Urban Decay Naked Palette

anita22

I agree, I think it's unlikely that they would be holding out this long purely to create hype - that's a very expensive method of marketing!

I work in marketing myself and can say that it's entirely possible the shortage is due to supply chain difficulties... particularly when you are manufacturing an item that is not the same shape/size etc as your regular line of products (as the Naked Palette is) you are often dealing with a completely different supplier than your usual. I once had to deal with a supplier going bankrupt and it took 4 months for the company to find another suitable supplier (even though we found one right away, it had to be inspected by our quality control and then they still had to complete a certification to legally produce our product) - even though we needed about 1 million units of product there was nothing we could do! Another company I have worked for had a product go out of stock for months, simply because there was a European-wide shortage of one of the materials that was used to produce it. As consumers it can be hard for us to understand why companies can't resolve these things quickly, but the reality is that manufacturing can be a complex operation with long lead times.

Sorry to get a bit technical, but I thought my own experiences in the world of consumer goods might help shed some light..!

bea_16

I can't believe this came back online! I ordered mine from Sephora, here's hoping it actually ships.

R21ORCHID

This palette is back on at Sephora finally
flower.gif

ChelsMarie

I want this palette so bad! I have a space saved for it on my custom built shelf next to my Show Pony palette. And I had it in my basket today on Sephora.com and made myself click off the page
fool.gif

I just couldn't do it. I have spent so much money lately and I was down to having around $50 left for my monthly makeup budget. And I wanted a new face cleanser (wanted to get new olay cleansing product like clarisonic but got the new neutrogena one). And I want to check out MAC tomorrow to test a couple of products that I skipping online lastnight.
But I am very sad I passed it up :(
Someday I will get it, until then my shelf will have a spot for it.

foxxylatina07

Hi beauties,

Okay so I haven't posted here in a while but I got some updates and some weird news about this palette. Anyway, so back in Novemeber I finally managed to swap for this palette and fell in love with it. Then a few days later after the swap I received an email from UD telling me that they had a palette for me and that I had only 42 hours to get it. I ordered it just in case I wanted a backup. So I'm happy with my palette and I don't need another one for a while.

Now this is what I found weird and I thought I should share with you guys here, especially those that haven't gotten it and are planning on getting it. The palette is now $48 instead of $44. Why? They included a Good Karma eyeshadow brush and got rid of the eyeliner pencil. I don't know if this is good news for anybody but all I know is that alot of people will probably be upset because of the price increase which is four bucks!!

I saw this in the Sephora website and I also read some disturbing reviews where several customers purchased their palette and received it with fingernail indentations as if they were tampered with. However, Sephora deleted those reviews so that potential customers don't be put off by what's going on. So if you're planning on buying it from Sephora, be careful and make sure you check them. Okay that's all for now.

Allura Beauty

Urban Decay will be changing the palette to have a Good Karma Shadow Brush instead of the double-ended 24/7 liner pencils. They say that because it's such a "great brush," the cost of the palette will go up $2 to be $48.

The new palettes will be sold on UD's website and in stores in early February. The palettes that UD get in will go to people on the wait-list first, and then on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Personally, I don't think they should increase the price of the palette.

www.allurabeauty.com
Twitter
fb

m-mahogany

^^Ditto, I agree, although the loyal UDers are saying that we shouldn't complain because everyone has eyeliners nowadays. I'm saying: that is not the point. Plus, everyone has a basic shader brush, especially if they're buying a $44-$48 palette.

Honey&LemonGirl

I purchased mine the day it reappeared on Sephora's website, and it arrived with fingerprints (but no nail marks) and the pans were glued in crookedly. It was terrible. I returned it right away, so disappointing!

roLLerGrrL

I saw this in the Sephora website and I also read some disturbing reviews where several customers purchased their palette and received it with fingernail indentations as if they were tampered with. However, Sephora deleted those reviews so that potential customers don't be put off by what's going on. So if you're planning on buying it from Sephora, be careful and make sure you check them. Okay that's all for now.
I saw the reviews. I can kind of understand why they removed the reviews but I hope they give an explanation.

MAChostage

I will say that I already own the brush that they're including with the newer palette and it is a very nice brush. I can understand people wanting that pencil though.

missminikat

I don't know if this will help, but for any other Canadian users select Shoppers Drug Marts carry UD now. I was at the Queen and John location in downtown Toronto the other day and they'd just gotten a new shipment of the Naked Palette. It costs the same as at Sephora and you get the happy bonus of Optimum points. This might be a nice alternative for some, especially with the quality issues coming from Sephora at the moment.

macosophy

Do you know by any chance if Shoppers is selling the palettes with eyeliners or the brush? I'm guessing the eyeliners. Also, I'm curious to know if there are any locations in Vancouver that carry the palette? I asked Shoppers on twitter and they suggested I to call all the locations. I don't want it that bad! But I would like to buy it soon enough, just don't know if it's going to be possible here in Vancouver. I don't want to order from the Sephora website because of the bad reviews and shipping is pricey.

m-mahogany

Do you know by any chance if Shoppers is selling the palettes with eyeliners or the brush? I'm guessing the eyeliners.
The email from UD said some stores will still carry the pencil palettes and soon get new shipments, so if you buy it within the next few weeks, it'll have a pencil. And I agree with the people above, the shades are AMAZING and buttery, you could literally apply them with your fingers. The look I have in my avatar is from the UD palette. I love it so much, especially being a neutral girl all the way.

m-mahogany

Do you know by any chance if Shoppers is selling the palettes with eyeliners or the brush? I'm guessing the eyeliners. Also, I'm curious to know if there are any locations in Vancouver that carry the palette? I asked Shoppers on twitter and they suggested I to call all the locations. I don't want it that bad! But I would like to buy it soon enough, just don't know if it's going to be possible here in Vancouver. I don't want to order from the Sephora website because of the bad reviews and shipping is pricey.
The email from UD said the new shipments w/ brushes will be coming soon, so if you buy a palette in the coming weeks, it'll have the pencil since they are getting rid of those first. And to people above, I agree totally. The palette and the shadows are amazing, the shadows are so buttery you could literally apply them with your fingers. My eye makeup in my avatar is from the palette, right down to the eyeliner. For a neutral girl, i'm never turning back now. LOVE THIS PALETTE.

Allura Beauty

Regarding the quality issues with the recent Naked palettes:

I've had my own personal palette for many months now, but when Sephora and Ulta recently got more in stock after the long dry spell, I managed to snag one as a backup and 2 more as gifts. Unfortunately, every single one of them had shadows that had fingerprints, scratches, smudges, pans that were loose, or a combination of these issues. I was really surprised and taken aback when I saw this. I knew some people had had similar issues, but I thought it was a few isolated incidents.

I spoke with UD directly about this. Apparently, UD's manufacturer was trying to make the palettes quickly and they were having trouble with a lot of the eyeshadow pans sticking. So they had the workers wear gloves and push down the pans to try to get them to stick. That's why you see the fingerprint and smudge marks.

The UD representative stated that "UD didn't agree with the manufacturer" doing this. UD is aware of the issue and has talked with Sephora and Ulta about it also. If anyone has these problems with their palettes, Sephora and UIta will take them back as returns.

So sad I have to return these :(

Here is what one of the palettes looked like:

www.allurabeauty.com
Twitter
fb

Latest posts