UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

pnfpn

EDIT - Just checked on the Superdrug website and they're listed as 7.99 - now I'm tempted to pick up a few lol
Superdrug has 3 for 2 on Bourjois as well :) I got the one in Healthy Glow. The only one I didn't like was the cherry one but it's not terrible so I may pick the rest up. They are tiny though but I think it will hold me over till the Dior cream blushes surface. I'm quite taken with the new lip stain gloss stick pen things from them though.

PeachTwist

Thank you so much for these! You are a superstar! So super helpful! I think I have decided I want all three of the blushes! Ha! They all look so so pretty!
Anytime! Glad to help! Haha yayyy! I won't be alone in owning all three! Lol! Let me know how you like them when you get them! :)

PeachTwist

I'm going to have that site bookmarked for when I can get all my skin care products! I think it might be after the sales now :/

Let us know how you like the Pixi Tonic :)
Selfridges are great with delivery though I hate the cost! I once ordered from them in the early hours of sunday and my package arrived the next day on monday! And it was during their 20% off event so it was even more impressive!
I swatched these when I was at Superdrug, they seem very pretty but 9.99 seems abit of a steep price though I could have read the wrong price tag as I was in a rush lol

EDIT - Just checked on the Superdrug website and they're listed as 7.99 - now I'm tempted to pick up a few lol
Will do!

I just tried the Pixi Tonic, Eysilix, Pepta-Bright, Hydraluron and the REN night time moisturiser.

I have to say I don't think I can quite give an opinion on everything yet - but give it a few days and we'll see. My face doesn't feel tight, but it also doesn't feel how I'd say overly moisturised. I may have not put on enough moisturiser. I'll see how it all looks in the morning. I really hope this all does the trick though because my face is driving me crazy. I haven't tried any new products/brushes/etc because I wanted to wait for my face to clear up a bit. I now have this honker of a hormonal spot on my chin that will not go down and hasn't in the past 4 days. So sore too.

I agree - Selfridges really are great. It still says Ready For Dispatch so I'm doubting it's been sent tonight but it'll definitely go tomorrow. I just can't remember who they ship with and whether it will be here on Saturday or Monday...

nikou

If anyone's awake, all about orange is up on house of fraser
I managed to get everything I wanted.
:D
4 flamingo's left

PeachTwist

If anyone's awake, all about orange is up on house of fraser
I managed to get everything I wanted.
:D
4 flamingo's left
Well I'm glad I didn't wait for that -- I'd have missed everything I wanted. Glad I went for Selfridges, even with their crazy shipping costs lol.

What did you get?

PeachTwist

If anyone has missed anything -- Selfridges has everything except Flamingo lipstick and Double Happiness lipgloss.

mushroomteagirl

I just got hit with an almost £70 customs charge for a Makeup Geek order, then Parcelforce were trying to charge another £12 if I wanted it delivered tomorrow
eeksign.gif

I've had to put in a PayPal dispute as well with Cherry Culture, first they asked me for photo ID as it was a large value order which I gave them even though it was a bit dodgy but now it says the order is still in progress after another 2 weeks and no reply from their customer service when I ask what's going on and why it's not been dispatched. I've never had a problem with them but they are really taking the biscuit!

mushroomteagirl

I ended up with a Bourjois cream blush instead to hopefully do the job. I got the bronzing primer too, I'm excited to try that out. Then I saw these lip stains like the Clinique chubby sticks but Bourjois again in Superdrug. SPF 15 and the colours were all very pretty. Sleek candy collection launched too so I picked up the blush trio in that. Really nice formulas too! One cream, matter and shimmery pink shades. I can do swatches if anyone wants any of the stuff I picked up.
I ordered the Sleek candy collection too and it arrived this morning. I agree the blushes are gorgeous and I hope they come out with more in the cream formulation. The powders don't seem to kick up a lot either which is nice and means that it won't get all nasty with the powders getting in the cream.The palette and pout paint are also nice.

I also picked up the Havana & Mardi Gras Lip4 palette things, I wasn't sure after mixed reviews but I have to say I really like them from the swatches. The glossy shades seem to be more like pout paints or lip tars than lip gloss, really pigmented. Mardi Gras is more me with the hot pinks and purples but I actually really like the shades in Havana too especially the top left which is a glossy deep plum. I think I will get a lot of wear out of that come Autumn/Winter

nikou

Well I'm glad I didn't wait for that -- I'd have missed everything I wanted.  Glad I went for Selfridges, even with their crazy shipping costs lol. What did you get?
2x flamingo,t&t,tangerine dream,s&s,razzledazzler,sushi kiss and honey jasmine and royal sunset. To think I was only going to get 1 blush and 3 lipsticks. I was going to get neon orange but I have quite a lot of orange lipsticks/glosses now. I wasn't going to get HJ but everyone ended up saying it was their favourite. I'm really going to have to re-arrange my make up storage again.:p I'm so excited! The funny thing is that I had just woken up from a nasty dream,if I hadn't woken up then I probably wouldn't had gotten my haul. :p

PeachTwist

I just got hit with an almost £70 customs charge for a Makeup Geek order, then Parcelforce were trying to charge another £12 if I wanted it delivered tomorrow
eeksign.gif

I've had to put in a PayPal dispute as well with Cherry Culture, first they asked me for photo ID as it was a large value order which I gave them even though it was a bit dodgy but now it says the order is still in progress after another 2 weeks and no reply from their customer service when I ask what's going on and why it's not been dispatched. I've never had a problem with them but they are really taking the biscuit!

