UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

PeachTwist

I only stalk HoF for student discount which is really handy. I swear they only stock 12 or less of each item though..
I wanted HJ to be more honey coloured but I feel its like every orange peach we've seen so many times before.
Flamingo is gorgeous, I haven't even got it but I'm expecting I'll like it and want a back up so I might buy an extra one.
My issue is that I have an addiction buying lipsticks but I don't really wear them that much or have the confidence. A lot of people see me with no make up and they'd be shocked if they saw me with a bright lip! That needs to change before all my current lipsticks go off :p

I
I find if you fake the confidence, eventually you get so used to it you actually have it -- it's what I did when I first started wearing bright lipstick, now I don't care if people are shocked or dislike it etc!

PeachTwist

I so identify with this!! I am being sorely tempted by those gorgeous orange lipsticks - orange is the colour of most of my favourite lipsticks! Luckily all sold out on MAC, so not tempted at the moment, but temptation will re-appear when they are re-released elsewhere
icon_eek.gif
. I like the blushes too, but not enough to actually buy them at the moment.
Yup! I think I'm probably just going to stick with Flamingo lipstick, but a couple of the others have caught my eye. The issue is whether or not I'd actually wear them. I bought RS & HJ as I already had IF, couldn't resist.. so hopefully I'll get some good use out of them. The only one I slightly worry about is HJ.

PeachTwist

I'm glad you like the Touche Eclat foundation! The shade range is very impressive and when I went to try it the lady at Boots was really nice as well but when I went to purchase the foundation she wasn't there which I felt bad about but they had a GWP going and there was only one left :/ lol

I'm not sure about which bag lol I want one that's big and sturdy enough for all my books so I was thinking about Longchamp, I can't spend that much on it though and tbh I only have one designer bag from Marc By Marc Jacobs lol and as for shoes I have a crazy amount of pairs some of which I haven't even worn :/ lol When I had a spending break from makeup my money went on shoes ;) lol
It's always nice when you find a nice sales lady. The one at EL a couple weeks ago -- I'd accidentally bought the wrong shade concealer online and went in store to just exchange it when running errands. My hair was a mess, no make-up on and clothes just basic like a hoodie etc and she barely even said hello. She asked what I wanted, took it from me, gave me the other one and said nothing else. Couldn't believe it. :/

Ah see, I've never really bothered with bags. I got a new one for Xmas from Debenhams that more than makes me happy - I'm sure if I had spare cash to buy designer I might but as long as it looks okay, holds what I need it to and does what it should then I'm good with it, lol. I also *hate* shoe shopping. I fail as a female, lol!

toobusytostitch

I find if you fake the confidence, eventually you get so used to it you actually have it -- it's what I did when I first started wearing bright lipstick, now I don't care if people are shocked or dislike it etc!
Same here - I'm often talking to people who really don't wear/like makeup at all, and have decided that I don't care - I was with a friend yesterday who probably doesn't own ANY makeup at all, and I was aware that she kept looking at my bright raspberry pink lipstick and the gold half of my EL new eyeliner duo from my Debenhams points :)

PeachTwist

My Boots order and LookFantastic order have arrived, as well as the brush guards I ordered from the US a couple weeks ago.

Now just awaiting my Debenhams order, SpaceNK order, MAC orders and Pixi Glow Tonic.

I felt guilty for buying everything -- after this morning, I no longer do. Had a hospital appointment with a liver consultant and they want to do a liver biopsy as it seems something may be wrong with it, so I'm now treating everything I've bought as some kind of reward, lol.

The REN moisturisers are a bit smaller than I expected, but the cleanser is huge. Though I suppose if I'm using the Hydraluron then I'll need less of the moisturisers anyway so maybe it'll be alright. Then again, everything looks bigger online in photographs. I remember the first time I ordered MAC and some things arrived -- I'd never been to a MAC counter and everything seemed so much smaller in person than all the photos I'd seen, lol.

toobusytostitch

My Boots order and LookFantastic order have arrived, as well as the brush guards I ordered from the US a couple weeks ago.

Now just awaiting my Debenhams order, SpaceNK order, MAC orders and Pixi Glow Tonic.

