Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

awickedshape

Swatched my Nudestix Golden eye pencil, TF Naked Bronze glitter shadow, Nudestix Bronze eye pencil and TF Naked Bronze cream shadow and ended up using TF NB with Bronze in the crease
cbeba19c_2015-06-1215.22.25.jpeg
55ed759e_20150612_062631.jpeg

Shars

No blinging eyelids at work
ohboy.gif
TBA---I know absolutely nothing about the MAC glitter eyeshadows---haven't been following. Like you, I have enough unused MU as it is!!!
It wasn't a very promoted collection. It's some Disco themed collection. Some of them seem to be very pretty but they look like shadows you have to see in person to appreciate. Money saved *kanye shrug*.

beautycool

f588da32_image.jpeg
Did I get a surprise today my box finally came from my friends in us These are all my tom ford lipsticks I was collecting at hers :) Love them all the boys made it home !!!!!️ Loving stavros cannot get over the unique of it I mean I haven't got a lipstick like it !!!! Flynn and Peter are brill I'm loving Flynn better than Peter Peter is from the metallic group is that right I don't know it's got this some sort of shimmer to it not sure could be just me lol I'm useless with finishes unless I know Mmmm also the rose soleil came it's very diff to the usual tom ford lipsticks ( I know it's not a lipstick lol like the others ) but I'm just saying the end bit is diffrent Very square lol I put it on today and gave me some colour on my lips do that's good :) thought it wa going to be sheer very sheer but isn't Omg the creme blush love it I love it on my cheeks I love it on my lips :))) I haven't used it with a brush yet !!!! I will be bk in morning it's very late here 1 am x Night night x

starletta8

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

SO wait a minute, the MAC $10 increase with each $50 increment? I did not need to hear that. My friend is trying to convince me to buy a condo instead of spending all this money on an apartment. Or that is her excuse for not taking me out looking since BEFORE memorial day. THankfully I found someone else.

It's a good investment, but it's way more expensive than you think. It's honestly (for me) more expensive than an apartment once HOA/maintenance issues are budgeted in. It took me a full 18 months (and 2 raises) before I could start buying anything other than drugstore makeup again.

ashievic

Oh my, there must a very serious virus going around. As in thinking one has ENOUGH makeup!!!! Next side effect of this will thinking one had enough shoes!!!!!!

ashievic

No blinging eyelids at work
ohboy.gif
TBA---I know absolutely nothing about the MAC glitter eyeshadows---haven't been following. Like you, I have enough unused MU as it is!!!

It wasn't a very promoted collection. It's some Disco themed collection. Some of them seem to be very pretty but they look like shadows you have to see in person to appreciate. Money saved *kanye shrug*.
They are something fun, and different. No not everyday wear. But the colors are so cool, and change with the light. I was in grammar school in the 90's. I remember making my Mom crimp my hair, then spraying a ton of hair spray all over it. Yes, my hair was always been long. Back then, I had yet to have my 1st hair cut. Then I got little zits on my forehead. My Mom said it was the hairspray!!! Since I had to have the dip and wave flip for the front section of my hair.

ashievic

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

SO wait a minute, the MAC $10 increase with each $50 increment? I did not need to hear that. My friend is trying to convince me to buy a condo instead of spending all this money on an apartment. Or that is her excuse for not taking me out looking since BEFORE memorial day. THankfully I found someone else.

It's a good investment, but it's way more expensive than you think. It's honestly (for me) more expensive than an apartment once HOA/maintenance issues are budgeted in. It took me a full 18 months (and 2 raises) before I could start buying anything other than drugstore makeup again.
HOA's are such a pain. It is not usual you pay more in HOA fees then your actual mortgage. Then you have the dumb rules, as what color flowers you can have, the type and where you may plant a bush. Or the color of your house. Or how many creatures you are allowed and the weight limit of the animal. Then it gets confusing when the village or whatever you live, has different rules. My father deals with this daily. As in why does house 2 blocks over have 4 dogs, there is a limit??? Then my father explains it is your HOA that has this restriction, not the village. If you do not reside within the HOA area, then you can do what you want. Or when it snows and their streets are private. They call the village screaming why are their streets not plowed??? Again call your HOA, it is not a village problem.

Medgal07

Glad you made it through Starletta!!! Do you feel better about your investment now?

