UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

mushroomteagirl

right ladies i need BACK 2 MAC advice!

i know in other countries they can be pretty strict with what you take b2m, but from the two times ive done it they seemed fine.
the first time i b2m in mank selfridges she didnt even look at them and just pulled a lipstick straight out of the draw said here you go!
2nd time in HOF mank she gave them a glance (i had them in a sandwhich bag, didn't take them out) and i filled in a b2m form.
the second time i had some skincare that was part of a set, had not for individual resale on it. i know youre not allowed to b2m them sometimes or you are only if you b2m the WHOLE set if teh set had b2m on it to begin with.

anyone else managed to b2m some items you're not supposed to?

my advice concerns the depotting of mac shadows.
i want to get the large pro palette and depot some of my mac shadows.
i see that in the us a lot of places wont take the messed up eyeshadow pots so peeps have had to buy metal pans just to stick in them to take back.
anyone b2m depotted eyeshadows without the pan?
THANKS IN ADVANCE LOVELIES :)
At the MAC counters in Manchester (Selfridges and HoF) they don't want to take the messed up shadow pots so i have bought these metal pans http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280879921235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 to hide the messed up bit and then they took them just fine even though it was blatant that there was never any product in them. Those pans were the cheapest ones i could find without ridges in the bottom though they are from China so can take a couple of weeks or so to arrive. You have to be careful you don't warp the pots too much otherwise you'll never get the empty pans in.

Sometimes they can also be wierd if it's limited edition packaging colours like neo sci-fi or moonbathe

Silly really as they just go in a big bin to be melted down anyway!

Anitacska

I've never had any problems B2Mac-ing with messed up eyeshadow pots, I do it all the time. I tend to just put them in a bag and hand them in. Hopefully you won't have trouble either.

Alisha1

I haven't seen Peachtwist on here for a while now though I only follow this forum these days - hope she is well!

I picked up the LM Artist Palette yesterday and love it! Can't wait to use it!

I think it might be a HoF exclusive as the lady at the Selfridges counter had no clue of what it was but I can check if SpaceNK have any as I booked myself in for the event tomorrow (I'm eyeing some diptyque candles!)

Our HN have a SpaceNK in it but the brands from SpaceNK (like NARS, LM...) are never included in the 15% off offer which is a shame so I might skip the HN event :/

Selfridges event will most likely be next week! Starting wednesday or thursday! I'm probably not going to buy any makeup even though we now have a Tom Ford and Shu Uemura counter in Birmingham so it will be hard! Selfridges have revamped the whole beauty hall and I was so lost when I went yesterday! Lol

I'm planning on getting African Botanics Marula Oil and some Diptyque candles tomorrow from SpaceNK - I'm going to try hard to resist the NARS blush palette and lip set!
It's different dates for different stores as the Birmingham one is tomorrow!

It's a Selfridges exclusive collection called Mr Selfridges - not sure if it's going to roll out it all stores as I never saw it yesterday and the SA was busy with a customer so I never got to ask

I use the Marula Oil and love it!

You won't need to worry about the blush palette, it is sold out I think.

I am loving the nars pencil set, been wearing them daily since they arrived, and its really good value in my opinion and a must have from the christmas collections.

I did the space nk online gift thing today, I got some Diptique sets and the laura mercier shadow stick set and bright gloss set, I plan on splitting them and making gifts for special friends for christmas. I also picked up a back up of marula oil as I am nearly out and an hourglass diffused powder for me. The gift with purchase might be for me, or might be split for christmas gifts! I like that you know what you are getting in the GWP this time, last time I did, loads of blogs had promo images and then what arrived was missing all the bits that I wanted like the mini LM Gloss, the Lipstick Queen Lipstick etc. Hopefully because there is less in this one, shade depending it should be a better buy.

I used my Laura Mercier Artist Palette this morning...its pure love! I may now no longer bother with Naked 3 and I may sell Naked 1 as it doesn't work as well on me as the LM artist palette
I bought the Marula oil today! Along with two LE Diptyque christmas candles (the orange and green one) I was just burning the orange and I love it! I got the Figuier candle in my gwp which is just my luck considering I liked Bais! You where lucky to get the gwp I went online at like 12 just to check and it had sold out! Aww they'll make such good christmas presents! I loved the look of the Diptyque ten candle set but I passed as I loved the packaging on the LE christmas candles more!

Yup the NARS blush palette had sold out and I've reserved the lip set which I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow but I don't know what else to get - any recommendations?!

