes I know how you mean about a rash I used to get it That's why I hadn't worn a watch for years and years I have a links of London watch and a guess watch I was ok with the links I think but it had stopped working :( and the guess one was ok but I just didn't like it lol after a while I started turning my nose up lol Anyhow maybe I can get the links working I'm not a watch person but if I had a lovely one I wear it lol Like a tag or omega prob tag though I seen one or two I want Mmmmm they can stay in the shop though as it's about a grand or more :( Hubby don't really wear the omega to work He wear another make or my fossil watch I bought him As with his job his always under seats etc He bought it from the states it was like 1 k cheaper or maybe £500-600 pounds cheaper That why he bought it But was over a grand in uk money I said just buy it lol !!!!!

ashievic

[COLOR=0000FF] A very expensive bracelet fell off my wrist and I didn't notice when it happened but someone saw a hotel employee pick it up. After much hemming on hawing she admitted it but said it wasn't on the premises. I threatened to call the president/CEO of the company if my bracelet didn't make a reappearance within the hour. Miraculously, it did. She liked the bracelet and intended on keeping it. If someone hadn't seen her pick it up I would NEVER have gotten it back.[/COLOR]
Some people have no morals! Glad that you got it back!

DH one time left a very pricey camera in a restaurant booth on the seat. Went back about 10 mins later and it was gone. We were there at closing so only the wait staff could have taken it. We were both very po'd. None of the staff had any idea about what we were talking about. Yeah right!
Karma is a bitch, and time and time again I have seen this actually occur. And these are the one's who are so pissed off!

ashievic

Clarification on the TF germ issue. The case that was sold at Nordie's only several years ago did not have the plastic lining as the McEvoy cases do. It was cloth with no type of covering that could be cleaned. That was the rub. As in powder products left on brushes placed back into the case would leave residue on the fabric too.

Now thinking outside the box. The new MAC disco ball eyeshadows would look really funky if applied over a TF cream eyeshadow. Especially the Black Oyster or Spring 2015. Website on MAC still sucks. I need to find a 3 year old to handle this task for me. I am sure they could whip right through it. Also the disco ball lip gloss would look cool over a TF lipstick, VV comes to mind.

beauteblogueur

Now thinking outside the box. The new MAC disco ball eyeshadows would look really funky if applied over a TF cream eyeshadow. Especially the Black Oyster or Spring 2015. Website on MAC still sucks. I need to find a 3 year old to handle this task for me. I am sure they could whip right through it. Also the disco ball lip gloss would look cool over a TF lipstick, VV comes to mind.
I was thinking the same thing. I loved how the summer TF duo's looked but only got Black Oyster because I already had all the other cream eyeshadows. I think Try Me On with Spring 2015 will be close enough to Midnight Sea, and the purples will look amazing over Black Oyster. Like 2 Watch over Spice maybe? I can't wait to get them all and start trying different combinations.

Shars

Clarification on the TF germ issue. The case that was sold at Nordie's only several years ago did not have the plastic lining as the McEvoy cases do. It was cloth with no type of covering that could be cleaned. That was the rub. As in powder products left on brushes placed back into the case would leave residue on the fabric too.

I can sooo see a lot of them with Black Oyster or Spring 2015. They would be stunning!

Medgal07

I was so pssed off all night that I couldn't sleep
ohboy.gif
I had to go out of town today, but tomorrow I'm going to call the police station & do as you suggested. Thanks doll
friends.gif

I was also bummed out because UPS hasn't been here for 2 days
rofl.gif
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want need something new TF
greengrin.gif
th_cheerup.gif

You're in package withdrawal. I recognize the signs---
lmao.gif
-----cause I'm in withdrawal too!!!
girlhaha.gif
Something had better show up soon!!!!
thud.gif

Medgal07

Good idea Ash----I think I'll do that using some of the glitter shadows in my TF e/s palettes. I need more e/s like I
need a hole in the head--time to tap my stash!!!

Medgal07

So true! I attended a friend's wedding last year and she works for a company that distributes loads of wines and spirits so they sponsored her and gave her minis as gifts for all her guests. Here, people have this (ridiculous) habit of going around the tables and stealing collecting all the wedding favours guests leave behind. So all the mini wine bottles were in gift bags along with a piece of the wedding cake and some thing or another. So I left my clutch, camera case and gift bag on the table next to my friend's gift bag while we went to take pictures. I had my gorgeous Prada sunglasses in the gift bag instead of my clutch because I didn't want my keys to scratch them. Lo and behold, I return from taking pics and my gift bag is gone. Not only did they move my clutch to get access to the gift bag, they didn't even bother to look inside to see I had personal items in it. To this day no one has 'fessed up. Luckily I didn't put my car keys in the gift bag as I had planned. Maybe I should have - then they would definitely have had to return it 'cause I wouldn't have been able to move my car!

Once you keep adding items, it'll keep taking $10 off each $50.