I felt guilty for buying everything -- after this morning, I no longer do. Had a hospital appointment with a liver consultant and they want to do a liver biopsy as it seems something may be wrong with it, so I'm now treating everything I've bought as some kind of reward, lol.

The REN moisturisers are a bit smaller than I expected, but the cleanser is huge. Though I suppose if I'm using the Hydraluron then I'll need less of the moisturisers anyway so maybe it'll be alright. Then again, everything looks bigger online in photographs. I remember the first time I ordered MAC and some things arrived -- I'd never been to a MAC counter and everything seemed so much smaller in person than all the photos I'd seen, lol.
Sounds that you definitely deserve it all
iagree.gif
. Hope the biopsy is clear for you.

Know what you mean about products looking big in adverts! Those single MAC eyeshadows always look more the size of the skinfinshes in the photos
icon_eek.gif
. Though I seem to rarely actually finish anything ever, so they're all big enough really
cheerleader.gif

PeachTwist

Sounds that you definitely deserve it all
iagree.gif
. Hope the biopsy is clear for you.
Know what you mean about products looking big in adverts! Those single MAC eyeshadows always look more the size of the skinfinshes in the photos
icon_eek.gif
. Though I seem to rarely actually finish anything ever, so they're all big enough really
cheerleader.gif
Thank you! He's suspecting it won't be unfortunately. He thinks I may have Autoimmune Hepatitis which is when your body's immune system attacks the liver cells. Hopefully it comes back clear, but we'll see. In some ways I actually hope that's what it is as for 3yrs I've been trying to find answers as to why I'm always so unwell - I'd just like to get better, so a diagnosis would be nice so I could get back on the mend, as bad as that sounds. We'll see!

Yup! I remember when I first saw MAC eye shadows on Youtube and photos I thought "oh wow, those are huge" - definitely not, lol! Agreed - my very first MAC shadow was Vanilla and I bought that 3yrs ago and I'm still no where near pan and it's used every time I wear make-up for my highlight.

Glad I ordered Honey Jasmine and Royal Sunset now - they've sold out on the UK website!

Alisha1

I'm glad some of your orders arrived - hope you enjoy your goodies and hopefully you liver biopsy will go well too

My HoF order arrived and I love everything especially my new Guerlain glosses! Browny Clap is the perfect nude gloss and Candy Strip is a perfect bright but wearable shade! The formula is great on these very light and not sticky at all. I love the packaging of both the Guerlain glosses and the new nail polishes - Gemma n/p looks so pretty!

Alisha1

Thank you! He's suspecting it won't be unfortunately. He thinks I may have Autoimmune Hepatitis which is when your body's immune system attacks the liver cells. Hopefully it comes back clear, but we'll see. In some ways I actually hope that's what it is as for 3yrs I've been trying to find answers as to why I'm always so unwell - I'd just like to get better, so a diagnosis would be nice so I could get back on the mend, as bad as that sounds. We'll see!

Yup! I remember when I first saw MAC eye shadows on Youtube and photos I thought "oh wow, those are huge" - definitely not, lol! Agreed - my very first MAC shadow was Vanilla and I bought that 3yrs ago and I'm still no where near pan and it's used every time I wear make-up for my highlight.

Glad I ordered Honey Jasmine and Royal Sunset now - they've sold out on the UK website!
I hope everything turns out well for you in the end hun - sending positive vibes your way :)

PeachTwist

I think it's just plain rude! As I said to the woman on the YSL counter, why would I wear make-up when shopping for make-up? Especially when it's foundation/concealer related? There's no point, they'd only have to take it off to match me anyway. I may even start complaining to management to be honest - I'm sick of being looked at as if I'm not worth their time because I'm not dressed to the 9's and what not whenever I go in. I have health issues myself, my mother has them and I care for her -- do they really think my top priority is to make sure I'm dressed super nice to go to a make-up counter when I have a few moments to myself? Meh -- I'm on a rage today, completely annoyed. Lol.

Thank you! The REN products & Boots stuff all look great. I refuse to use them until I get the Pixi Glow Tonic though -- I hope they call me soon because I'm dying to try everything out, lol!

