Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

GreenEyedAllie

Well crap! Hey, try Egon again with just a light application on your lower lip & smoosh them together. Its really pretty on my lips like this - makes my lips a very pretty pale mauve.

Did I miss your swatch of Egon? I'm very curious about him...grey makes me skittish, though.

Haven

Yep, tried on my new ones and I'm not loving the metallic either. For some reason I get a Barbie pink effect that turns the color on my bottom lip with Malik and Daniel. Egon....looks very grey on me. So I'm not loving this set. My faves are Jake and Eric. And I am very excited to say I typed this on my desktop using IE11 and had no typing problems! Still need my iPad to be able to use emojis but that I can live with.

I find that I need to add pink to Egon to make it look it's best on me. I have been using a pink liner.

i can't use a desktop to post on here. I must type fast bc using the desktop I get a jumbled mess of letters.

elegant-one

i will let you know. I am worried that it is going to be "frost city."

btw any suggestions on how to use my sephora gc? I am still not sure what to get.

Ugh, I hope Ansel isn't overly frosty. I wonder why TF went with the frost look :doh:

Givenchy, Armani, Dior. I never seem to have that problem with trying to figure out what to buy lol.

maeonsaturday

I am a little disappointed at this batch of Lips and Boys. :( So many metallic colors that did not work or felt so dry to apply. Even the SA said she felt the same.

Super surprised Drake did not work on me, but after trying out most of them (sorry, lips), I chose Alex, Xavier, Joaquin. Love. LOVE these. They were among the first few I shortlisted at the counter and chose rather quickly then the rest of the shades just went downhill from there. One of these 3 shades I could NOT remove with any stubborn mascara remover though. I swiped and swiped and swiped with so many different ones, and none worked. I still have a stain left over as I am typing this!

ETA: Hahhaha I just noticed my receipt and it's printed:

TF LIPS AND BOYS RASPBERRY
TF LIPS AND BOYS HOT CHERRY
TF LIPS AND BOYS ZERO IER

Ehhh??? LOL.

Last edited:

elegant-one

I am a little disappointed at this batch of Lips and Boys. :( So many metallic colors that did not work or felt so dry to apply. Even the SA said she felt the same.

Super surprised Drake did not work on me, but after trying out most of them (sorry, lips), I chose Alex, Xavier, Joaquin. Love. LOVE these. They were among the first few I shortlisted at the counter and chose rather quickly then the rest of the shades just went downhill from there. One of these 3 shades I could NOT remove with any stubborn mascara remover though. I swiped and swiped and swiped with so many different ones, and none worked. I still have a stain left over as I am typing this!

ETA: Hahhaha I just noticed my receipt and it's printed:

TF LIPS AND BOYS RASPBERRY
TF LIPS AND BOYS HOT CHERRY
TF LIPS AND BOYS ZERO IER

Ehhh??? LOL.

What do you think about Joaquin? I may get that one too.

That's funny about the receipt!

maeonsaturday

What do you think about Joaquin? I may get that one too.

That's funny about the receipt!

I highly recommend it! I'm guessing this is the "raspberry" color, hahaha. It is a …well, "raspberry" shade with pink sparkles, subtle when on the lips. My SA said it looked "glam". I see it as a more subdued glam haha.

I think this was the shade that did not budge with the fiercest makeup removers though. I could not remove it completely and only noticed it was gone when I woke up the next day. My SA told me, with this batch, not to go with swatches on my hand because they look completely different on the lips and she was absolutely right!

elegant-one

I highly recommend it! I'm guessing this is the "raspberry" color, hahaha. It is a …well, "raspberry" shade with pink sparkles, subtle when on the lips. My SA said it looked "glam". I see it as a more subdued glam haha.

I think this was the shade that did not budge with the fiercest makeup removers though. I could not remove it completely and only noticed it was gone when I woke up the next day. My SA told me, with this batch, not to go with swatches on my hand because they look completely different on the lips and she was absolutely right!

Sounds perfect, thanks! I love raspberry shades.

Haven

Did anyone get Alex?

Haven...did you get your Ansel??? I need to know if its toooo frosty.

Got ansel. Very pretty base color but yes it is on the frosty side. Noticeably frosty on me but not ridiculously frosty. It is not my favorite, but I can work with it. Saw that you ordered Joaquin. Got that one as well. Haven't tried it yet.

I prefer jake over ansel on me.

elegant-one

Got ansel. Very pretty base color but yes it is on the frosty side. Noticeably frosty on me but not ridiculously frosty. It is not my favorite, but I can work with it. Saw that you ordered Joaquin. Got that one as well. Haven't tried it yet.

I prefer jake over ansel on me.

Ok hun, I think I will get Jake. Winthrop really loved that one too. Thanks

Winthrop44

No new info yet? Aren't the quads coming out the first week in January or am I mistaken?

There is info about the new quads, cream shadows (a couple new ones plus re-releases), and other items releasing end of Jan on the Sephora forum.

Also on there @elegant-one is a lip swatch of Ansel. Jake is like the cuter brother of Forbidden Pink.

Winthrop44

I find that I need to add pink to Egon to make it look it's best on me. I have been using a pink liner.

i can't use a desktop to post on here. I must type fast bc using the desktop I get a jumbled mess of letters.

I had typing problems early on, they seemed to be resolved but now they are back for me on and off. They are REALLY bad in PMs.

Latest posts