Urban Decay Holiday 2012

MissTT

Thanks for posting the palette pic. unfortunately it looks like it would be ashy on my skin.
ssad.gif

MissTT

your welcome and im sorry to hear that. have you tried using a good base??
No I haven't. This is the first I've heard of this mini-Naked palette. The first 3 colors just look really white/pale and then the next two would also be tough to show up. Putting brown e/s on brown skin can be challenging - at least for me. I love the idea of an all matte palette though.

kimibos

No I haven't. This is the first I've heard of this mini-Naked palette. The first 3 colors just look really white/pale and then the next two would also be tough to show up. Putting brown e/s on brown skin can be challenging - at least for me. I love the idea of an all matte palette though.
i agree. the first 3 colors look too similar and pale. i wish it was a palette like the other naked ones with more colors.

HoneyMilk

I'm an airhead, I meant that you get 20 shades for $60.

My Ocho Loco set has shipped and The Vice palette. UD makes my favorite eyeliners so that set was a no brainer. I do like their eyeshadows but some are SO SOFT and almost mushy (Baked, Half Baked) that can make an quick application turn into a messy nightmare lol

I am annoyed the $9 shadows are clearance at $6 now. I could've purchased almost 3 more for the price I paid a few weeks ago. Oh well.

duckrodeo

I totally stocked up on the vintage shadows when I saw them for $6! I got 17 of them lol. I had to do an inventory though and make sure I wasn't getting duplicate shades. i own wayy too many UD palettes and singles. My weakness!

kimibos

I totally stocked up on the vintage shadows when I saw them for $6! I got 17 of them lol. I had to do an inventory though and make sure I wasn't getting duplicate shades. i own wayy too many UD palettes and singles. My weakness!
i have seen your stash pictures, and i think that you can write URBAN DECAY QUEEN in your signature.

duckrodeo

i have seen your stash pictures, and i think that you can write URBAN DECAY QUEEN in your signature. 
Hahaha! I should definitely do that! Urban Decay was my first favorite high-end MU brand! Then I fell in love with MAC and my stash has never been moderately-sized since!

lilygreen22

would you mind sharing which e/s you bought that weren't dupes of paletters you had? I have a bunch of palettes (AiW BoS, BoS IV, 15th anniversary palette, half-baked) and it sounds like you have more palettes so it would be great ot hear recs for the vintage e/s sale!

DILLIGAF

I think I will be all over this Vice Palette. I love UDs sleeker palettes. I don't own a single Book of Shadows because of the size and bulk. I mainly use palettes to travel and this would be right up my alley

duckrodeo

would you mind sharing which e/s you bought that weren't dupes of paletters you had? I have a bunch of palettes (AiW BoS, BoS IV, 15th anniversary palette, half-baked) and it sounds like you have more palettes so it would be great ot hear recs for the vintage e/s sale!
I own the following palettes:
Naked
Naked 2
Alice in Wonderland
Book of Shadows II
Book of Shadows III
Book of Shadows IV
15th Anniversary
Summer of Love
Feminine, Dangerous and Fun (old style)
Vice Palette
Vegan
Ammo
Preen
Black

These are the single eyeshadows I own, the ones in bold are the ones I do not have duplicates of in palettes. It does not mean that they haven't appeared in a palette, though! (For instance, I don't own Romp in a palette, but it was seen in the Midnight Emergency kit).

ABC Gum
Acid Rain
Aquarius
Asphyxia
Blaze
Blunt
Cherry
Chronic
Cult
Dashiki
Ecstasy
El Dorado
Electric
Exhaust
Flipside
Freelove
Gash
Goddess
Green Goddess
Hot Pants
Jones
Kiddie Pool
Kiss
Last Call
Lounge
Mary Jane
Minx
Midnight Cowgirl
Narcotic
Piccadilly
Purple Haze
Revolver
Roach
Romp
Rust
S&M
Secret Service
Sellout
Shattered
Skimp
Stalker
Strip
SWF
Urb
Vapor
Woodstock
X

I know a portion of those eyeshadows are long-since discontinued and are hard to find (i.e. Gash, Piccadilly, Green Goddess, Jones, and maybe some others).

duckrodeo

duckrodeo -- this is AMAZING! perfectly helpful -- thanks SO much!
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help :) eBay is also a pretty good resource to get some of those discontinued shades! But you can't beat $6 for the ones that are still available on Sephora and UD's websites!

califabulous

Are the new formula shadows really that much better than the vintage? I almost bought the 4-pan palette tonight but decided to sleep on it. $6 is a steal, no?

Thia Winter

Are the new formula shadows really that much better than the vintage? I almost bought the 4-pan palette tonight but decided to sleep on it. $6 is a steal, no?
$6 is a steal. I actually do like the new formula better, though I think the price on the vintage is worth it too. I just splurged on some myself.