UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

rockin

Tarte Cosmetics coming to QVC http://www.reallyree.com/2014/02/tarte-cosmetics-uk-qvc-show-times.html

Erinaceina

Has anyone ever bought LE MAC in Guildford before? How fast do collections usually sell out?
I've found that it tends to take longer to sell out than in the Harvey Nichols in Leeds. My dad got me the Pink Pepper pressed pigment there after it had sold out in HN, and I got Nude from the autumn RiRi collection there on the Saturday after it released, when I think it had sold out in Leeds by that point. They seemed to have pretty much everything left, whereas I can't see it having lasted the day at my normal store. Having said that, as other people have commented, stuff can sell out anywhere and it really depends on the level of stock they get in for any given collection.

MACaddict1234

Just bought the viva glam lipstick off the website, cant wait till
mac_boxday.gif

Erinaceina

Fantasy of Flowers is released on 20th Feb!
greengrin.gif
I just talked to MAC chat and they said that it'll be released at Selfridges at the same time, and then in other stores early in March, probably the first Thursday. I really want to pick my own Perfect Topping and I want to B2M for the lipsticks, but I may try to pick up the blushes online.

ghopkins91

I just talked to MAC chat and they said that it'll be released at Selfridges at the same time, and then in other stores early in March, probably the first Thursday.  I really want to pick my own Perfect Topping and I want to B2M for the lipsticks, but I may try to pick up the blushes online.
Oooh I think I'm going to be to inpatient for in store release hehe! I'm with you on choosing a PT in store though x

Anitacska

I just talked to MAC chat and they said that it'll be released at Selfridges at the same time, and then in other stores early in March, probably the first Thursday. I really want to pick my own Perfect Topping and I want to B2M for the lipsticks, but I may try to pick up the blushes online.
Oh that's better. 20th Feb is smack in the middle of half term and I too want to pick my own PT.
smiles.gif

Sophiephoebe1

Hello everyone! :) This is my first post, but I have been following this thread for quite a bit now. I was wondering if anyone knows whether Fantasy of Flowers will also be released on the 20th Feb at debenhams?

kerry-jane88

Hello everyone! :) This is my first post, but I have been following this thread for quite a bit now. I was wondering if anyone knows whether Fantasy of Flowers will also be released on the 20th Feb at debenhams?
Hello! I think I read somewhere that it wont release the same day as mac online, If memory serves me right the collections can release on debenhams the following Tuesday, but debenhams is pretty slow and glitchy to get the new collections up properly! They'll be online by Thursday 27th in line with the counter release I'd imagine. You can ask debenhams beauty club facebook and they should be able to tell you though :)

Sophiephoebe1

Hello! I think I read somewhere that it wont release the same day as mac online, If memory serves me right the collections can release on debenhams the following Tuesday, but debenhams is pretty slow and glitchy to get the new collections up properly! They'll be online by Thursday 27th in line with the counter release I'd imagine. You can ask debenhams beauty club facebook and they should be able to tell you though :)
Thanks for the reply! The only reason I want to use Debenhams is because I might as well use my beauty card points & it's closer than Selfridges for me! I just don't want to miss out by getting the wrong date, so I might post a question on their Facebook too like you suggested :)

toobusytostitch

The only reason I want to use Debenhams is because I might as well use my beauty card points & it's closer than Selfridges for me! I just don't want to miss out by getting the wrong date, so I might post a question on their Facebook too like you suggested
smiles.gif
I like to use Debenhams too - for the points, and also because they now do Click and Collect and I can use my points on-line - how Debenhams have improved lately!! This could be the first release for ages that I'm interested in - I like those eye-shadow quads, whatever the reviews say! I do find that sometimes if you search on the website for the individual products they actually show up before the photos have gone onto the site. Strange but true :)

Sophiephoebe1

I like to use Debenhams too - for the points, and also because they now do Click and Collect and I can use my points on-line - how Debenhams have improved lately!!  This could be the first release for ages that I'm interested in - I like those eye-shadow quads, whatever the reviews say! I do find that sometimes if you search on the website for the individual products they actually show up before the photos have gone onto the site.  Strange but true :)
I'll give that a go then, searching for it! I want most of the lipsticks from this collection, and maybe a blush! I just don't want to miss out by waiting for a debenhams to stock this collection and not be able to get my hands on the stuff I want! I'll leave them a message and tell you what they say to me about when they stock it in their stores :)

Sophiephoebe1

I have just tweeted Selfridges asking if FOF will be released on 20th Feb and they said that they have no release information yet (yeah right, haha)
I'm unsure whether to make a trip to Selfridges now, I don't want a wasted trip on Thursday! Sorry to keep going on about this but, is the 20th the online release or in store?

ghopkins91

I have just tweeted Selfridges asking if FOF will be released on 20th Feb and they said that they have no release information yet (yeah right, haha)
I'm unsure whether to make a trip to Selfridges now, I don't want a wasted trip on Thursday! Sorry to keep going on about this but, is the 20th the online release or in store?
I asked MAC chat a couple of days ago & asked. They said online & instore on the 20th - I hope thats right because I've decided for in store & I don't want a wasted trip either :) I didn't ask what stores, didn't think about that! xx

ghopkins91

Just spoke to MAC chat again, she says on the 20th it will be released in Brown Thomas & Selfridges but not in other stores til the following week. Boo!

Sophiephoebe1

Just spoke to MAC chat again, she says on the 20th it will be released in Brown Thomas & Selfridges but not in other stores til the following week. Boo!
Thanks for confirming it! I don't know why they make out like they don't know when its being released and they do! It's really aggravating!

ghopkins91

Thanks for confirming it! I don't know why they make out like they don't know when its being released and they do! It's really aggravating!
I know! I actually ended up popping into MAC today and asked when its being released in store and the 2 women I spoke to didn't even know what it was! I had to tell them it was a new collection but they hadn't heard of it :-/

Sophiephoebe1

I know! I actually ended up popping into MAC today and asked when its being released in store and the 2 women I spoke to didn't even know what it was! I had to tell them it was a new collection but they hadn't heard of it :-/
I think they must be told to act like they don't know anything about new collections or release dates, thats the vibes I've always picked up anyway. They just seem clueless and uninterested when you ask them about them though and it really annoys me. What Mac chat do you use ? I can only find it on the American site!

ghopkins91

On the UK site, on the bottom left it says live chat/email an artist. When you press it, it automatically takes you to email an artist but then on the left you can press chat live :)

Latest posts