UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

LMD84

I only ordered Hibiscus, yey me!!!

I used the free shipping code and then paid the extra to get named day for Thu so by Thursday afternoon I should be rocking some awsome red/coral lips.
yay! be proud you got away with a small haul! mine was small too! hibiscus is what i am most excited for though!

sonia84

It helps not to really go on threads after I order my initial items. I stayed off the Quite Cute and Jeanius threads after I ordered so no temptation. I want to get one of the face brushes and if I get anything extra, I won't be able to afford it, simple as. I am really lemming Summer Shower to go over Ever Hip. Need to push that down.

AndSparkle

Some towns are better than others. All we have is Boots and House of Fraser, and there is no MAC for 15 miles or so (a long and expensive bus journey away - impossible when you're a Carer). I've never ever seen Illamasqua or Inglot other than on pictures and videos online, and I don't fancy buying online without trying their products first. I only have a few NARS products, and that's again because I can't test and the prices and postage are mad!

I guess we're lucky to have Urban Decay and Benefit, though.

I agree with this more. ALOT of the more 'professional' brands, or smaller, foreign brands (e.g Inglot) can only be found around London, and even then, some towns don't have very good selections of make up. I have to travel 20 miles to get to my nearest MAC, selfridges, and 'proper' debenhams (in other words, it stocks more then clinque and chanel).. and tbh, I don't have the time or the money to travel there regularly....

But it also goes back to the SA's being really intimidating.. I hate going make up shopping cause I always feel kinda ugly, or childish I guess. I wish I could have the shop to myself sometimes, and then ask for help if I need it. Or the shop could be run by robots. That could be fun. :)

Iwantitall

Hey all, hope evryone is well ? Ive just placed my super big order for............................................................................hibiscus !!! Thats it, however im already wondering if i should get the blush ? What do you guys think ? Should i ? x

HappyInsomniac

Glad I checked here, I had it in my head that the release date was the 5th for some reason! I'm trying to limit myself, so just ordered up Hibiscus and the My Paradise cheek powder. So pretty!

LMD84

Hey all, hope evryone is well ? Ive just placed my super big order for............................................................................hibiscus !!! Thats it, however im already wondering if i should get the blush ? What do you guys think ? Should i ? x
well i wanted the blush at first but because i am nc20 i feel it will be too orange for me. plus i don't think it is particularly unique - at least compared to what i already own :)

rockin

Glad I checked here, I had it in my head that the release date was the 5th for some reason! I'm trying to limit myself, so just ordered up Hibiscus and the My Paradise cheek powder. So pretty!

The 5th should be the in-store release date. They always seem to release it online on the Tuesday and in store on the Thursday.

LMD84

my nars online order is all set to arrive today so i am getting really excited about that! i am so sad right? it is being delieverd to work but because i am off today i will have to pop in anyway just to collect it! i am in the city anyway because i am getting my highlights done later today :)

Iwantitall

Thanks Lou :) I can always rely on you for common sense. Im an NC15 so it really would be too orange on me, however i have NARS Taj mahal and i love that. Plus i have Ripe peach, Marine life, Bite of an apple, and a few other orangie, corally, peachy ones so i think im all set ? I really want to resist being caught up in all of the hype this time and finally get some stuff off my list rather that just LE items. I am contemplating the nail polishes, especially the pale pink one as im after a nudey polish and am yet to find the right one !

What did you get from NARS ?

Anitacska

There's a free Nails Inc nail polish inside the new InStyle magazine, 3 colours to choose from: orange, teal and beige, I got the teal one, it's very pretty. :)

My stupid local Debenhams still doesn't have the Estee Lauder summer collection, I really wanted to get the starfish blush with my points. :( And Debenhams still doesn't have Surf Baby up, I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow now.

AndSparkle

Ooooh. Thanks for letting us know about the Nails Inc offer... I must have about 40 of their polishes by now but I love them! :D When did the issue come out?

melliquor

well i wanted the blush at first but because i am nc20 i feel it will be too orange for me. plus i don't think it is particularly unique - at least compared to what i already own :)
Thanks... you just saved me from buying it. I was thinking of having the one item from the collection because I loved the collection... I am always a sucker for cute packaging. Anyways, I was going to get it but now... decided against it. I have bought way too much makeup in the past month and just ordered more Hakuhodo brushes today.... so really skint at the moment.

I am waiting for the collections from June and July... i can't wait for Semi-Precious and the warm palette (sorry can't remember the name of the collection) hehe :)

Alisha1

I agree with this more. ALOT of the more 'professional' brands, or smaller, foreign brands (e.g Inglot) can only be found around London, and even then, some towns don't have very good selections of make up. I have to travel 20 miles to get to my nearest MAC, selfridges, and 'proper' debenhams (in other words, it stocks more then clinque and chanel).. and tbh, I don't have the time or the money to travel there regularly....

But it also goes back to the SA's being really intimidating.. I hate going make up shopping cause I always feel kinda ugly, or childish I guess. I wish I could have the shop to myself sometimes, and then ask for help if I need it. Or the shop could be run by robots. That could be fun. :)
I was in Debenhams last week and I wanted a Chanel foundation match, I went to the counter and although the MA was free she didn't come and ask if I needed help so after 15min of trying to match my own foundation I walked to the Dior counter instead as I've heard some good things about there foundation but the same thing happened. Thats one reason I prefer the MAC counter at Selfridges because atleast the MA ask if we need any help unless their really busy.

Alisha1

Oh and also I haven't noticed the Surf Baby makeup bag on the site, anyone know if its a store exclusive or something? :)

AndSparkle

I was in Debenhams last week and I wanted a Chanel foundation match, I went to the counter and although the MA was free she didn't come and ask if I needed help so after 15min of trying to match my own foundation I walked to the Dior counter instead as I've heard some good things about there foundation but the same thing happened. Thats one reason I prefer the MAC counter at Selfridges because atleast the MA ask if we need any help unless their really busy.

Its so annoying cause the same kinda thing happens all the time to me. I don't know whether it's because I'm small (4"11) and they think I'm too young (19) but still... I feel like screaming 'YOU DO REALISE I HAVE CASH TO SPEND DON'T YOU?!?!' with the hope that they'll actually take notice of me! :(

Alisha1

Its so annoying cause the same kinda thing happens all the time to me. I don't know whether it's because I'm small (4"11) and they think I'm too young (19) but still... I feel like screaming 'YOU DO REALISE I HAVE CASH TO SPEND DON'T YOU?!?!' with the hope that they'll actually take notice of me! :(
lol maybe it is because were small! (I'm 5'1!) lol and I'm 18, I think it also might be because I don't look like someone whose obsessed with makeup...if only they knew...
Unless a new collection is out that I want to check out I usually only go by the counters to purchase things, I actually ended up going to HOF where the Chanel MUA was really nice and helpful :)

rockin

I have a similar problem, AndSparkle. Only thing is, I think maybe they consider me too old (I'm 45) or not 'rich looking' enough. I walk into House Of Fraser and feel I'm not posh enough for the place.

The Urban Decay counter don't seem to have that problem though - they are always willing to help if help is required, or to advise if asked. The Benefit counter staff seem to impose their help and advice on you whether you want it or not.

HappyInsomniac

I get generally ignored in Department stores, also. Probably one of the reasons I haven't spent a day in one trying out different foundations for a good match - the MAs are just so intimidating. I guess I don't look rich/makeup obsessed enough for them to waste their time on. :(