WTF? Are you serious?! £70 customs fee for Makeup Geek? I'm sorry to sound rude but what the hell did you order to make it so ridiculous?! Omg, another £12?!.. no way. I'd have sent it all back, there is absolutely no way I could afford those kinda fees. I was actually wanting to order from them too so I'd like to know what kind of limit to avoid for those kind of fees.

That's unreal -- I've never used Cherry Culture but that's insanity.

PeachTwist

I'm so excited! The funny thing is that I had just woken up from a nasty dream,if I hadn't woken up then I probably wouldn't had gotten my haul. :p
Aww well I'm glad you got everything I wanted!

My order should *hopefully* be here tomorrow so I can finally play with it all!

My serozinc arrived today and a couple days ago my Becca primer arrived so once my Selfridges order gets here I'll be playing tons.

I'm also really excited to be getting a DA & TPC backup from the Marilyn collection. DA has to be the best red lipstick I've tried on me and my boyfriend loves it too but I didn't want to run out, lol.

mushroomteagirl

WTF? Are you serious?! £70 customs fee for Makeup Geek? I'm sorry to sound rude but what the hell did you order to make it so ridiculous?! Omg, another £12?!.. no way. I'd have sent it all back, there is absolutely no way I could afford those kinda fees. I was actually wanting to order from them too so I'd like to know what kind of limit to avoid for those kind of fees.

That's unreal -- I've never used Cherry Culture but that's insanity.
Ha ha it's not rude it's a good question! I ordered their new pigments and the some of their lippies, gel liners and a few brushes. I can't remember exactly and I seem to have deleted the email confirming my order. that's the one bad thing about ordering from there they always put the proper value of everything on the customs form so you get stung bad but I never expected that, I wonder if they made a mistake when filling it out and out a higher value or something.

PeachTwist

Ha ha it's not rude it's a good question! I ordered their new pigments and the some of their lippies, gel liners and a few brushes. I can't remember exactly and I seem to have deleted the email confirming my order. that's the one bad thing about ordering from there they always put the proper value of everything on the customs form so you get stung bad but I never expected that, I wonder if they made a mistake when filling it out and out a higher value or something.
Eesh that's nuts! Have you tried their eye shadows? Are they worth it? What's the shipping price like?

I can't believe the fee though. That's jaw dropping. I'd have cried and returned it. Surely they must've done, that's an insane fee to be paying. In which case I'd be e-mailing them and asking them to pay for some/all or even refund the order for that kind of problem.

mushroomteagirl

Eesh that's nuts! Have you tried their eye shadows? Are they worth it? What's the shipping price like?

I can't believe the fee though. That's jaw dropping. I'd have cried and returned it. Surely they must've done, that's an insane fee to be paying. In which case I'd be e-mailing them and asking them to pay for some/all or even refund the order for that kind of problem.
I actually have all their eyeshadows and they are really nice and I think they are excellent value for money, there are a couple of duds but they tend to be the matte ones like in any eyeshadow line . I would generally pick MUG over MAC mattes (not matte2 though!).

PeachTwist

I actually have all their eyeshadows and they are really nice and I think they are excellent value for money, there are a couple of duds but they tend to be the matte ones like in any eyeshadow line . I would generally pick MUG over MAC mattes (not matte2 though!).
Oh wow that's impressive! I'm wanting to buy all of them but like with any brand it becomes so overwhelming to choose which to get first, lol.

mushroomteagirl

Oh wow that's impressive! I'm wanting to buy all of them but like with any brand it becomes so overwhelming to choose which to get first, lol.
My top 5 are as follows:

Neutrals - Shimma Shimma, Glamorous, Moondust, Pretentious, Homecoming

Colours - Poolside, Poison Ivy, Sea Mist, Sensuous, Burlesque

Honorable mentions to Corrupt (really is the blackest eyeshadow ever much more black than UD Blackout or Sugarpill Bulletproof) and Cosmopolitan ( a really nice dupe for Expensive Pink but even easier to work with)

pnfpn

I keep eyeing MUG stuff but I think I'll wait till I go to the US for a holiday before I get it. I don't really want custom fees slapped on me. Doing a make up swap with a US make up lover soon and I'm worried I'll have to pay a lot of fees when her stuff arrives :X

mushroomteagirl

I keep eyeing MUG stuff but I think I'll wait till I go to the US for a holiday before I get it. I don't really want custom fees slapped on me. Doing a make up swap with a US make up lover soon and I'm worried I'll have to pay a lot of fees when her stuff arrives :X
The thing is they have no stores and you can only order online so there's no way you can get it while you're there unless you have a relative you are visiting who you can have it shipped to and pick it up from there.

You can ask your swapper to fudge the declaration form if they've not already sent it already to something like 15 dollars and mark as gift that way if you're lucky you will get away scot free.Some do it anyway but it's always best to ask.

PeachTwist

My top 5 are as follows:

Neutrals - Shimma Shimma, Glamorous, Moondust, Pretentious, Homecoming

Colours - Poolside, Poison Ivy, Sea Mist, Sensuous, Burlesque

Honorable mentions to Corrupt (really is the blackest eyeshadow ever much more black than UD Blackout or Sugarpill Bulletproof) and Cosmopolitan ( a really nice dupe for Expensive Pink but even easier to work with)
Thanks - I'll keep note for when I cave!

Really? Corrupt is more black than Sugarpill Bulletproof? I don't have UD Blackout but I live for Sugarpill Bulletproof! Ooh yes I've heard it's like EP! Oh man, so excited. Lol!

Latest posts