UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

xfarrax

Might pick up the neals yard one cos 100ml of the cream is showing as 23£ on their site and it seems to contain some fairly interesting ingredients...

toobusytostitch

There sure are, stole this from the TT Thread:

Mineralize Blushes
Sweet Samba - Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments
Exotic Ember - Orange with bronze pearlized pigments
Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments
There's a link here that has some photos too: http://www.beautyinsider.ru/2013/05/15/mac-tropical-taboo-makeup-collection/

I really want all the skinfinishes and blushes. Uh-Oh.
Yep, I can count my no-buy days until these come out - anyone know when? I so love that Exotic Ember especially....

lovesongx

I have to admit I'm not sure I notice anything in regards to the Pepta Bright, but I don't think my skin tone is that uneven and I don't think I have much scarring anyway if any. Everything combined though has really helped to get rid of this spot so I'm happy. I have these under the skin ish spots, I think they're called Milia but I'm not sure if that's exactly what they are which is apparently when the area is really dry/dehydrated. I unfortunately get them on my chin/sides of my mouth which just looks awful. I was hoping the Hydraluron and moisturisers etc would help to get rid of them but I think it's going to end up being a case of having them removed and then really trying to keep the area well moisturised.

EDIT: After just deciding to research it some more... it seems the Milia I seem to get could be because of my liver problems.
th_wallbash.gif

Oh really? Mine turns a very dark blue red on me -- I'll have to use it soon and show pics, it's gorgeous. I just love it. I probably really should get a liner though to use with it.

Nope, I didn't! I'm really disappointed. I don't think they sent it with a courier - I think they sent it with Royal Mail. I didn't get a tracking number and I tell ya what if they've sent it via RM and I've paid £4.95 I'm gonna be calling and complaining. There is absolutely no damn reason 3 items should cost £4.95 to ship with RM if it isn't tracked -- that's outrageous. I'd say try them, if you don't like them, chances are you'll be able to sell them on here without issue.

Ahh yeah -- I hate those titles. I only watch the ones I think will be of use to me or if I'm extremely bored.
I remember reading somewhere that milia are caused by products which are too rich?

Alisha1

There sure are, stole this from the TT Thread:

Mineralize Blushes
Sweet Samba - Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments
Exotic Ember - Orange with bronze pearlized pigments
Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments
There's a link here that has some photos too: http://www.beautyinsider.ru/2013/05/15/mac-tropical-taboo-makeup-collection/

I really want all the skinfinishes and blushes. Uh-Oh.
I'm looking forward to seeing swatches of the Cremesheen glosses - I hope they are more pigmented then the ones that came out in AAO! I'm still angry at MAC for not re-releasing Geo Pink lol

Anitacska

Quick check-in. I was away from Thursday to Saturday in Sweden, was going to check out AAO at Stansted, but the Mac counter at the duty free didn't have anything from the collection yet, so never got to see it. Oh well, probably for the best, really don't need anything, I've decided I'd really should go on a proper no-buy as I have so much stuff it's unreal. I'm just buying stuff for the sake of buying... To be honest, even a one-year no-buy wouldn't make any difference to my stash, it's that large! So I'm gonna try my best to stay away from temptation. Nail polish as well, I'm nearing the 1000 mark now. That's right, one thousand! Somebody slap me!

IHughes

Quick check-in. I was away from Thursday to Saturday in Sweden, was going to check out AAO at Stansted, but the Mac counter at the duty free didn't have anything from the collection yet, so never got to see it. Oh well, probably for the best, really don't need anything, I've decided I'd really should go on a proper no-buy as I have so much stuff it's unreal. I'm just buying stuff for the sake of buying... To be honest, even a one-year no-buy wouldn't make any difference to my stash, it's that large! So I'm gonna try my best to stay away from temptation. Nail polish as well, I'm nearing the 1000 mark now. That's right, one thousand! Somebody slap me!  
Wow, well I was at the MAC counter in Stansted on Friday (two days ago) and they had the whole AAO collection, and everything was available!! I was so shocked that I didn't actually buy anything! Lol

rockin

I only bought Royal Sunset, and looking at the upcoming collections there's not a lot there I want, either, thank goodness. I don't tend to use the mineralize products I have, so that's a whole collection I can skip.

