Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

ashievic

My brother recently hired several people. He interviewed a ton. He had the high five, hug it out greeting and good bye's. He had the 1st question wanting to know how much vacation they would get. I don't work on Friday or Monday, dude, since ya know it is party time. The tats going across the forehead for a sale position. I give my brother credit he did ask if this person would consider covering with makeup. The response was why?? Gosh, since it is an offensive symbol, asshole. Is exactly what my brother said.

ashievic

It appears that NM and BG have gone the goofy way of shipping. As in it starts out FedEx then becomes USPS. perhaps it was just an oddity. I will ask today while I am over there. This will change my shopping. I an not happy.....

Medgal07

I'm glad you said that b/c that is what I'm trying to tell my friend. I personallly wrote out a bunch of "extras" I'd have to pay for and kept shaking my head. So I'm definitely aware, and so happy you've confirmed it. And not to mention, I just came from RENTING a townhome and having to take care of all the maintenance stuff b/c it was a family friend. There was a flood and I took care of it, and paid garbage, water, gas, and electricity... So I kinda do want to be able to just call someone to take care of things when it messes up.
You're right Pretty----a lot to think about.
sigh.gif

starletta8

I'm glad you said that b/c that is what I'm trying to tell my friend. I personallly wrote out a bunch of "extras" I'd have to pay for and kept shaking my head. So I'm definitely aware, and so happy you've confirmed it. And not to mention, I just came from RENTING a townhome and having to take care of all the maintenance stuff b/c it was a family friend. There was a flood and I took care of it, and paid garbage, water, gas, and electricity... So I kinda do want to be able to just call someone to take care of things when it messes up.

Plus, if you ever outgrow it or want to move, it's a lot more complicated!

If you have any reservations, you're better off feeding your 401K/IRA/other retirement account the difference in what you think a mortgage would count until you're sure. It's a really scary commitment. For me, putting myself that far in debt as a single person almost made me sick upon signing on the dotted line. Although it's rarely done (staying in a place), I know I'll be able to pay it off prior to retirement. That made it much easier. I actually plan to pay it off way before then and find a larger place, renting the condo out (I could be +$500 each month at current rental rates even factoring in mortgage, taxes, HOA, and 10% for general maintenance). But it's something that you have to be absolutely sure about. Having little other debt was critical in my mind.

And just my financial planning advice: I'd be sure to have 6 months' mortgage in the bank before buying in case of a period of unemployment if you're considering this as a single person on one income. Makes life a lot easier. If you've got a 2-income household, it's always easier if you can pull off payments from one income alone. But I grew up in a very fiscally conservative household.

Back to being totally un-fiscally conservative: I've declared myself on a low buy because I'm running out of room for storage. Tom Ford doesn't really count since I've dedicated a large drawer just to TF (other entire drawers are lip products, all base/blush/highlighter/bronzer/finishing powders).
girlhaha.gif

starletta8

*Raises hand waving frantically----me. I completely used two EL highlighters, both of which I had also backed up----I've hit pan on both backups and have a second
backup of each left. I've also totally used a MAC Carbon eyeshadow---the good formula. In all honestly though, I agree that MOST backups do go unused.

*Raises hand*

I finish about 5-10 lipsticks a year, 3-5 eyeshadows a year, 1-2 finishing powders, 1-2 blushes a year.

meka72

I apologize if it has been mentioned but a really nice SA at Nordstrom let me look at the items that will on sale during the Anniversary Sale. TF will have Lips & Boys trio (Item # 1120524) for $96, which will include Flynne, Giacamo and Alejandro. Just FYI.

allthingsglam

Swatched my Nudestix Golden eye pencil, TF Naked Bronze glitter shadow, Nudestix Bronze eye pencil and TF Naked Bronze cream shadow and ended up using TF NB with Bronze in the crease
cbeba19c_2015-06-1215.22.25.jpeg
55ed759e_20150612_062631.jpeg
loveeeee
f588da32_image.jpeg
Did I get a surprise today my box finally came from my friends in us These are all my tom ford lipsticks I was collecting at hers :) Love them all the boys made it home !!!!!️ Loving stavros cannot get over the unique of it I mean I haven't got a lipstick like it !!!! Flynn and Peter are brill I'm loving Flynn better than Peter Peter is from the metallic group is that right I don't know it's got this some sort of shimmer to it not sure could be just me lol I'm useless with finishes unless I know Mmmm also the rose soleil came it's very diff to the usual tom ford lipsticks ( I know it's not a lipstick lol like the others ) but I'm just saying the end bit is diffrent Very square lol I put it on today and gave me some colour on my lips do that's good :) thought it wa going to be sheer very sheer but isn't Omg the creme blush love it I love it on my cheeks I love it on my lips :))) I haven't used it with a brush yet !!!! I will be bk in morning it's very late here 1 am x Night night x
enjoy enjoy
6ecbcfc5_image.jpeg
Hi all and I have the creme blush :) Came yesterday too in my lovely box I had phoned duty free yesterday and oh my gosh they have everything still left of the collection Everything I said to my hubby please go there and get me my few last items I'm wanting lol Three lippys lol and eyeshadow one pot He turned round and said duty free what duty free I don't remember how to get there lmao I was like what the hell !!!!! Anyhows I don't expect him to buy me anything lol I have enough now and it's so expensive
0a9ea617_image.jpeg
That's all my soleil coll ATM I really want to back that palette up So badly lol!!!!
awwwwww your husband is so sweet Happy wife Happy life Enjoy enjoy

Medgal07

I apologize if it has been mentioned but a really nice SA at Nordstrom let me look at the items that will on sale during the Anniversary Sale. TF will have Lips & Boys trio (Item # 1120524) for $96, which will include Flynne, Giacamo and Alejandro. Just FYI.
pompom.gif
Thanks for sharing that Meka!!!!!

Medgal07

*Raises hand*

I finish about 5-10 lipsticks a year, 3-5 eyeshadows a year, 1-2 finishing powders, 1-2 blushes a year.
That's really good---I haven't FINISHED a lipstick in more than 10 years----Product Overload!!!!!
sigh.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

The only lipsticks I almost finished is Mac riri nude and guerlain caramel
Good for you Glammy---I LOVE caramel---I would have eaten that Guerlain lippie!!!!
lol.gif

Shars

First I'm hearing of it. I wanted Alejandro but don't really care for the other 2. Thanks for letting us know.

Shars

Was putting those three together a that a bit risky ?
Except for Alejandro, they aren't even the popular ones that sold like hot cakes. Alejandro is supposed to be Smoke Red and Smoke Red often pops up in the CCOs for the same price as the boys.