Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Icecaramellatte

I need to spend my Sephora gift card before it expires. I think I should get a lip foil. I have Seadragon. Should I get Aperture or Spanish Flame?

Icecaramellatte

Thanks guys. I went with Aperture. I figured it would work. Spanish Flame reminds me of one of the summer lipsticks plus I was worried that if it doesn't work, I'll lose my $25 off. Aperture was a safer bet. I'll probably get Spanish Flame at a later date though. Aperture is due to arrive tomorrow.

Mizani

has anyone tried new velvet orchid lumiere?

Have you gotten a chance to try it yet, Monsy? :)

At the last minute I saw that this perfume had been launched. Hadn't even heard of it. And wouldn't you know MACY's was having that $10 off every $50 on beauty so I *HAD* to take advantage of it. LOL! I think that the original Velvet Orchid smells okay so I am hoping this will be better. I got it for myself for Christmas so I can't open it til Christmas. Can't wait to be surprised and I hope I like it!

I also got the accompanying lotion but that one is only called Velvet Orchid so I assume it will smell like original. I just find it funny cause it seemed to launch with the Lumiere so I assumed it would smell like that one.

Winthrop44

Thanks guys. I went with Aperture. I figured it would work. Spanish Flame reminds me of one of the summer lipsticks plus I was worried that if it doesn't work, I'll lose my $25 off. Aperture was a safer bet. I'll probably get Spanish Flame at a later date though. Aperture is due to arrive tomorrow.

Did Spanish Flame remind you of Pink Dune by any chance? I lost my Pink Dune and would love a replacement.

Icecaramellatte

Did Spanish Flame remind you of Pink Dune by any chance? I lost my Pink Dune and would love a replacement.

Thanks for this question. It made me pull out my TF white case lipsticks. I think it just might be Pink Dune I was thinking of. Well, I'll find out soon enough. I needed a new eyeliner duo so I couldn't resist adding Spanish Flame to my cart. Aperture came yesterday. I love it. It looks more plummy on my lips than I thought it would. I only did one swipe though. Maybe it builds up more bronze. It is not as plummy as Sea Dragon though. I think I'll end up with them all.

Icecaramellatte

I'm not sure how to answer this. I tried Spanish Flame when I got it and thought it was much cooler toned on me than it looked in the tube. I just now tried Pink Dune on one lip and Spanish Flame on the other and they do look a lot alike. However, the finish is so different. Spanish Flame is more opaque and more metallic. I just looked on Pink Dune's tube and it says transparent on the label.

Winthrop44

I'm not sure how to answer this. I tried Spanish Flame when I got it and thought it was much cooler toned on me than it looked in the tube. I just now tried Pink Dune on one lip and Spanish Flame on the other and they do look a lot alike. However, the finish is so different. Spanish Flame is more opaque and more metallic. I just looked on Pink Dune's tube and it says transparent on the label.

Thanks, that's a big help. I'm just not sure I can pull off more metallic.

TraceyMc

Any news/photos of what Tom has coming out for us makeup lovers in Spring 17 , anything exciting , new palettes ?

peanut

Any news/photos of what Tom has coming out for us makeup lovers in Spring 17 , anything exciting , new palettes ?

The SA at a boutique that recently got TF a couple weeks ago said they'll be all new blushes for spring. I'm taking that with a grain of salt because I don't find this particular boutique to be that knowledgeable about their products in general. But I'm kind of hoping it's true!

Latest posts