I can sooo see a lot of them with Black Oyster or Spring 2015. They would be stunning!
I so hate that people are such thieves!!!
ohboy.gif
I'm sorry that happened to you and everyone here sharing their
experiences. Really making me mindful to be more careful in the most unlikely environments.
sigh.gif

I'm soooooo going through my TF palettes, most of which have a glitter shadow----I'll be trying this out soon!!!

allthingsglam

I never lost anything expensive myself But my mom lost or better yet it was stolen my diamond tennis bracelet when she borrow it for a trip She took it off and left it in the hotel room it was gone when she went back But it's my mom so what's a girl to do She just not a jewelry or handbag person She once left her handbag at the grocery store went back about 5 minutes later it was gone I feel naked without a handbag I been carrying a bag since I was 10 years old lol People who don't carry handbags everyday when they do They tend to forget they have one I told her just put your wallet in your pocket or something

Prettypackages

So true! I attended a friend's wedding last year and she works for a company that distributes loads of wines and spirits so they sponsored her and gave her minis as gifts for all her guests. Here, people have this (ridiculous) habit of going around the tables and stealing collecting all the wedding favours guests leave behind. So all the mini wine bottles were in gift bags along with a piece of the wedding cake and some thing or another. So I left my clutch, camera case and gift bag on the table next to my friend's gift bag while we went to take pictures. I had my gorgeous Prada sunglasses in the gift bag instead of my clutch because I didn't want my keys to scratch them. Lo and behold, I return from taking pics and my gift bag is gone. Not only did they move my clutch to get access to the gift bag, they didn't even bother to look inside to see I had personal items in it. To this day no one has 'fessed up. Luckily I didn't put my car keys in the gift bag as I had planned. Maybe I should have - then they would definitely have had to return it 'cause I wouldn't have been able to move my car!

Once you keep adding items, it'll keep taking $10 off each $50.

SO wait a minute, the MAC $10 increase with each $50 increment? I did not need to hear that. My friend is trying to convince me to buy a condo instead of spending all this money on an apartment. Or that is her excuse for not taking me out looking since BEFORE memorial day. THankfully I found someone else.
Anyhoo! SHars, I am willing to bet money, they would have taken your bag and car keys. I had my purse stolen. Thankfully my id and cash were in my pocket, but my makeup and car keys were in there. NOt to mention it was a nice coach bag. GONE. THey didn't even have the decency to turn my car keys into the bar or hostess or something. I had one credit card they used. But it was Chase, my money was returned.

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

I bet Naked Bronze would look great on you. AND btw, Did you see my comment about your Tom Ford earrings? Where did you get those? They were so cute!
LOVE, LOVE LOVE Tag watches! LOVEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh wow... no words, but not surprised.

SO wait a minute, the MAC $10 increase with each $50 increment? I did not need to hear that. My friend is trying to convince me to buy a condo instead of spending all this money on an apartment. Or that is her excuse for not taking me out looking since BEFORE memorial day. THankfully I found someone else.

Yes. But since you're saving for a condo I won't elaborate. There will always be makeup!!! It's a good idea, and I wish you much luck in your search for a condo!!!!

KiKi Kontour

I bet Naked Bronze would look great on you. AND btw, Did you see my comment about your Tom Ford earrings? Where did you get those? They were so cute!

lol TF earrings hahahahaha!!! i got those earrings last summer from an online store (and on IG) brown sugar collection. i seen that ig mua iris beilien (im sure i butchered her name) but she wore em n i grabbed a pair! im more of a stud kinda gal but these earrings are dramatic n i love em!

i seen NB pop back up at nordies but im gonna take my chance n wait for the regular pot. im not press for the glitter part of the duo! between the glitter from the palette n golden peach im glittered OUT
thud.gif

Shars

Anyhoo! SHars, I am willing to bet money, they would have taken your bag and car keys. I had my purse stolen. Thankfully my id and cash were in my pocket, but my makeup and car keys were in there. NOt to mention it was a nice coach bag. GONE. THey didn't even have the decency to turn my car keys into the bar or hostess or something. I had one credit card they used. But it was Chase, my money was returned.
Pretty, get your house/apartment girl. You're gonna need space for all this makeup anyways lol. I hope you find something you like soon. Are you moving states or just city/area?

Girl, I'm hoping that they would have felt more guilty had my keys. It wasn't a huge gathering (maybe 50 persons) and it was friends and family of the couple, most of whom I know. Ah well!

At least yours worked out. I hope you didn't have any LE makeup. Sucks about the bag too. Makes you think you should insure more than just your house and contents!

Shars

lol TF earrings hahahahaha!!! i got those earrings last summer from an online store (and on IG) brown sugar collection. i seen that ig mua iris beilien (im sure i butchered her name) but she wore em n i grabbed a pair! im more of a stud kinda gal but these earrings are dramatic n i love em!

i seen NB pop back up at nordies but im gonna take my chance n wait for the regular pot. im not press for the glitter part of the duo! between the glitter from the palette n golden peach im glittered OUT
thud.gif
Iris Beilin! I knew I had seen those earrings before. She is one of my favourite people to follow. I don't understand how somebody can be so beautiful! Her makeup is also so natural and skin like. I really should start watching her videos to see how she does her no makeup makeup looks!

Medgal07

I know. It was more upsetting because it was a small wedding with mostly family and friends so I knew most of the people there. I never assumed the catering staff stole it because I feel they always get the short end of the stick but it just goes to show that even in a familiar environment, you have to be careful!

Yes Meddy. Check out your gorgeous TF glitters. I'm not indulging in the new MAC ones. I have way too many pigments and glitters to justify that since I haven't been using them. Don't want to walk into the law firm with my eyelids blinging in different lights LOL!

Pretty, get your house/apartment girl. You're gonna need space for all this makeup anyways lol. I hope you find something you like soon. Are you moving states or just city/area?

Girl, I'm hoping that they would have felt more guilty had my keys. It wasn't a huge gathering (maybe 50 persons) and it was friends and family of the couple, most of whom I know. Ah well!

At least yours worked out. I hope you didn't have any LE makeup. Sucks about the bag too. Makes you think you should insure more than just your house and contents!
No blinging eyelids at work
ohboy.gif
TBA---I know absolutely nothing about the MAC glitter eyeshadows---haven't been following. Like you, I have enough unused MU as it is!!!

Latest posts