Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Haven

@elegant, here is a swatch of Afternooner bronzer (bottom/left) and Golden Rinse (top/right). I think on me it almost has reddish tones...weird that it looks yellow on you. This is artificial bathroom lighting, so I'm sure they look more different in sunlight but still close on me.

View attachment 53244

The bronzer has reddish tones on my skin as well.

Winthrop44

Ugh! It looked fairly orangey on me too when I first applied it, then it turns the coral red :hmm: I was wondering too what my lips would look like with RAM on. Seems like I'm 99% unhappy with those shades when I try them on.

Most descriptions I've read are along the lines of warm peachy beige, so I am going to pass.

Haven

Did you get any of the lipsticks Haven?

I got les mepris, otranto, and pipa. Love all three. :sunshine:

I have to use a very light hand with les mepris, or I look sort of crazy too.

I have a few more sitting in my Sephora cart waiting for the sale. I am still debating about them, but they will probably mysteriously go out of stock once the sale starts.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I have a few more sitting in my Sephora cart waiting for the sale. I am still debating about them, but they will probably mysteriously go out of stock once the sale starts.

I'm dying for lip swatches of otranto. I'm definitely getting pipa.

Winthrop44

That sounds great to me lol
But I know it'll end up pink on me :/

Okay AWS, stop bragging about those lips of yours that I want that turn everything pink!! Grrrrr

Here are the Moisturecores on Sabrina:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/20...ction-moisturecore-lipcolor.html#comment-form

For whatever reason that I can't figure out Chanel Suzy, which Christine mentions as a dupe of Les Mepris, is much more wearable on me. I think I may get Pipa too.

Last edited:

elegant-one

That sounds great to me lol
But I know it'll end up pink on me :/

I NEED your lips!!!

Okay AWS, stop bragging about those lips of yours that I want that turn everything pink!! Grrrrr

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/20...ction-moisturecore-lipcolor.html#comment-form

For whatever reason that I can't figure out Chanel Suzy, which Christine mentions as a dupe of Les Mepris, is much more wearable on me. I think I may get Pipa too.

LOL! Same thoughts. Off to look at the swatches - thanks!

awickedshape

I NEED your lips!!!

LOL! Same thoughts. Off to look at the swatches - thanks!

Seriously, girl has no shame! Haha! ;)

Thanks for the link. That has sealed it for Pipa and Otranto for me!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
:tiptoe:

Haven

Haven, is Otranto as pretty on as it looks in pics?
Otranto is very pretty!

BTW if you are impatient like me there is a ten percent off Sephora code active right now. Just ordered solar affair and Aphrodite. I have no self control :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Haven

Her lip swatches of pipa and otranto are very similar to what these shades look like on me.
I don't have her perfectly shaped lips though LOL

Last edited:

elegant-one

Otranto is very pretty!

BTW if you are impatient like me there is a ten percent off Sephora code active right now. Just ordered solar affair and Aphrodite. I have no self control :icon_cheers:

Hahaha...yes, I'm AM like you! NONE self control LOL! I don't have that code, but I've placed several orders in the last 2 days & just did another like 5 minutes ago. Thanks!

Icecaramellatte

I made a purchase! The Afternooner and the new shade in the creme blush! I liked more than I thought but I exercised some restraint. I liked Purple Noon and Pipa and Cala something. I liked one other lip color but I can't remember the name. I swatched Temptation Waits but it didn't scream summer to me so I skipped it. I may get it at some point though. The SA advised me to use the creme brush for the blush. How did she know that it was on my list? I think I may go back for it this week. Oh and I like the new shade in the bronzer but I'm undecided on the large or small size.

Shars

I made a purchase! The Afternooner and the new shade in the creme blush! I liked more than I thought but I exercised some restraint. I liked Purple Noon and Pipa and Cala something. I liked one other lip color but I can't remember the name. I swatched Temptation Waits but it didn't scream summer to me so I skipped it. I may get it at some point though. The SA advised me to use the creme brush for the blush. How did she know that it was on my list? I think I may go back for it this week. Oh and I like the new shade in the bronzer but I'm undecided on the large or small size.

Do you think the new bronzer is dark enough for us browner folk? I've been eyeing it but thinking I should just stick to Guerlain's Ebony one.

Latest posts