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   Oh nice AWS....I really like that eye pencil too!!![/COLOR]    [COLOR=0000FF]You mean this one[/COLOR]:dunno:   :cheer: [COLOR=0000FF] NICE!!!!  Enjoy BC!!!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    Glad you made it through Starletta!!!   Do you feel better about your investment now?[/COLOR]
[@]elegant-one[/@] and I got a few Nudestix products :-D

starletta8

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07

Glad you made it through Starletta!!! Do you feel better about your investment now?

Most days, yes. I do miss being able to call the property management to fix items for free, and I'm still stuck in a less-than-ideal neighbor situation. (Ironically, I'd have more rights if I was a renter!)

As much as I love my makeup, there are times I stand back and think "oh dear, that's the new countertops I need just in that fraction of my nail polish collection" and other scary thoughts like that from time to time.

Medgal07

Most days, yes. I do miss being able to call the property management to fix items for free, and I'm still stuck in a less-than-ideal neighbor situation. (Ironically, I'd have more rights if I was a renter!)

As much as I love my makeup, there are times I stand back and think "oh dear, that's the new countertops I need just in that fraction of my nail polish collection" and other scary thoughts like that from time to time.
thmbup.gif

Prettypackages

I'm glad you said that b/c that is what I'm trying to tell my friend. I personallly wrote out a bunch of "extras" I'd have to pay for and kept shaking my head. So I'm definitely aware, and so happy you've confirmed it. And not to mention, I just came from RENTING a townhome and having to take care of all the maintenance stuff b/c it was a family friend. There was a flood and I took care of it, and paid garbage, water, gas, and electricity... So I kinda do want to be able to just call someone to take care of things when it messes up.

beautycool

6ecbcfc5_image.jpeg
Hi all and I have the creme blush :) Came yesterday too in my lovely box I had phoned duty free yesterday and oh my gosh they have everything still left of the collection Everything I said to my hubby please go there and get me my few last items I'm wanting lol Three lippys lol and eyeshadow one pot He turned round and said duty free what duty free I don't remember how to get there lmao I was like what the hell !!!!! Anyhows I don't expect him to buy me anything lol I have enough now and it's so expensive
0a9ea617_image.jpeg
That's all my soleil coll ATM I really want to back that palette up So badly lol!!!!

beautycool

323dd1ab_image.jpeg
My haul in the USA that my friend posted me back I'm so glad I managed to get that urban decay palette as that was in the restock again at ulta earlier this year phewww!!!!

beautycool

Also stating he is willing to learn and is excited for new opportunities for him to engage in. Will be flexible and willing to fill other shifts if need be. Transportation will not be an issue. Make sure he is dressed well, clean shaven (facial hair is OK, it is 12:00 shadow, not a good thing), hair comb. Personal grooming habits speak volumes for any job interview. Speak clearly and do not call the interviewer "Dude" or "What's up"
Hi Hun thanks for that advise lol But my boy has been bought up proper and don't speak like that Dude or what's up lol I mean dude ain't a word here in the uk I mean it's used a little but not as much here lol And besides that he don't use other words such as man !!!!!! Etc he knows he get a clip round the ear Sorry but not allowed in my book We are English and I wasn't bought up like that I know times have changed but my gosh If he ever used words like that I be clipping him round ear lol I don't even allow him to wear caps in house I don't like it He don't wear the lairy ones either Like all diff colours lol You know the new era caps it's like one colour or not at all I don't like the way teens dress now a days So I make sure he dresses ok and not loud Thanks for tips Hun :))) but I always make sure his clean shaven for anything massive Or even college everyday lol that's just the way I am His special needs gets in way sometimes for personal hygiene but I'm always saying to him about this n that so then he does it So yer I don't take no shite and I don't have him talking to me like a piece of shite bevase if he did he be out on his ear and he knows it No wonder the teens are like the way they are these days parents don't give two hoots That's why they are like they are !!!!!

ashievic

As for makeup backups, really how many of us have ever truly hit the pan and had nothing left??? When it comes to not the basic stuff. I still have stuff back when I was in college, even high school. How did your son's interview go??? Yes, when I hear the manner in which teens speak to their parent's today. I don't have the balls to speak to my parent's even as a middle aged adult!!!! Now that I hit 35!!!!

Latest posts