UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

pnfpn

I'm a bit new to MAC releases a s in I've never bought anything LE from them, will it be in store too?

toobusytostitch

I think it's just plain rude! As I said to the woman on the YSL counter, why would I wear make-up when shopping for make-up? Especially when it's foundation/concealer related? There's no point, they'd only have to take it off to match me anyway. I may even start complaining to management to be honest - I'm sick of being looked at as if I'm not worth their time because I'm not dressed to the 9's and what not whenever I go in. I have health issues myself, my mother has them and I care for her -- do they really think my top priority is to make sure I'm dressed super nice to go to a make-up counter when I have a few moments to myself? Meh -- I'm on a rage today, completely annoyed. Lol.

Thank you! The REN products & Boots stuff all look great. I refuse to use them until I get the Pixi Glow Tonic though -- I hope they call me soon because I'm dying to try everything out, lol!

Aw yay! I'm glad you like everything! One thing I don't buy is gloss - I just hate gloss. I like the way it looks but usually it ends up in my hair somehow which just frustrates me so I don't bother with it, lol. I'm definitely a lipstick girl! The only gloss I have and love is my MAC Kissable Lip Colour in Woo Me. Nail polishes though - now those are love! Lol!

Aw thank you. I appreciate it. I just stupidly watched a Liver Biopsy on YouTube - I officially am freaked out, lol.
Good for you. I've always been too much of a coward to say anything, but it does so annoy me when they do that. Sometimes I've been walking back through town after getting the children to school - believe me, my face often has to take a second place when it comes to choosing between it and the children's packed lunches!! Nowadays I'm back to work as well as having the packed lunches, so I get up at the crack of dawn to get bathed/made-up etc; and I go shopping for makeup when I'm in town doing the banking. It's amazing how much better I get treated. One day I was in Boots with my (then) seventeen year old - I was horrified at how the assistants followed her around to check she wasn't stealing anything! No reason that a young person has to be a thief.

Anitacska

My two Debenhams orders have arrived. No Mac, just Guerlain. I also picked up the Terra Nerolia bronzer from Waitrose, plus my new Zoya polishes came today too. Terra Nerolia is quite a bit darker than I thought it would be, but it doesn't really matte as it's still very pretty. Chances are I won't even use it anyway, hahaha!

jennyap

My MAC order arrived this morning and I am so in love with Flamingo and Royal Sunset blush, they were made for each other!
love.gif
Mine came too, wasn't expecting that as last time I looked (ie yesterday) it was still showing as in warehouse. I agree, these are a perfect pairing
heart.gif

PeachTwist

Good for you. I've always been too much of a coward to say anything, but it does so annoy me when they do that. Sometimes I've been walking back through town after getting the children to school - believe me, my face often has to take a second place when it comes to choosing between it and the children's packed lunches!! Nowadays I'm back to work as well as having the packed lunches, so I get up at the crack of dawn to get bathed/made-up etc; and I go shopping for makeup when I'm in town doing the banking. It's amazing how much better I get treated. One day I was in Boots with my (then) seventeen year old - I was horrified at how the assistants followed her around to check she wasn't stealing anything! No reason that a young person has to be a thief.
Thanks. I used to be - to be honest I wish I'd said something to the woman on EL herself but I was in a rush that day so didn't bother. At least I made it known to someone eventually though, and chances are she knew who I was on about which is good. It really is amazing the difference that make-up and nicer clothes can do to how someone is treated, which is just disgusting. I've always vowed that one day if I win the lottery, I'll go into a store somewhere looking my absolute worst where I know they get commission and whoever treats me the best will get my massive purchase. Solely as a lesson for people to not judge someone based on appearance.

I can't believe they followed her around! I would have complained.

Alisha1

Yup! I either don't wear any at all or I wear a full face - it's one or the other. You're right though - if only they knew how much we owned, they'd soon wise up and be polite. They could make a lot of money out of us. I'll probably purchase from YSL again because that lady was so great and she will always have my business. Good CS goes a long way.

I wish I could get into gloss - it's just bleh for me. It also doesn't help I'm a smoker (and currently trying to quit) -- lip products go all over them which is nasty. Then again, so is smoking.. hence the trying to quit, lol. Nail Polish is one of those things that I always want more of - same as eye shadow. I could have one similar but still need the one that's ever so slightly different. But because I don't do my nails often enough I can't justify purchasing most of the time. 2 Alex drawer fulls though is enough for me for now, lol!