IHughes

I shouldn't have indulged but I couldn't resist the Space NK gift with purchase. There were one or two things I had on my list to get sometime so I went ahead. I got a marula oil sample with my last Space NK purchase and I've been enjoying it! My question is, if I have several nigh treatments: serum/oil/moisturiser/YSL advanced night repair, do I use them all? In what order? Or should some be only a certain amount of days a week? I wonder about piling so many different products, maybe then they don't work as they should!

rockin

Benefit UK have some items 50% off, plus a free gift with a £50 spend http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/collection/sale http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/brand/offers

charlotte366

Quote:Originally Posted by IHughes

I shouldn't have indulged but I couldn't resist the Space NK gift with purchase. There were one or two things I had on my list to get sometime so I went ahead.
I got a marula oil sample with my last Space NK purchase and I've been enjoying it! My question is, if I have several nigh treatments: serum/oil/moisturiser/YSL advanced night repair, do I use them all? In what order? Or should some be only a certain amount of days a week?
I wonder about piling so many different products, maybe then they don't work as they should!

I try to keep my routine as simple as possible I use serum and moisturiser in the morning and my oil at night, when it gets really cold I add moisturiser over my oil at night as my skin can be very dry. It I am using treatments then I skin the oil on that night and use a normal moisturiser. I don't always use an oil every night either, it depends on how my skin feels! Too much in one go irritates my sensitive ezcema prone skin, so I don't do three masks in one evening, I do one a night over a couple of nights so my skin can recover and adapt!

IHughes

Quote:Originally Posted by IHughes

I shouldn't have indulged but I couldn't resist the Space NK gift with purchase. There were one or two things I had on my list to get sometime so I went ahead.
I got a marula oil sample with my last Space NK purchase and I've been enjoying it! My question is, if I have several nigh treatments: serum/oil/moisturiser/YSL advanced night repair, do I use them all? In what order? Or should some be only a certain amount of days a week?
I wonder about piling so many different products, maybe then they don't work as they should!

I try to keep my routine as simple as possible I use serum and moisturiser in the morning and my oil at night, when it gets really cold I add moisturiser over my oil at night as my skin can be very dry. It I am using treatments then I skin the oil on that night and use a normal moisturiser. I don't always use an oil every night either, it depends on how my skin feels! Too much in one go irritates my sensitive ezcema prone skin, so I don't do three masks in one evening, I do one a night over a couple of nights so my skin can recover and adapt!
Thanks! It's hard to know sometimes and they're all so good I want to use them all haha! I've got a sample of Hydraluron and Marula oil and I've just purchased the YSL advanced night repair for the first time so I was wondering how to fit them all in Hahaha!

charlotte366

Well hydraluron goes on straight before moisturiser any other serum should go on before hydraluron. Oils I find work best as a night treatment on their own, but sometimes I cleanse early in the evening apply oil and then apply something else or another oil dose before I go to bed! I have however been known to wear oil in the day when my skin in next dry though I have to be careful with the make up over the top!

IHughes

Thanks!!! It was all easy when I was just using Boots 7 serum and moisturiser (have been for the past 5 years!) but now I'm getting adventurous with skincare and treatments! I must say that I haven't got a single wrinkle and all the MUA at the stands ask me about my skincare routine as I look so much younger than my age. So the Boots range can't be that bad, lol! I think the secret is starting early with skincare (and good genes haha) so I'm looking at more powerful stuff (Hydraluron, oils, advanced night repair...)

Alisha1

I have however been known to wear oil in the day when my skin in next dry though I have to be careful with the make up over the top!
Need to try this!

I went to SpaceNK today but I didn't know what else to buy with the NARS lip set :s
Has anyone tried Nude skincare?

Erinaceina

right ladies i need BACK 2 MAC advice!

i know in other countries they can be pretty strict with what you take b2m, but from the two times ive done it they seemed fine.
the first time i b2m in mank selfridges she didnt even look at them and just pulled a lipstick straight out of the draw said here you go!
2nd time in HOF mank she gave them a glance (i had them in a sandwhich bag, didn't take them out) and i filled in a b2m form.
the second time i had some skincare that was part of a set, had not for individual resale on it. i know youre not allowed to b2m them sometimes or you are only if you b2m the WHOLE set if teh set had b2m on it to begin with.

anyone else managed to b2m some items you're not supposed to?

my advice concerns the depotting of mac shadows.
i want to get the large pro palette and depot some of my mac shadows.
i see that in the us a lot of places wont take the messed up eyeshadow pots so peeps have had to buy metal pans just to stick in them to take back.
anyone b2m depotted eyeshadows without the pan?
THANKS IN ADVANCE LOVELIES :)
The counter in HN in Leeds has never had a problem with my depots (and have never asked me to fill in a form). But I second raych1984's advice about asking. :)

xfarrax

Still using my LM palette to death!! Would defo recommend any people on the fence to purchase quick. Also wanted to ask has anyone tried the smash box hydrating primer, I use the photo finish everyday just to make everything glide on better, but I'm really interesting in the hydrating one now, felt like some kinda serum when I tried it on my hand and I'm intrigued.

charlotte366

Quote:Originally Posted by xfarrax

Still using my LM palette to death!! Would defo recommend any people on the fence to purchase quick. Also wanted to ask has anyone tried the smash box hydrating primer, I use the photo finish everyday just to make everything glide on better, but I'm really interesting in the hydrating one now, felt like some kinda serum when I tried it on my hand and I'm intrigued.

