UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

rockin

I always moan about the heat! We've got the back door and front window open, and the fan on full blast, and it's still too warm. It's come over very cloudy too, so we might be in for a storm. Of course, that means it's gotten dark indoors, but I daren't turn the lights on because the moths come in then, and my kids go beserk when there are moths indoors.

Anyone else got their kids' teachers on strike on Thursday? I got an email tonight to say that my daughter's school will be closed because of the strike. Unfortunately that's the day I've got to accompany my son to his English exam, and there's not enough room in his teacher's car for another person as she keeps loads of stuff on the back seat. I'm not sure what to do. I don't like to keep asking my parents for favours, especially as my Dad has just found out that although his bowel cancer is now clear he now has liver cancer :(

Anitacska

Yeah, our school is closed on Thursday. :( Thankfully my younger daughter's school trip to the Natural History Museum is still going ahead, so I'll only have the other two at home, but still not great. At least I have my parenting course on Thursday morning and they have a creche, so I'll have 2 child free hours then!

So sorry to hear about your Dad. :(

I always moan about the heat! We've got the back door and front window open, and the fan on full blast, and it's still too warm. It's come over very cloudy too, so we might be in for a storm. Of course, that means it's gotten dark indoors, but I daren't turn the lights on because the moths come in then, and my kids go beserk when there are moths indoors.

Anyone else got their kids' teachers on strike on Thursday? I got an email tonight to say that my daughter's school will be closed because of the strike. Unfortunately that's the day I've got to accompany my son to his English exam, and there's not enough room in his teacher's car for another person as she keeps loads of stuff on the back seat. I'm not sure what to do. I don't like to keep asking my parents for favours, especially as my Dad has just found out that although his bowel cancer is now clear he now has liver cancer :(

PeachTwist

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he gets better.

It's also damn roasting here. It's rained for the past 2 weeks but today it's hot, humid, cloudy and looks like it wants to pour down but won't. I just need some cool air. I feel like I'm in a damn oven.

My brothers are off school on Thursday too due to the strike. Which to be honest, I'm annoyed with. The school year is nearly over meaning we're gonna have to deal with them for like what, 6 weeks straight soon enough? They don't realise just how fucking annoying children can be when they're bored and it's hot. They're hot, irritable, and do nothing but cause problems with each other. Can't be bothered with it, it's too much of a damn headache.. and we always go through way more food when they're off also, BLAH.

I'm off to hopefully try and sleep - I've realised I've now been up for 15hrs and I need to crash, my eyes are stinging/burning. G'night everyone.

sosdrielle

not sure if it interests anybody here but i did a review video on a couple of make up books i had bought for the specktra youtube - A book review – the beauty edition
Great video! I have that Rae Morris book as well, I find it very good. She has a new one out now that I want to get. The Nars one didn't pique my interest enough for me to buy it. I have two of Kevyn Aucoin's books, Making Faces and Face Forward. Both are very good and are un-specific about brands like the rae morris one.

Alisha1

Sorry to hear about your dad :(

LMD84

thanks you! and thanks so much for watching :) i will definately be getting the making faces book this next month :)

Anitacska

Yeah, same here. I got caught up in one in Guildford earlier, and then again while driving home down the A3 (fun fun fun!) and now there's another one coming, just in time for school run! I feel really bad because the forecast was 24 degrees, so I sent my children to school in summer dresses without cardigans, and I was actually quite cold while shopping in Guildford. :(

Big thunderstorm happening here right now! Sounds like it's almost on top of us

rockin

It went away and came back. We've had to put the living room light on as it's so dark. My daughter will be heading home from school soon - I hope the rain holds off for a while.

As you say, though, Lou, it is very refreshing, and hopefully will clear the air

Edit: Oh no, it's absolutely chucking it down, and she will be on her way home now

Anitacska

Hope she didn't get too wet. We did, but it's not too cold outside at least.

On another note, don't think Semi Precious is coming out this week, no sign of it on the Mac website.

Oh and I saw the Sleek Au Naturel palette in Superdrug, but it is very neutral for my liking, so passed on it. No Caribbean palette yet though, never mind, I'll get it next week. Sadly I'm still waiting for the 3 palettes (Jewels, Safari and Oh So Special) I bought from eBay, apparently the seller sposted them today, even though I paid last Wednesday! I don't like it when they just sit on my money and don't post straight away, I always aim to post within 2 days. :(

It went away and came back. We've had to put the living room light on as it's so dark. My daughter will be heading home from school soon - I hope the rain holds off for a while.

As you say, though, Lou, it is very refreshing, and hopefully will clear the air

Edit: Oh no, it's absolutely chucking it down, and she will be on her way home now

rockin

She got soaked through :(

I hope your Sleek palettes arrive quickly. I got Chaos and Safari in the post today.

It might be worth asking them in Superdrug if they wouldn't mind having a little look in the drawer under the display - that's where the Caribbean and Oh So Special palettes were hiding in ours, and the new lipsticks. Unfortunately there was no Au Naturel apart from the brand new tester one on the display stand.

I've been checking the MAC site throughout the day too, as I could have sworn I saw someone post that one of the collections had been brought forward to 30th June (in which case, today would have been the day for online).

Alisha1

I think someone posted that it should be online on the 30th and in store on the 7th but not sure as when I rang a few of my local stores I got mixed responses :s I'm seriously considering skipping most things from this collection to get more Chanel! I love everything I received today :) Its not raining here thankfully but it was last night and it was thundering as well! Its cloudy again so I'm guessing the same is going to happen today :(

rockin

If it is going to be online on 30th, I hope it is early in the day, as I have to accompany my son to his exam in the afternoon. From experience, I know I can't get a signal on my mobile broadband dongle from the exam centre - that's how I missed out on an ebay bargain recently

fleur de lis

We've had thunderstorms here today too.

it has been raining here for a while now which is very refreshing. the sky is crazy dark though :(

Lou - do you know when we're getting the upcoming Mac collections (the ones following semi-precious?) Also, do you know when we're getting the Chanel Fall collection? I checked the release date thread but couldn't find the info.

LMD84

Lou - do you know when we're getting the upcoming Mac collections (the ones following semi-precious?) Also, do you know when we're getting the Chanel Fall collection? I checked the release date thread but couldn't find the info.
the chanel fall collection is august i believe but not sure on a date yet. and i shall update the thread with the mac info. sorry i have been slacking with that because i'm juggling lots of other bits too! :(

fleur de lis

Awesome that Chanel is coming in August and don't worry about the thread - I wasn't meaning to hassle you or anything!

LMD84

no it's good that you did!! i forgot to be honest. i have lots that i juggle here so sometimes i might forget about some things. sorry! but i shall make sure that i update it tomorrow with release dates for you all :)

fleur de lis

You are a star, thank you!
no it's good that you did!! i forgot to be honest. i have lots that i juggle here so sometimes i might forget about some things. sorry! but i shall make sure that i update it tomorrow with release dates for you all :)

rockin

Big Bounce "Trophy" is sold out. It seems the new look MAC site doesn't say something is sold out when you hover over it - you actually have to click on the item to see that

Latest posts