I got my Royal Sunset from Debenhams, along with a few ArtDeco eyeshadows that were reduced to £3.85 each. I really need to cut down on my spending.

Anitacska

I was there on Thursday morning, so maybe that's why they didn't have it yet. Not that fussed to be honest, wanted to test Flamingo, but probably would've skipped it anyway. :)

Wow, well I was at the MAC counter in Stansted on Friday (two days ago) and they had the whole AAO collection, and everything was available!! I was so shocked that I didn't actually buy anything! Lol

toobusytostitch

Was the concert good? I'd love to see them live. My no-buy is definitely necessary - I need to clear some space :) I do think that I will be sunk with the MAC Mineralize release though. I think I've developed an addiction to lip products from somewhere - Yves Saint Laurent is a recent addiction - the Golden Lustre lippies are definitely rivalling Guerlain! I'm managing to resist getting more so far though......

Anitacska

Yes, it was brilliant. It was their big 30-year-anniversary concert, they'll be releasing a DVD of it. I've been a big fan for 27 of those years. :) I've been on a lip product no-buy for a while now, I've only bought maybe 10 all year. It's nail polish and pretty powders and stuff that's the problem for me. I'm definitely giving it a go, I feel quite guilty for spending so much on myself especially with the trip to Sweden and my new car as well.

Was the concert good? I'd love to see them live. My no-buy is definitely necessary - I need to clear some space :) I do think that I will be sunk with the MAC Mineralize release though. I think I've developed an addiction to lip products from somewhere - Yves Saint Laurent is a recent addiction - the Golden Lustre lippies are definitely rivalling Guerlain! I'm managing to resist getting more so far though......

surfroxy

Help! The boyfriend has officially put me on a spending ban (Specifically beauty related) and has actually taken all but one of my bank cards (the joint account) from me. This may or may not have been after discovering another recent MAC haul. Sadly he does not understand how much I NEED some new Mineralize Items... :(

IHughes

Help! The boyfriend has officially put me on a spending ban (Specifically beauty related) and has actually taken all but one of my bank cards (the joint account) from me. This may or may not have been after discovering another recent MAC haul. Sadly he does not understand how much I NEED some new Mineralize Items... :(
That's annoying but he's doing it for your own good I'm sure! Remember you're beautiful no matter what you wear and what makeup you have and if overspending on beauty products creates problems between you that would be a great shame. In any case talk to him and listen to what he has to say and also be honest with yourself. For a lot of us it's like a hobby so we spend more than we need. Sit down together and talk about how you feel and you can even set an amount of money you can each spend on your guilty pleasures!

PeachTwist

Let us know how you get on! I can't wait to get everything but I'm not ordering anything yet because of the sales! lol

That sounds great I always get like a random spot about once a month! I think the problem with my routine is that I don't moisterise in the morning as all I use is my Clinique sun screen which doesn't add any moister to my skin
You seriously need to order -- my skin is looking and feeling so much better already. If it keeps up like this, I won't ever change my routine. I'll be a slave to expensive skincare products. I plan on trying out make-up tomorrow to see how it applies. I've left it so that my skin had time to actually show a difference when applying. It'll be interesting to see!

Omg, no moisturiser?!
nonono.gif
Shame on you! I'd be lost without moisturiser. To be honest though I'm just as bad when it comes to SPF, I really need to invest in some sun screen. I hate how greasy it feels though and don't want it clogging my pores so I always skip it. In saying that though I rarely ever go outside when it's sunny to avoid getting burned/tanned.

Anitacska

Oh dear.
ssad.gif
My husband would never dream of doing something like that, but then he is blissfully oblivious to my beauty spending! If only he knew... I think he'd probably divorce me actually.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Just as well he hasn't a clue, eh?

Help! The boyfriend has officially put me on a spending ban (Specifically beauty related) and has actually taken all but one of my bank cards (the joint account) from me. This may or may not have been after discovering another recent MAC haul. Sadly he does not understand how much I NEED some new Mineralize Items...
ssad.gif

toobusytostitch

Oh dear.
ssad.gif
My husband would never dream of doing something like that, but then he is blissfully oblivious to my beauty spending! If only he knew... I think he'd probably divorce me actually.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Just as well he hasn't a clue, eh?
Actually, the funny thing with my husband is that he looks at Chanel/Dior and mutters about expensive makeup, but doesn't mind at all about Guerlain, which he thinks is a budget brand
girlhaha.gif
. He's never heard of MAC either, and thinks that's also cheap.