Hopefully they will. I love the fact that LookFantastic sent a free set of RT brushes in my order as a free gift. I now have 2 sets of the Core Collection - only got the 1st set last week, lol! Not complaining though - 2 buffing brushes and 2 contour brushes will come in handy!
Good luck with quitting smoking! I like the RS contour brush it's my favourite RS brush

I bought the Estee Lauder Highlighter Gelee from the summer collection yesterday as I had £5 on my HoF reward card - I've bought so much makeup this month :/

pnfpn

This will be in MAC stores, and all MAC counters as well as online. :)
Cheers! Still wondering if I want to bother with the blushes in the collection. I've heard they're very sheer ;/ I'm in the market for an orangey/peach/coral blush though. I only have the coral one from MeMeMe and I don't like it much.

PeachTwist

Thank you! :)
Cheers! Still wondering if I want to bother with the blushes in the collection. I've heard they're very sheer ;/ I'm in the market for an orangey/peach/coral blush though. I only have the coral one from MeMeMe and I don't like it much.

toobusytostitch

My two Debenhams orders have arrived. No Mac, just Guerlain. I also picked up the Terra Nerolia bronzer from Waitrose, plus my new Zoya polishes came today too. Terra Nerolia is quite a bit darker than I thought it would be, but it doesn't really matte as it's still very pretty. Chances are I won't even use it anyway, hahaha!
I've just been to collect mine - it was there yesterday, but I ended up spending yesterday afternoon at the dentist waiting for an appointment as part of a tooth broke at lunch time
icon_eek.gif

I agree - it is darker than I thought, but so very pretty - and it smells wonderful too! Very impressed with Click and Collect at Waitrose - this won't be my last order from John Lewis. I was surprised at the 20% price match, as the product's an exclusive. I guess they did it as there was 20% off all Guerlain somewhere - not complaining mind
yahoo.gif

toobusytostitch

Thanks. I used to be - to be honest I wish I'd said something to the woman on EL herself but I was in a rush that day so didn't bother. At least I made it known to someone eventually though, and chances are she knew who I was on about which is good. It really is amazing the difference that make-up and nicer clothes can do to how someone is treated, which is just disgusting. I've always vowed that one day if I win the lottery, I'll go into a store somewhere looking my absolute worst where I know they get commission and whoever treats me the best will get my massive purchase. Solely as a lesson for people to not judge someone based on appearance.

I can't believe they followed her around! I would have complained.
I should have done really - I did mention it to the nice Clarins lady, who did sympathise - hopefully she said something.

nikou

I've just been to collect mine - it was there yesterday, but I ended up spending yesterday afternoon at the dentist waiting for an appointment as part of a tooth broke at lunch time
icon_eek.gif

I agree - it is darker than I thought, but so very pretty - and it smells wonderful too! Very impressed with Click and Collect at Waitrose - this won't be my last order from John Lewis. I was surprised at the 20% price match, as the product's an exclusive. I guess they did it as there was 20% off all Guerlain somewhere - not complaining mind
yahoo.gif
It was at house of fraser :)

Anitacska

Interestingly by the time the bronzer appeared on JL, HoF had finished the 20% off offer, plus they never had that bronzer, but like Viv, I couldn't complain really! I also really liked the Waitrose collection, my only complaint is that there's a Waitrose in my town, but it's not part of the C&C program, so I had to go to the one in the next village. Oh well, 10 minutes it took, so still not a big issue.

It was at house of fraser :)

jennyap

Looks like there has been a mini restock of AAO, Tart & Trendy and all the blushes are in stock again. (Razzledazzler and Neon Orange too, but I don't think either of those sold out)

duku

Interestingly by the time the bronzer appeared on JL, HoF had finished the 20% off offer, plus they never had that bronzer, but like Viv, I couldn't complain really! I also really liked the Waitrose collection, my only complaint is that there's a Waitrose in my town, but it's not part of the C&C program, so I had to go to the one in the next village. Oh well, 10 minutes it took, so still not a big issue.
The Waitrose near me does C&C but it's listed under east London instead of north, so strange! Maybe they've put yours in Kent or something.

Anitacska

Nope, not in Kent either, lol! It is a new and fairly small Waitrose, so maybe that's why. It doesn't matter, the other one really isn't far at all. :)

The Waitrose near me does C&C but it's listed under east London instead of north, so strange! Maybe they've put yours in Kent or something.

Latest posts