Aw yay! I'm glad you like everything! One thing I don't buy is gloss - I just hate gloss. I like the way it looks but usually it ends up in my hair somehow which just frustrates me so I don't bother with it, lol. I'm definitely a lipstick girl! The only gloss I have and love is my MAC Kissable Lip Colour in Woo Me. Nail polishes though - now those are love! Lol!
I hope everything turns out well for you in the end hun - sending positive vibes your way :)

Alisha1

I think it's just plain rude! As I said to the woman on the YSL counter, why would I wear make-up when shopping for make-up? Especially when it's foundation/concealer related? There's no point, they'd only have to take it off to match me anyway. I may even start complaining to management to be honest - I'm sick of being looked at as if I'm not worth their time because I'm not dressed to the 9's and what not whenever I go in. I have health issues myself, my mother has them and I care for her -- do they really think my top priority is to make sure I'm dressed super nice to go to a make-up counter when I have a few moments to myself? Meh -- I'm on a rage today, completely annoyed. Lol.

Thank you! The REN products & Boots stuff all look great. I refuse to use them until I get the Pixi Glow Tonic though -- I hope they call me soon because I'm dying to try everything out, lol!

Aw yay! I'm glad you like everything! One thing I don't buy is gloss - I just hate gloss. I like the way it looks but usually it ends up in my hair somehow which just frustrates me so I don't bother with it, lol. I'm definitely a lipstick girl! The only gloss I have and love is my MAC Kissable Lip Colour in Woo Me. Nail polishes though - now those are love! Lol!

Aw thank you. I appreciate it. I just stupidly watched a Liver Biopsy on YouTube - I officially am freaked out, lol.
Lol that's so true! Plus not everyone wears a full face every single day - I certainly don't somedays I just curl my lashes and put something on my lips! They just make assumptions that we're not going to purchase anything - if only they could see our makeup collections!

Lol gloss and nail polishes were the first makeup products I bought! I really don't like sticky gloss though like MACs lipglass but these feel so light and non sticky! Lool I have wayyy too much nail polish but I always keep seeing more I want!

Aw just try not to think about it too much - hopefully Pixi will ring you soon and your new routine will take your mind off it a little :)

PeachTwist

Lol that's so true! Plus not everyone wears a full face every single day - I certainly don't somedays I just curl my lashes and put something on my lips! They just make assumptions that we're not going to purchase anything - if only they could see our makeup collections!

Lol gloss and nail polishes were the first makeup products I bought! I really don't like sticky gloss though like MACs lipglass but these feel so light and non sticky! Lool I have wayyy too much nail polish but I always keep seeing more I want!

Aw just try not to think about it too much - hopefully Pixi will ring you soon and your new routine will take your mind off it a little :)
Yup! I either don't wear any at all or I wear a full face - it's one or the other. You're right though - if only they knew how much we owned, they'd soon wise up and be polite. They could make a lot of money out of us. I'll probably purchase from YSL again because that lady was so great and she will always have my business. Good CS goes a long way.

I wish I could get into gloss - it's just bleh for me. It also doesn't help I'm a smoker (and currently trying to quit) -- lip products go all over them which is nasty. Then again, so is smoking.. hence the trying to quit, lol. Nail Polish is one of those things that I always want more of - same as eye shadow. I could have one similar but still need the one that's ever so slightly different. But because I don't do my nails often enough I can't justify purchasing most of the time. 2 Alex drawer fulls though is enough for me for now, lol!

Hopefully they will. I love the fact that LookFantastic sent a free set of RT brushes in my order as a free gift. I now have 2 sets of the Core Collection - only got the 1st set last week, lol! Not complaining though - 2 buffing brushes and 2 contour brushes will come in handy!

IHughes

I'm an expat living in Spain and I was going to wait for the collection to come out here but I ordered Flamingo just in case in the UK and I was so glad I did! The collection hasn't come out yet in Spain and I'm not sure when/ if it will. I'm travelling to visit my family this week so I'll be able to get my order! I hope it looks good on me, it's the first thing I order from MAC without trying! I'll keep an eye on this thread for more UK releases!

rockin

Hi Kerry, and thank you for the Debenhams information. It saves me worrying about it coming online while I'm out tomorrow

Latest posts