Alisha1

You seriously need to order -- my skin is looking and feeling so much better already. If it keeps up like this, I won't ever change my routine. I'll be a slave to expensive skincare products. I plan on trying out make-up tomorrow to see how it applies. I've left it so that my skin had time to actually show a difference when applying. It'll be interesting to see!

Omg, no moisturiser?!
nonono.gif
Shame on you! I'd be lost without moisturiser. To be honest though I'm just as bad when it comes to SPF, I really need to invest in some sun screen. I hate how greasy it feels though and don't want it clogging my pores so I always skip it. In saying that though I rarely ever go outside when it's sunny to avoid getting burned/tanned.
It's funny you just said that as my skin has been really bad since yesterday - I have a huge spot/red bump area on my chin and it kills :/ I was just looking for the EH cleansing balm but it seems to be OOS everywhere :( And my Space NK don't sell it I was really hoping to get it this week lol

I'm so bad but my simple mind thought that the suncream acts as a moisteriser as well lol though it never has felt like it has lol! Sun screen is the only thing I invest in well I buy Cliniques which isn't as expensive compared to others and it's great - I've been using it for 2 years I think and it's not thick or super greasy but it does need time to set so I usually apply it and then do something else before applying foundation. Caroline also suggested Clarins sun cream which is a little less expensive on Escentual which I'm going to get but I just purchased a new tube of my Clinique one last week so I'm not getting it until I run out!

Also what do you use to remove the cleansing balm? I want to make sure I have everything when I eventually get my hands on it! Lol

PeachTwist

It's funny you just said that as my skin has been really bad since yesterday - I have a huge spot/red bump area on my chin and it kills :/ I was just looking for the EH cleansing balm but it seems to be OOS everywhere :( And my Space NK don't sell it I was really hoping to get it this week lol

I'm so bad but my simple mind thought that the suncream acts as a moisteriser as well lol though it never has felt like it has lol! Sun screen is the only thing I invest in well I buy Cliniques which isn't as expensive compared to others and it's great - I've been using it for 2 years I think and it's not thick or super greasy but it does need time to set so I usually apply it and then do something else before applying foundation. Caroline also suggested Clarins sun cream which is a little less expensive on Escentual which I'm going to get but I just purchased a new tube of my Clinique one last week so I'm not getting it until I run out!

Also what do you use to remove the cleansing balm? I want to make sure I have everything when I eventually get my hands on it! Lol
Even though I have combo/oily t-zone skin, if I didn't use a moisturiser.. my face would instantly be dry and flaking. I can't handle it. I'm not surprised it's sold out everywhere -- I think everything Caroline mentioned has gone off the shelves crazy fast.

Oh really? I know she mentioned the Estee Lauder one too somewhere on her blog so I may look into that one, Clinique and the Clarins one. I should really find one for my body too. I don't like going out in the sun much though because the brightness causes me to suffer from headaches that then turn into migraines. It's safer for me to be indoors.

I just use a warm face cloth (not muslin) and warm water - that's it. It's what Caroline suggests also. I've never been able to wash my face without a wash cloth, I was brought up with it. In the video and on her blog she goes nuts about people not using them which I find really weird because it's just been second nature to me. It does get all of it off though. My new routine is this though:

AM -

REN Clarifying 3 Cleanser (Apply to dry skin and wash off with warm wash cloth)
Pixi Glow Tonic
Serozinc
Eysilix
Pepta-Bright
Hydraluron
REN AM Moisturiser

PM -

EH Cleansing Balm (Apply to dry skin and wash off with warm wash cloth)
Pixi Glow Tonic
Serozinc
Eysilix
Pepta-Bright
Hydraluron
REN PM Moisturiser

The only thing that changes is my face wash/moisturiser. I was also wrong about Pepta-Bright, I can see a difference. Eysilix is really moisturising too for an eye cream. Honestly in only roughly a few days to a week of using them, I can't imagine not using all of it now. It's become second nature and I enjoy everything I use. My skin looks clearer, looks clean, feels clean and moisturised and prepped ready for make-up. Hopefully if I'm feeling a bit better tomorrow I'm going to test out how make-up applies now I've got this routine, hopefully it'll be better than before!