Definately agree on the LM Artist palette, loving mine and so easy to wear and blend, really happy that I bought it! I also love the LM Cavier sticks, I have 3 which get loads of wear and I am considering spending my Space NK £50 voucher and indulge points on the ltd edition set exclusive to space nk.

kerry-jane88

I've just had a look at next year's beauty collections and omg, Dior spring is killing me! It's making me rethink what im going to allow myself to buy from now on or else my stash will get beyond ridic big. I've not been buying as much mac l.e. Recently cause it's just getting so expensive I figure well I may as well branch into other brands. I've been loving Bobbi brown, her stuff never disappoints! and im getting into drugstore makeup again as a cheap way to get my beauty trend fix. So much of mac l.e. Has left me disappointed, I've got too many quads with poor colour payoff etc to justify the price. Am I the only one who's unimpressed with their blushes too? I have about 7 colours, could just be the shades I've bought but im not impressed with ghe payoff on those. Maybe ill be strong and do a mac no blush buy at the very least! Whats everyone loving and leaving and wanting in 2014? :)

mushroomteagirl

Is that from Superdrug?
Yes they were from Superdrug, i bought mine online so not sure if they are in the stores yet. Been reading a few reviews on blogs and they are supposed to be a dupe for the Lime crime velvetines that were getting raved about but i've not tried them (and never will) so i wouldn't know.

pnfpn

I'm just about to buy it. I can't resist and the HoF website says that there's only 13 left in stock. Now that I've started to look at LM stuff again, I've remembered how much I want some of the caviar sticks and the metallic paint thingies.
Space NK has the set of 6 caviar sticks. Full Size for £55.. If you're going to get anything, get that!! It's a real bargain

Erinaceina

Yes they were from Superdrug, i bought mine online so not sure if they are in the stores yet. Been reading a few reviews on blogs and they are supposed to be a dupe for the Lime crime velvetines that were getting raved about but i've not tried them (and never will) so i wouldn't know.
Thanks. I might have a look at them at some point. :)

I don't know how much of this is common knowledge/common sense already, but I went into my counter and asked about some of the upcoming MAC collections today. They told me that we are definitely getting Heroine, but it won't be a couple of months (it wasn't in the book they had). The RiRi Christmas collection will be in stores on the first Thursday in December, which I think is the 3rd. Magnetic Nudes (I'm looking forward to this so, so much) is out on the first Thursday in January, which, according to my phone is going to be the 2nd. Punk Couture will be out on the same day, but only in Selfridges and on the website (so I don't know if that means the previous week on the website).

For myself, I'm really annoyed, as, on the 2nd, I'll be 35 miles from the nearest MAC counter, so I'm going to have to buy anything I can't live without over the internet. Hopefully, we'll see some decent swatches before then.

kerry-jane88

Thanks. I might have a look at them at some point. :)

I don't know how much of this is common knowledge/common sense already, but I went into my counter and asked about some of the upcoming MAC collections today. They told me that we are definitely getting Heroine, but it won't be a couple of months (it wasn't in the book they had). The RiRi Christmas collection will be in stores on the first Thursday in December, which I think is the 3rd. Magnetic Nudes (I'm looking forward to this so, so much) is out on the first Thursday in January, which, according to my phone is going to be the 2nd. Punk Couture will be out on the same day, but only in Selfridges and on the website (so I don't know if that means the previous week on the website).

For myself, I'm really annoyed, as, on the 2nd, I'll be 35 miles from the nearest MAC counter, so I'm going to have to buy anything I can't live without over the internet. Hopefully, we'll see some decent swatches before then.
aww no!
i was hoping that magnetic nude would be out just after xmas like apres chic was last year, when i could go to the counter and get what i want and wear it all on nye!
urgh i hate ordering online over xmas and new year because it takes FOREVER to come!

yes hopefully there will be swatches before xmas too so i can plan what my xmas sales money is going to be spent on!

BuickMackane

Oh no, that sounds a bit naughty. Hopefully it's a genuine excuse, I know her mum and she both have health problems. Hope you get your money back soon.

You can still pop in for the banter. I've hauled enough for the two of us.
lol.gif
The Nick Cave concert sounds good.
Thank you
flower.gif
. I hope so too, but I'm not overly optimistic. I've never had such a lousy experience with a CP before.

The concert was great! Well, except for the ghastly support act and setlist being noticeably biased towards the slower stuff. IMO anyway. I like my Bad Seeds noisy and chaotic
girlhaha.gif

I'm a bit of a grumpy cow these days so it's best I stay away from the NP thread for everyone's sake. The last time I checked the thread (2 weeks or so ago, IIRC) I noticed quite a few new users. I'd really hate to scare them off haha.

Latest posts