Viva Glam Discussion - Lady Gaga - 2011

EngineerBarbie

Have any NW40 - 50 gals tried this? I'm worried the color will look 'ashy'. With all the pink in my lips that usually makes nudes look crappy on me unless they have a cool undertone (like Beaux Lustreglass or Polished Lip lipstick). I'm making a trip to my local MAC store tomorrow so I'll see it then.

luvlydee

ok so i found out a way to make these work for me. For reference my lips are very pigmented and unevern. My bottom lips are pink and the top is brown. and also the corners of my lips are brown.

what I did with the lipstick was apply it, tap it in so it could look more like a stain, and then apply it again carefully. Then i lined my lips with hodgepodge liner and smacked my lips together until it blended in. It looks like a pale nude that wont scare people off. I personally am not used to pale nudes like this, but ive seen woc rock pale nudes like this and it looked fine. so i guess i can keep this lol

WIth the gloss, when i pulled out the spodge tip applicator, i wiped the excess off at the edge of the container and applied it like that. it was more than enough to cover my lips. not as opaque but enough to make it even. Then i lined my lips with stripdown liner, but i didnt smack my lips together because it looked fine like that and i didnt want to risk sliding the gloss around so much.

Hope this helps anyone lol

i tried taking pics but my phone wasnt capturing how it really looked

Modmom

From the comparison swatches I've seen, I'm so glad this is nothing like Blankety. That l/s looks horrible on me. This looks to have a bit more color than Creme d'nude (my everyday l/s) so I'm still excited to try this on myself.

RealDoll

Im warming up to the lipstick and gloss...I love that it is amplified and looks way better than myth look on me lol.
love.gif

Face2Mac

Have any NW40 - 50 gals tried this? I'm worried the color will look 'ashy'. With all the pink in my lips that usually makes nudes look crappy on me unless they have a cool undertone (like Beaux Lustreglass or Polished Lip lipstick). I'm making a trip to my local MAC store tomorrow so I'll see it then.
This is what I found (scroll down for pic), sells me off the lipstick b/c it looks so pasty and stark but I still do love that gloss.
http://www.stylelist.com/2011/02/17/mac-viva-glam-gaga-2-lipstick-lipglass/

BeautyByLele

I think if she would have used a lip liner with the lipstick/ lipgloss then it would have turned out much better . . .
2cents.gif

jenii

Okay, I got the lipstick, and took a picture of it with indoor lighting (it looked the same on me in any light).

That's how it looks when applied over bare lips, no liner. I did that so you could see what it looks like when you just shmear it on without any sort of blending. My favorite way to wear it so far, though, is over Pink Treat liner:

Overall, I like it. I feel like I can control the opacity of it pretty easily. I am glad someone bought it for me as a gift, though, because when I got home I realized why I liked it so much:

The only two nudes that are wearable for me are similar in color. Belle looks more peachy, though, and the textures are different enough that I can justify having both. Belle is quite a bit drier, so Gaga is the better choice to apply over a liner. The opacity is also different, with Belle being more sheer than Gaga.

If anyone's wondering how the lipglass was, there's no pics, but I did try it. I feel like it might look fine by itself, but over the lipstick it just looked like a milky, anemic brown. Not so great, that.

Hope this helped!

lilkay2nv

im nw45 here is both the ls and lg. like jenii said u can control the opacity which i like. i was nervous bc i thought it would be too nude but overall its nice

Face2Mac

I love how it was warmed up Jenii with Pink treat, so pretty.

You are so cute, lilkay2nv. You have sold me on it, I will purchasing it tomorrow. Thanks enabler
bouquet.gif

lilkay2nv

I love how it was warmed up Jenii with Pink treat, so pretty.

You are so cute, lilkay2nv. You have sold me on it, I will purchasing it tomorrow. Thanks enabler
bouquet.gif
aww thanks. it really is a gorgeous nude, just have to know how to control the lipstick :)

dxgirly

Ahhh I love this more and more everytime I see it on a new person! I don't think I can wait for my order to come.... I'm going to see if I can get my boy to swing up and get these for me tonight while I'm at work.
yahoo.gif

Then I'll use the ones I bought from MAC's website for a giveaway on my blog or something
amuse.gif

shontay07108

So I actually got my package today even though the tracking info predicted Monday. How do I feel about this lipstick/gloss duo? It's an absolute nightmare straight out of the tube! Like really f---ing horrible. You must work with this thing. For me, when I found the right thing to pair it with, I was glad that I bought it. I used cork for my entire lip, not just to outline. Then applied the lipstick and then the gloss. No need to use a lot. At first I tried it with Stripdown, but it was just too pale, still. With cork, it's turned into a real nude on me. The smell is like clay and not the usual Mac scent. The texture seemed pretty thick and I said "hey, is this a satin?". No, it's an AC. I can't imagine this looking good on many people without some work or light application. However, if you love gaga, want to help a good cause or are in search of a real nude (and willing to put in the work) then buy it. I must say that I actually like the shimmer in the lipglass. I don't see anything peach about these colors. They are like the color of putty. Straight up. Like concealer. I will post pics if I find a decent shot.

shontay07108

I was not feeling myself today. Ever have one of those days? I felt like a drowned rat because my hair didn't want to work with me. Plus, I don't have allergies, but it seems whenever I put make up (specifically liner) on my inner corners, my eyes get tight. I rubbed and scratched at the area and Siahi smudged under my eye. On top of that, my lips got weird and started peeling out for no reason. I had a Nars lipstick with me and let me tell you, Nars lipstick is not your friend when your lips aren't right. So I went all day w/o lip color.Also, as I get older the marionette lines are speaking to me and it swallows up my foundation on a daily basis. Anyway, I say all this to say, pay my face no mind and just look at the lips to see if it's a color you might like. I'm wearing Cork liner on the entire lip, Gaga lipstick and Gaga gloss. Let me rant here please: My new glasses are huge! I had to buy a new pair because my beloved prada frames are wrecked. I've had them for 4 years. I went to 6 different places before I finally just picked a pair. I hated them at first, but now they are kinda growing on me. I have to get used to the size. My old ones were kinda cat eye. The upside is that since you can see my entire eye, I can wear false lashes now. The downside is that since you can see my entire eye, my hereditary bags are more prominent. :eek:hboy:

JennsJewelz

^^I had one of those days today, too. :( But you look gorgeous anyways! I really love your new glasses - you're right, you can see much more of your pretty eyes! :) VGG2 looks awesome on you - I'm still flip-flopping back and forth!!! It does look gorgeous in the swatches over pink treat, but do I really want to have to make this WORK? I'm still not sure.

P.S. What are you wearing on your eyes (other than Siahi)? The colours are gorgeous together!!!

Latest posts